Buyer Beware - Bayside Performance | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Buyer Beware - Bayside Performance

And now what really happened.... This customer called here and wanted to "check out the parts" In other words I pay to ship these to him and if he's not happy with the quality I pay to ship it back and give him a full refund. He was told we can't do that. However if the part arrives damaged we can exchange it. So he orders the part thinking he will just "make up a damage claim" when there is none, so he can check it out and send it back at no charge. Once parts are installed they can't be returned just like every other online store. He installs the part "checks it out" then tries to return it. Bestem parts are 60-70% cheaper then Ilmberger. You can't expect the same quality as the most expensive part as the cheapest part. That's like complaining your Corvette isn't up to the quality of a Bugatti and you want your money back! Quality is price based in most cases. After leaving us 1 star reviews and slagging us all over the internet this customer has come back to buy more bestem carbon without removing this slag from the internet. Go figure....

Not surprised, at all. Always respect hearing stories about customers like this

@ bayside performance
So if the item or packaging is damaged do I get a full refund and cost for the shipping back?

Got myself a Healtech Thunderbox from Bayside recently. Outside of it being almost 3 weeks, the process was pleasant.

Btw, if you've got stuff like heated grips, USB connectors, etc. running off the battery and need to remember to always turn them off (or were planning on finding a switched power source), check the Thunderbox out. Basically, it connects to the battery and your accessories connect to it and it monitors battery voltage to determine when to supply power and then when to turn it off, all on its own.

I'll install it in the spring but it's something I never knew existed until recently.

@ bayside performance
So if the item or packaging is damaged do I get a full refund and cost for the shipping back?
Why would you get a refund if the packaging was damaged?

Why would you get a refund if the packaging was damaged?
Exactly. Packages get damaged during the shipment all the time. I'd be good so long as the product inside is in good condition. If not, who's to blame at that stage?

Exactly. Packages get damaged during the shipment all the time. I'd be good so long as the product inside is in good condition. If not, who's to blame at that stage?
Officially, probably the shipment should be rejected so the courier is on the hook but that rarely happens. I'm with the rest, packaging is there to protect the part. If the packaging gets hurt but the part is ok, it did its job and I have no issues.

Am I the only one wondering why there is a 16 month gap in this thread?

It was slightly busy this year! lol. I've been working 16 hours day 7 days a week for 8 months straight. Answering thousands of phones calls responding to thousands of emails, servicing over 400+ bikes. At one point in June I was over 4000 emails behind! For some reason everybody decided to ride their bikes this year and with border closed ordered all their parts in Canada. I've been doing this for 20 years and I've never seen anything like that. I got 2 street rides to Squamish and back this year. About 3 hours of riding! Getting set to do in all again in 3 months! We do not stop for lockdowns.

Honestly never read the original thread past "Ilmberger" because I had no idea what the hell OP was talking about

Got myself a Healtech Thunderbox from Bayside recently. Outside of it being almost 3 weeks, the process was pleasant.

Btw, if you've got stuff like heated grips, USB connectors, etc. running off the battery and need to remember to always turn them off (or were planning on finding a switched power source), check the Thunderbox out. Basically, it connects to the battery and your accessories connect to it and it monitors battery voltage to determine when to supply power and then when to turn it off, all on its own.

I'll install it in the spring but it's something I never knew existed until recently.
If the USA lockdowns get any worse then they did this year get ready to wait longer!
My advice for any body that wants to ride next year buy your parts now!

Reactions: TK4
If the USA lockdowns get any worse then they did this year get ready to wait longer!
My advice for any body that wants to ride next year buy your parts now!
you sell tires?

I want a set of Avon Trailriders but can't find stock anywhere
supply chain from UK disrupted? or they come through the US?

It was slightly busy this year! lol. I've been working 16 hours day 7 days a week for 8 months straight. Answering thousands of phones calls responding to thousands of emails, servicing over 400+ bikes. At one point in June I was over 4000 emails behind! For some reason everybody decided to ride their bikes this year and with border closed ordered all their parts in Canada. I've been doing this for 20 years and I've never seen anything like that. I got 2 street rides to Squamish and back this year. About 3 hours of riding! Getting set to do in all again in 3 months! We do not stop for lockdowns.

dat cerb money recirculating the economy bruh

Officially, probably the shipment should be rejected so the courier is on the hook but that rarely happens.
Yeah, so few people know about this. Yes, if the package is squashed, punctured, soaked through or otherwise not delivered in a reasonable state, REJECT the shipment. Do not let the courier negotiate, haggle, explain anything to you. The moment you accept the package, you are literally acknowledging that the courier company has completed their service to your full satisfaction. You nor the seller (really just the seller) will ever be able to convince the courier company, even with video evidence cause you signed to the opposite.

The people throwing the tv's is why signature required is the default option nowadays, pre-covid.

Its even worse now that a lot of companies don't ask for signature due to covid. You also get some delivery people not wanting to deal with it and telling the recipients to talk to the seller about the damage.
Also, so many business are underinsuring the value of the package so there's that to deal with too. $500 part goes 'missing' and its only insured for $80. Guaranteed the seller is gonna push back.
Not saying at all that it is relevant to the experience in this thread. Just ecommerce/drop ship in general.

Yeah, so few people know about this. Yes, if the package is squashed, punctured, soaked through or otherwise not delivered in a reasonable state, REJECT the shipment. Do not let the courier negotiate, haggle, explain anything to you. The moment you accept the package, you are literally acknowledging that the courier company has completed their service to your full satisfaction. You nor the seller (really just the seller) will ever be able to convince the courier company, even with video evidence cause you signed to the opposite.
This is sort of true. You can have the courier record any external implying/expecting possible internal damage before accepting a package and pursue it with the shipper after the fact. I do it all the time at work. Some push back, but "YOU'RE MARKING THIS DOWN AS DAMAGED" then cross your arms and stand there silent, and it suddenly gets done. Most don't care and are fine with doing it.

This is sort of true. You can have the courier record any external implying/expecting possible internal damage before accepting a package and pursue it with the shipper after the fact. I do it all the time at work. Some push back, but "YOU'RE MARKING THIS DOWN AS DAMAGED" then cross your arms and stand there silent, and it suddenly gets done. Most don't care and are fine with doing it.

There's no guarantee you'll get anything if you do this. It's not enough to mark "damage" for the places I've worked for. You have to specifically say what is wrong, for example: "product received bent and scratched" and take photos. Never put 'box crushed' or 'box damaged', customer service will blow you off and you'll get nothing. If you get a shipment in a box that is crushed or ripped, make sure you open it and inspect the merchandise. If it's okay, go ahead and sign for it. If it's damaged I recommend you REFUSE it outright.

In the OP's case, he is unhappy with the product because of a slight or moderate manufacturing defect. In that case, some vendors will take the item back, some won't unless the damage is substantial. In this case the OP didn't post pics here so we don't have much to go on. I'm skeptical of such posts.

I'll add my own experience with Bayside being positive, both in person and online. Kevin installed some tires for me in Vancouver way back when he was starting out, and I've picked up odds and ends from them along the way. I recently ordered a mount kit for a Scotts stabilizer among other parts, and he was super transparent (and refreshingly realistic!) about a long lead time due to a delay at Scotts and offered to ship the other bits in the order separately. Sounds like no racing for him this year, but you gotta make hay while the sun shines...

Edit: For the "The Customer is Always Right!" brigade, I'll add that Bayside isn't some huge outfit running big volumes like Revzilla. Margins are slim for online sales, as it's hypercompetitive and entirely price based. Refunding every request without question would be business suicide for parts that are super low volume...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom