Brother just backed into my bike :( K1 GSXR Signal Light Suggestions? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Brother just backed into my bike :( K1 GSXR Signal Light Suggestions?

VifferFun

Site Supporter
My brother just backed into my perfect-condition 2001 GSX-R1000 in the driveway. It rolled a bit out of the driveway and then fell onto the right side. I thought he was joking when he told me, but sure enough, my precious bike was laying on its side :(

I think I actually got pretty lucky . . . since I had a cover on the bike there aren't any scratches, but a small piece of plastic broke off the right fairing near where my knee would be (about the size of a quarter). It's not really obvious and I guess I can live with it, but it sucks since the bike was perfect prior to the fall.

Anyway, the only other damage on the bike is a cracked right signal light. It needs to be replaced, and I don't know if I should stick with stock or go with a flushmount. It is imperative that my signals be visible, and I'm a little bit leery of the flushmounts. I like the lights that are integrated into the mirrors of the new GSXRs, and would consider a combination of flushmounts and mirror lights. Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket suppliers of mirror lights for a K1 GSXR?

Also, if anyone happens to have a blue/white right fairing for sale that would fit a 00-03 GSX-R1000, please let me know.

That really sucks. I'd just go with the stockers and then ebay some mirrors with built in signals. Check T.O. Cycle. I'm sure they have a stocker or ten lying around. As for the faring.. I'd live with the small broken piece. To me, it wouldn't be worth the price of replacement.

Get his insurance to pay for it, buy new parts, simple. :D

Get his insurance to pay for it, buy new parts, simple. :D

Even if his insurance doesn't cover it...shouldn't he pay to fix it?

Lucky you have inexpensive insurance. You wouldn't want to defraud them.

He's my brother and it was an accident -- I refused any sort of payment, even though he offered. He does me plenty of favours that I wouldn't nickel and dime him over something small like this.

Unfortunately, I don't get "cheap insurance" any more than the next guy. I'm insured with State Farm but don't work for them, so there is no employee discount of any sort.

I'm thinking of either:

a.) Stock signals, or
b.) Flushmount signals combined with mirrors with integrated signals

I like option (b), but I don't see any mirrors with integrated tail lights available for the K1.

I will live with the damaged fairing unless I see a used one in perfect condition come up for sale at a reasonable price.

Back
Top Bottom