Buy a demo days bike... yes/no? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Buy a demo days bike... yes/no?

tsdexter

I'm looking at buying a 2013 kawasaki zx-6r ABS... New would be $11,999.. I've found a dealer with a kawasaki demo days unit with 1,932km for $8,799 ... Is $3200 off worth it for a demo days bike? (also comes with frame sliders which don't look like they've ever been taken advantage of ie: doesn't look dropped)

I've never been on a demo days ride, but I know they're group rides so I doubt the people would be abusing the bike...I could be wrong though? And I assume kawasaki would do the proper maintenance in those 2k kilometers.

What do you think?

I doubt they did any maintenance, Kawai used the bikes for demo days then auctioned off to dealerships.

I have bought lots of demo bike never any issues and full warranty go for it. The 1st service will also be done already saving even more.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Buy it. It's no worse than buying a bike that has gone through a few owners.

I would be paranoid about the clutch, but it will probably just have slightly less life than it would otherwise (which is likely still longer than the rest of the bike). I would take it.

My Duc Hyper was a demo bike.It saw a fair bit of tracktime as well.Tires were really nice looking scrubs when i got it.(haha) I did 2 valve checks on it,and it only needed one shim at 24k and a pair of belts.Demo bikes are a good deal.

I have bought a demo bike. No issues. I think its a good deal for 3200 off. Mine was only like 1000 off

Most demo rides are very controlled by the team putting on the ride. Most of the rides the testers are low revving just to try all six gears. I would not be concerned about a demo bike. Good savings to be had. Was talking to a sales man at the show yesterday. Brand new fjr was $17900, but 2013 demo with 2000 km was $15000. $2900 + the taxes saved would be a no brainer for me. Wish I had the funds to pull that trigger!

I just put a deposit down for a 2013 non abs version brand new out of province (Quebec) and will be picking it up in two weeks (driving a van) and will be picking it up in mid march what colour are you looking for? the dealership where I'm buying it has few left I'm heading to the motorcycle show in Montreal next week. I can give you a helping hand… PM me. Thanks

what colour demos are out there? i got a buddy looking for black or white and all i can find him is green. he wants the 636.

Sounds like a great deal! Most demo rides are around $1000-$1500 roughly. So I'd say sign on the dotted line!

Post some pics when you get it all done. Great find on that deal by the way.

Here's some pics and a video walkaround... It was a bit dark and cramped in there so not the greatest.. The only issue I noticed is the tiny little V shaped fairing on the left side has the clip broken so it's a little loose, I'll ask them to replace that before I buy, if they don't, it's only $51.

The second rear wheel shown in the video is the non-ABS version which I'm guessing came from a track demo days (this one did not) you can see the difference between the tires, as well, that one doesn't have the kawasaki extended warranty offered whereas this one does, so I'm almost certain it wasn't used at the track..

Anyone see anything bad in the pics/vid? I put a (refundable) deposit so it doesn't sell while I'm waiting on financing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xozVc-A8XW8&feature=youtu.be

IMG_3516.JPG

IMG_3518.JPG

IMG_3519.JPG

IMG_3520.JPG

IMG_3521.JPG

IMG_3522.JPG

IMG_3523.JPG

IMG_3524.JPG

IMG_3525.JPG

IMG_3526.JPG

IMG_3527.JPG

IMG_3528.JPG

IMG_3529.JPG

IMG_3530.JPG

IMG_3531.JPG

IMG_3532.JPG

IMG_3533.JPG

IMG_3534.JPG

Good deal, ask for $8k, with max offer $8.5k. Don't buy straight from MSRP.

Also tell you something, which to me is totally not a concern since nowadays new bikes are very reliable and it shouldn't be a concern to you. Demo days bikes are driven HARD, not low revving. I've been involved in quite a few demo rides with BMW and Honda last year. Our rides especially sport bikes are always high revving, the point is to test the bikes. Usually there's the fast group at the front, and slower at the back, there's a man in the middle separating the group. We ride at a faster pace than normal, especially on the back roads. Don't ask how fast we go, people been to demos on a sport bike knows very clear. I am in no way discouraging you, I'm only giving information that I have experienced for myself. ZX6r is a great bike, and that price is incredible value.

Good deal, ask for $8k, with max offer $8.5k. Don't buy straight from MSRP.

Also tell you something, which to me is totally not a concern since nowadays new bikes are very reliable and it shouldn't be a concern to you. Demo days bikes are driven HARD, not low revving. I've been involved in quite a few demo rides with BMW and Honda last year. Our rides especially sport bikes are always high revving, the point is to test the bikes. Usually there's the fast group at the front, and slower at the back, there's a man in the middle separating the group. We ride at a faster pace than normal, especially on the back roads. Don't ask how fast we go, people been to demos on a sport bike knows very clear. I am in no way discouraging you, I'm only giving information that I have experienced for myself. ZX6r is a great bike, and that price is incredible value.

Thanks for the info man.

I bought a VStar 1100 as a demo bike. It was a couple of thousand less than new and came with a full warranty. I put nearly 50,000 trouble-free kms on it before trading it in.

Demo days bikes are driven HARD, not low revving. I've been involved in quite a few demo rides with BMW and Honda last year. Our rides especially sport bikes are always high revving, the point is to test the bikes. Usually there's the fast group at the front, and slower at the back, there's a man in the middle separating the group. We ride at a faster pace than normal, especially on the back roads.
I don't see anything wrong with a low milege motor being ridden hard.What could go wrong?

I'm looking at buying a 2013 kawasaki zx-6r ABS... New would be $11,999.. I've found a dealer with a kawasaki demo days unit with 1,932km for $8,799 ... Is $3200 off worth it for a demo days bike? (also comes with frame sliders which don't look like they've ever been taken advantage of ie: doesn't look dropped)

I've never been on a demo days ride, but I know they're group rides so I doubt the people would be abusing the bike...I could be wrong though? And I assume kawasaki would do the proper maintenance in those 2k kilometers.

What do you think?

I think ive seen beand new ones for less than $9999

Back
Top Bottom