Can we get a RACE sticky? | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Can we get a RACE sticky?

You're the best Owen.
No way he's not the best, the Shanker is the worst. He smells like hops and dirty socks, eats pasta from a can and is generally inhospitable.

No way he's not the best, the Shanker is the worst. He smells like hops and dirty socks, eats pasta from a can and is generally inhospitable.

A man eats one can of ravioli straight from the can in public and it follows him for life. :mad:

:lmao:
You're the best Owen. And your bikes bodywork and zebra seat are unbeatable! :p
hahaha. Thanks, Fella :-D It's hilarious for sure.

I just caught up with this thread... This is beautiful! Hilarious indeed. I always love reading long list of dysfunctional bike parts and more as excuses for going slow.

I just caught up with this thread... This is beautiful! Hilarious indeed. I always love reading long list of dysfunctional bike parts and more as excuses for going slow.

Really? Right fork leaking oil and front end vibrating violently under braking, on a 15 year old bike with no electronic aids is an excuse to you? I guess I should've aimed to win the Pro SBK race on that bike at the last round, and try to beat all the regulars who show up on relatively new built bikes. You sound like a much faster racer than I am, care to share what you have accomplished in racing so far? Or are you throwing another typical reply like some of the others here: can't ride, but can trash talk like a pro...

I wonder how I could keep up and battle with most of the regular group of pro riders on my newer bike throughout the RACE season, and then go significantly slower just at the last race on the older bike? Yeah it must be an excuse, lets judge my pace on an outlier :rolleyes:

Those who were near me in the pits saw what happened, fork was leaking, 2 front rims were swapped, 2 sets of rotors were used on the last rim, and the vibration stayed the same. Bike was in no condition to race, I raced anyway; salvaged points and finished 2nd overall in Pro SBK, 4th in Sprint Cup. End of story!

Last edited:
tenor.gif

Bike was in no condition to race, I raced anyway; salvaged points and finished 2nd overall in Pro SBK, 4th in Sprint Cup. End of story!

You should never have been out on a hot track if your bike was in the condition you’ve described.

That’s arrogant, dangerous and stupid.

You should never have been out on a hot track if your bike was in the condition you’ve described.

That’s arrogant, dangerous and stupid.

You've been trying pretty hard to get a reply from me on this thread, sounds like someone is still ****** off I didn't buy his overpriced race bike at the beginning of the season :D

I recognized the condition of the bike, and I chose to hang around at the back not interfering with anyone else's race, nothing arrogant and dangerous about that... The old bike got the job done and took me to the finish like, that's all I wanted it to do.

Really? Right fork leaking oil and front end vibrating violently under braking, on a 15 year old bike with no electronic aids is an excuse to you? I guess I should've aimed to win the Pro SBK race on that bike at the last round, and try to beat all the regulars who show up on relatively new built bikes. You sound like a much faster racer than I am, care to share what you have accomplished in racing so far? Or are you throwing another typical reply like some of the others here: can't ride for ****, but can trash talk like a pro...

I wonder how I could keep up and battle with most of the regular group of pro riders on my newer bike throughout the RACE season, and then go significantly slower just at the last race on the older bike? Yeah it must be an excuse, lets judge my pace on an outlier :rolleyes:

Those who were near me in the pits saw what happened, fork was leaking, 2 front rims were swapped, 2 sets of rotors were used on the last rim, and the vibration stayed the same. Bike was in no condition to race, I raced anyway; salvaged points and finished 2nd overall in Pro SBK, 4th in Sprint Cup. End of story!

You got 2nd...good for you.

In a classwhere only 3 guys showed up for all 5 rounds.

You got 2nd...good for you.

In a classwhere only 3 guys showed up for all 5 rounds.

I can only race against the people who show up. Round 2 we had a good sized grid, I still finished 4th leaving behind some old vets in the class.

Justin, you really need to worry about your pace before trash-talking a guy who is light years ahead of you at RACE. You've been at RACE for 3 years, still slower than most of the people in your class in AM.

Say whatever you want about me, I'm not too worried about your comments. I raced for the first time last year on the worst bike on the grid, always on used tires, and managed to be in top 5 in all AM SBK rounds (with 2 podiums), even at Round 1 when we had lots of CSBK riders. I finished year 1, 2nd overall in AM SBK with 1 DNF, 2nd overall in Lost Era Heavyweight with 1 DNF, 1st in Rookie cup.
This year in Pro, on a 10 year old bike with no electronic aids, that had its own problems, still managed to do well in both my classes. If the results are repeating themselves over and over, I must be doing something right...

I can only race against the people who show up. Round 2 we had a good sized grid, I still finished 4th leaving behind some old vets in the class.

Justin, you really need to worry about your pace before trash-talking a guy who is light years ahead of you at RACE. You've been at RACE for 3 years, still slower than most of the people in your class in AM.

Say whatever you want about me, I'm not too worried about your comments. I raced for the first time last year on the worst bike on the grid, always on used tires, and managed to be in top 5 in all AM SBK rounds, even at Round 1 when we had lots of CSBK riders. I finished year 1, 2nd overall in AM SBK with 1 DNF, 2nd overall in Lost Era Heavyweight with 1 DNF, 1st in Rookie cup.
This year in Pro, on a 10 year old bike with no electronic aids, that had its own problems, still managed to do well in both my classes. If the results are repeating themselves over and over, I must be doing something right...

First correction....I have been racing since 2006.

Second...yes I am slow. But ive also never claimed to be fast. Its club racing bro. Its like beer league hockey. I show up to have a good time on and off the track.

Youre also not light years ahead of me, youre riding a 140hp+ bike...my 68hp SV does what I need. And my $2600/year race budget is limiting. I used 1 set of tires....ALL year.

Apples to oranges bud.

Lose the attitude, please. Post 108 was completely unnecessary. Without that post, none of the followup would have happened.

I can easily make that happen ... or you can make it happen (I'll help by deleting the posts that you can't). One way invites more infractions (it has already been reported for discussion). The other way doesn't.

edit: obviously this is aimed at Rossi86 but there was a simulpost.

Lose the attitude, please. Post 108 was completely unnecessary. Without that post, none of the followup would have happened.

I can easily make that happen ... or you can make it happen (I'll help by deleting the posts that you can't). One way invites more infractions (it has already been reported for discussion). The other way doesn't.

edit: obviously this is aimed at Rossi86 but there was a simulpost.

Im hurt Brian...

Lol

First correction....I have been racing since 2006.

Second...yes I am slow. But ive also never claimed to be fast. Its club racing bro. Its like beer league hockey. I show up to have a good time on and off the track.

Youre also not light years ahead of me, youre riding a 140hp+ bike...my 68hp SV does what I need. And my $2600/year race budget is limiting. I used 1 set of tires....ALL year.

Apples to oranges bud.

I've never claimed to be the fastest guy anywhere, but for the budget and equipment I'm racing on I'm going pretty fast. You wanna talk budget?

Year 1 in AM, I showed up on 15 year old junk that wasn't worth 3 grand, used my tires till the indicators were flush with the rest of the tire. My biggest expense for each weekend was the entry fee, 1-2 used rear slicks, and gas. I don't really need to mention to you what other people were riding on in AM SBK, and what their expenses were.

Year 2 in pro, showed up on rounds 1-4 on a $6000 10 year old bike with no electronics, on used tires.
Round 5, I showed up on the old bike on used tires. Again, the biggest expense each weekend were the entry fees. I raced against guys whose bikes were 2-10+ times more expensive than mine.

I know on what equipment I've been racing on for the last 2 years and how it compares to what the other racers were riding on. On top of this, I have to put up with non stop trash talking from Dave in the paddock for 2 years straight?

I've never claimed to be the fastest guy anywhere, but for the budget and equipment I'm racing on I'm going pretty fast. You wanna talk budget?

Year 1 in AM, I showed up on 15 year old junk that wasn't worth 3 grand, used my tires till the indicators were flush with the rest of the tire. My biggest expense for each weekend was the entry fee, 1-2 used rear slicks, and gas. I don't really need to mention to you what other people were riding on in AM SBK, and what their expenses were.

Year 2 in pro, showed up on rounds 1-4 on a $6000 10 year old bike with no electronics, on used tires.
Round 5, I showed up on the old bike on used tires. Again, the biggest expense each weekend were the entry fees. I raced against guys whose bikes were 2-10+ times more expensive than mine.

I know on what equipment I've been racing on for the last 2 years and how it compares to what the other racers were riding on. On top of this, I have to put up with non stop trash talking from Dave in the paddock for 2 years straight?

You seem really hung up on Dave....I know hes decent looking, but hes a married man! God!

I don't get what youre trying to prove anymore...

You hate Dave and Alan....

You have a POS bike that you road on track even though it was leaking fluid...and you knew about it

You want to show how fast you are on old crap?

You want to prove your better than me?

Its very confusing. Its club racing...go run CSBK and see how fast you arnt. What are you trying to prove?

Back
Top Bottom