Booze Trips | GTAMotorcycle.com

Booze Trips

I've been checking on this site http://saveonbooze.ca/

apparently you get a free bus trip to western NY to pick up cases of booze. Even after paying the duty you come out 15-30% cheaper than the ripoff LCBO. Anyone done it before?

Sounds like fun

I don't drink enough for it to pay off.. Hell, 4l of shine lasts me a year or more. Not a bad idea for a group buy though.. Get like 10 people together, 1 person goes and picks up 4 cases.. Ca-ching!

I don't drink enough for it to pay off.. Hell, 4l of shine lasts me a year or more. Not a bad idea for a group buy though.. Get like 10 people together, 1 person goes and picks up 4 cases.. Ca-ching!

You have a limit on what you can bring back within a 24 hour period. I can't remember what it is, but I know they cut you off at some point.

You have a limit on what you can bring back within a 24 hour period. I can't remember what it is, but I know they cut you off at some point.

That's the duty-free limit.. You can bring in as much as you want as long as you're willing to pay the tax. In this case, tax is a part of the trip and you still save a bundle.

If someone does this I would buy a few bottles off of whoever goes for the run.

I'll let you know if I head down. Although technically it's illegal to sell alcohol ;)

Not sure if a group buy falls under that category. By the way, I'm an uninterested party.. Generally not a big fan of store-bought hard stuff. I prefer traditional shine :cool:

Back
Top Bottom