C8 Corvette | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

C8 Corvette

Corvette was originally intended to be mid engine anyways. With the Camaro ZR1 so close in performance to the current C7 Z06 going mid engine is just the right move.

Which Corvette was "originally" intended to be mid engine??

The original 1950s Corvette certainly wasn't, nor was the C3 (1963). Mid-engine concepts have popped up from time to time since the 1970s, and I'm sure the discussion has come up more seriously in the engineering department with the last couple of generations ("should we ..."), but it's not until the C7 where taking it any further meant the front-engine layout had to go. The next one will probably be electric, which changes the whole ball game. Now or never for the mid-engine concept.

Which Corvette was "originally" intended to be mid engine??

Corvette XP-882

s0p3tiotdg1trunbjyje.jpg

I read somewhere GM is aiming to take on the McLaren with this new model.

Pricing is supposed to take a massive jump too.

GMs next debacle.....

Corvette was originally intended to be mid engine anyways. With the Camaro ZR1 so close in performance to the current C7 Z06 going mid engine is just the right move.
That's a good point. If you want front engine, you will still be able to buy the camaro.

I read somewhere GM is aiming to take on the McLaren with this new model.

Pricing is supposed to take a massive jump too.

GMs next debacle.....

No McLaren involved. MAD magazine isn't always correct ;-) .
Zora's dream is now only months away.

5K extra for the base model (500hp) is less than a 10% increase over the C7.
A Z06 version is likely a 3rd yr release. (1000hp). Pricing on that might be more than 10% above the current Z06.

No matter what version,. Even with "a thousand hp"

The coming Tesla roadster with purported 1.9 sec 0 to 60 makes so much more sense and is really all you really need.

See you at the dragstrip.

The coming Tesla roadster with purported 1.9 sec 0 to 60 makes so much more sense and is really all you really need.

The Tesla will have the advantage up till the 1/8th mile, when the extra drag from the mismatched body panels kicks in.

Except the C8 is going mid engine for track racing/better handling not really drag strip/straight line.
Tesla will dominate the 1/4 for sure but on any racing courses these mid engine ICE cars are going to destroy them while their batteries overheat lol

See you at a real race.

Maybe that was too harsh. See you at a road race.

Besides, another reason for going to a mid-engine layout is to pave the way for electric. Now that the front compartment is no longer occupied, there’s room for two electric motors for a hybrid AWD. I suspect this will be the new “King Of The Hill” either incorporated into the ZR-1 release, or more likely a completely new and much more expensive trim to compete with the European supercars, which in my opinion is the most fitting use of their newly trademarked “Zora” name.

Besides, another reason for going to a mid-engine layout is to pave the way for electric.

GM has said this will be the last ICE Vette.

It was in an article I read when the mules were first spotted in Detroit last winter. IIRC a link via Jalopnik.

Back
Top Bottom