Buying gear from Europe | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Buying gear from Europe

I finally pulled the trigger on an order from FC-Moto. The item said ships with 5-7 business days and their policy says they won't charge my credit card until they ship, but they charged it right away and the order status has been "In Process" for the last week. I emailed them Friday to follow up, but nothing yet. Does this sound normal? I'm not worried, as I can always decline the charge on my card, but I really want this order to arrive since I need a new jacket that work with my Tech Air 5.

I finally pulled the trigger on an order from FC-Moto. The item said ships with 5-7 business days and their policy says they won't charge my credit card until they ship, but they charged it right away and the order status has been "In Process" for the last week. I emailed them Friday to follow up, but nothing yet. Does this sound normal? I'm not worried, as I can always decline the charge on my card, but I really want this order to arrive since I need a new jacket that work with my Tech Air 5.
Just "Relax" it will arrive. (sorry, I couldn't help myself) :p

Yes it was the same for mine. "In stock and ship 5-7" yet I got an email after 12ish days saying it was going to be delayed as they hadn't received the item yet (WTF) and they did debit the card at time of order. I too emailed about the delay and did not get a response for about 5ish days.

Just a heads up for pretty much all online retailers, not just FC-Moto, if it says 'Deliverable, Ships within 5-7 business days', it almost certainly means they don't have it in stock and are relying on their supplier to ship to them first. Because of this, the 5-7 days estimate can be wildly off. I learned this the hard way ordering Honda parts from US online retailers, where 5-7 days sometimes turned into two months.

Many seem to have tiers of availability, including 'ships immediately', 'ships in 1-2 days', 'ships in 5-7 days', and 'unavailable'. The first and last options are obvious, but I've never been clear what dictates the difference between options two and three. My best guess is it's how confident they are in their supplier's inventory reporting, but it can make it all a bit of a guessing game of time is tight.

Just a heads up for pretty much all online retailers, not just FC-Moto, if it says 'Deliverable, Ships within 5-7 business days', it almost certainly means they don't have it in stock and are relying on their supplier to ship to them first. Because of this, the 5-7 days estimate can be wildly off. I learned this the hard way ordering Honda parts from US online retailers, where 5-7 days sometimes turned into two months.

Many seem to have tiers of availability, including 'ships immediately', 'ships in 1-2 days', 'ships in 5-7 days', and 'unavailable'. The first and last options are obvious, but I've never been clear what dictates the difference between options two and three. My best guess is it's how confident they are in their supplier's inventory reporting, but it can make it all a bit of a guessing game of time is tight.

Oh, I'm well aware of all that. And that's only how long it takes them to start the shipping paperwork, then there's the pickup, transport, and customs clearance on top of those guesstimates.

Here is my latest purchase timeline: I've just ordered from FC-Moto Revit Jacket with 5-7day shipping status on April 9th, shipped on 14th, plane departed Germany 18th as per DHL status... It would sit at customs for a few days so another week - all as per usual based on all my previous purchases from them.

Yes it was the same for mine. "In stock and ship 5-7" yet I got an email after 12ish days saying it was going to be delayed as they hadn't received the item yet (WTF) and they did debit the card at time of order. I too emailed about the delay and did not get a response for about 5ish days.

Thanks. The "In Process" status just threw me off - I expected it to say "paid" or "shipped" since they charged the card. Sounds like this is normal for them then. I guess I've been spoiled by other European retailers with MUCH better communication.

Thanks. The "In Process" status just threw me off - I expected it to say "paid" or "shipped" since they charged the card. Sounds like this is normal for them then. I guess I've been spoiled by other European retailers with MUCH better communication.
Same. At least there was no other fees when my helmet arrived at my doorstep from them.

Actually it's a very good point - I bought from other German stores (Velo Bike24, MRA windscreens, etc.) and I found that it looks like Germans have least communication/updates, BUT always on time and accurate, haven't had a bad experience yet :)
P.S. I might be completely wrong here with my generalization..

I missed the postman this morning by an hour, and they left a notice, so I had to wait until tonight to pick up from my local post office.

In terms of timeline, I ordered from FCMoto on Apr 10 and it wasn't until Apr 21 that they started the shipping process. Then it was another 5 days to get it on a plane to Canada, but only 2 days later to get into my hands. DHL passing it on to Canada Post, and no brokerage fees, taxes, or duty. Best part - it actually fits well!

I missed the postman this morning by an hour, and they left a notice, so I had to wait until tonight to pick up from my local post office.

In terms of timeline, I ordered from FCMoto on Apr 10 and it wasn't until Apr 21 that they started the shipping process. Then it was another 5 days to get it on a plane to Canada, but only 2 days later to get into my hands. DHL passing it on to Canada Post, and no brokerage fees, taxes, or duty. Best part - it actually fits well!

If it's any consolation, I ordered something from GP Bikes on the 23rd and it still shows as processing.
I seem to recall that they shipped it well before it showed as being shipped last time.

I buy from GPBikes and Riders Choice when it makes sense but have also bought tons of gear/parts from UK/Europe. Much better than buying form the states these days unless you want to make the drive down to NY Mailbox.

Anybody order from FC Moto recently? As recently as a week ago, I saw they had a 20% off father's day code going. I figured I should have until mid June to make my purchase.. went back, didn't see the ad banner for that code anymore. Tried putting in the code at checkout, but it showed as invalid. Any chance they bring it back again? Alternatively, what's the next event/holiday that they would have a new code for? Thoughts?

When I bought from them on Easter weekend, it was only a few additional % off from what the items were already on sale for "regularly". When I tired to order from them earlier at Christmas/NewYear, the items I wanted were on deep discount with a special code, but suddenly they were no longer able to ship to Canada or US. As soon as the code expired, all items could magically be shipped again. I thought that was pretty sleazy of them.

Any one have any luck or experience with CarpiMoto
CarpiMoto

Last edited:
Dealt with them a few times. Very good experience. Delivery usually in 5 days. But note, they ship FedEx, so be prepared to pay HST, brokerage fee and duties (if there is any)
Thank you

That will negate the savings.

Back
Top Bottom