BMW owners movement! | Page 31 | GTAMotorcycle.com

BMW owners movement!

Another one! Or maybe you're someone the Toronto K-bike group already knows? You on the mailing list?

Last edited:
^ Beautiful bike.

I just put in an order on a GSA to be ready for April pickup. This is all I have to show for at the moment :D :

i-QDBBcx4-M.png

Crazy excited!

R1200GS Adventure Adventure? Is that like a Super version of the Adventure? I've only got the 2014 Adventure so I'm jealous;).....make sure you get the GPS unit, there's a cool knob/wheel on the handle bar that operates it and some amazing apps you can subscribe too which are very useful. You are going to love the bike!

What group? What list?

I've managed to dig up 7 Klassic K* riders in this area so far. All within a few kilometers of my shop (Laird & Eglinton). At least 4 of us are active on this forum.

*Klassic K's are K75, K100, K1100

R1200GS Adventure Adventure? Is that like a Super version of the Adventure? I've only got the 2014 Adventure so I'm jealous;).....make sure you get the GPS unit, there's a cool knob/wheel on the handle bar that operates it and some amazing apps you can subscribe too which are very useful. You are going to love the bike!

Yeah in 2015 they came out with the double adventure with twice the fun. :D

Yep, I've go the GPS included, the attachment sheet is actually my order with all the options and accessories I went for. Only thing I left out was Shift Assist.

Looking forward to it.

Do you have a tank bag with yours and if so which one did you go with? I'm thinking the GS adventure tank bag but see the smaller GS tank bag also fits well on it.

Make that 8, if by a few kilometers you mean less than 100. :^)

Mongrel is ~4 km south, robmac is ~6 km north. East & west about the same. Must be a hotbed of K's around here. Welcome to the group.

Yeah in 2015 they came out with the double adventure with twice the fun. :D

Yep, I've go the GPS included, the attachment sheet is actually my order with all the options and accessories I went for. Only thing I left out was Shift Assist.

Looking forward to it.

Do you have a tank bag with yours and if so which one did you go with? I'm thinking the GS adventure tank bag but see the smaller GS tank bag also fits well on it.

Congrats on the new bike and sorry for the frustrating months ahead of you while you wait to get that beast on the road. I have a 2010 GSA, and the only thing I would ever trade it in for would be the new LC GSA's. Love the style, love the added features like cruise control (I never thought I would want it, but lately it has been something I wish I had). I found with all the luggage (BMW adventure bags) that I no longer needed a tank bag. I have a quick release on my old '06 GS but never bother getting one for my '10 GSA. In town I usually have the side bags off, unless grocery shopping. I always leave the top case on and that is generally good for anything when zipping around town.

As quoted many times, "The only cheap thing on a BMW is its rider"

Actually, this made me wonder what I've spent on my bike in the past decade. Off the top of my head, less than $1000 on things outside of tires, gas, and oil. If it's over, it's close.

The trick is buying the ones that actually have proper old-school German engineering. :cool:

Congrats on the new bike and sorry for the frustrating months ahead of you while you wait to get that beast on the road. I have a 2010 GSA, and the only thing I would ever trade it in for would be the new LC GSA's. Love the style, love the added features like cruise control (I never thought I would want it, but lately it has been something I wish I had). I found with all the luggage (BMW adventure bags) that I no longer needed a tank bag. I have a quick release on my old '06 GS but never bother getting one for my '10 GSA. In town I usually have the side bags off, unless grocery shopping. I always leave the top case on and that is generally good for anything when zipping around town.

Thanks! Appreciate the advice. Riding the GSA on a demo ride last summer was the first time I ever experienced cruise control on a bike, and it was... amazing. Loved being able to rest your throttle hand. The main necessity for the tank bag is for my DSLR camera, as I'm always riding with it on trips and need quick access to it during road side stops. The tank bag on my sport bike is magnetic and easy to put on and off, but looking at the GS/GSA tank bags they're strapped on which I'd imagine can get pretty awkward at times. Maybe I'll go for a strapless bag like SW Motech's.

I ended up going with Keyless Ride as well since it was newly released on the 2015 models and was one of the options that didn't seem overly expensive at $315. For day-to-day in town riding, I can see it being a convenient feature and for once I won't have to fumble around for my keys once I've put my gloves on. :D

I plan on keeping this bike long term, so hopefully the technology holds up alright after the 3 year warranty expires!

Thanks! Appreciate the advice. Riding the GSA on a demo ride last summer was the first time I ever experienced cruise control on a bike, and it was... amazing. Loved being able to rest your throttle hand. The main necessity for the tank bag is for my DSLR camera, as I'm always riding with it on trips and need quick access to it during road side stops. The tank bag on my sport bike is magnetic and easy to put on and off, but looking at the GS/GSA tank bags they're strapped on which I'd imagine can get pretty awkward at times. Maybe I'll go for a strapless bag like SW Motech's.

I ended up going with Keyless Ride as well since it was newly released on the 2015 models and was one of the options that didn't seem overly expensive at $315. For day-to-day in town riding, I can see it being a convenient feature and for once I won't have to fumble around for my keys once I've put my gloves on. :D

I plan on keeping this bike long term, so hopefully the technology holds up alright after the 3 year warranty expires!

The keyless feature is nice for sure. I will probably upgrade to a new LC GSA in a few years. Was looking at them in Germany a few weeks ago, first time I had seen one in person and they are drool worthy for sure. The quick release bags are nice, and there are a few options in size. They are hassle free, go on and off in without thought. The BMW tank bags just look confusing to me with the straps and all that.

The aluminum panniers are nice, I especially like being able to strap to the lids of them, that is where I keep my tent, sleeping bags and sleeping mat. Saves a lot of room and if I wanted I would still have room for a passenger.

The keyless feature is nice for sure. I will probably upgrade to a new LC GSA in a few years. Was looking at them in Germany a few weeks ago, first time I had seen one in person and they are drool worthy for sure. The quick release bags are nice, and there are a few options in size. They are hassle free, go on and off in without thought. The BMW tank bags just look confusing to me with the straps and all that.

The aluminum panniers are nice, I especially like being able to strap to the lids of them, that is where I keep my tent, sleeping bags and sleeping mat. Saves a lot of room and if I wanted I would still have room for a passenger.

Beautiful bike and setup. Riding the alps in 2012 and 2013 on a standard GS and then an Explorer XC, I would still drool over the GS Adventure's I'd come across (from your generation). Then when the redesign came out, I just had to have one. Just wish we had the same quality riding roads here. :D

Looking forward to strapping more bags and a tent to the top of the cases as well, a must have with my wife on the back. Going to start looking for inside liners for the cases as I heard the finish starts to come off as the contents rub against the aluminum... causing a bit of a mess. The BMW dry bag liners are just too expensive.

Beautiful bike and setup. Riding the alps in 2012 and 2013 on a standard GS and then an Explorer XC, I would still drool over the GS Adventure's I'd come across (from your generation). Then when the redesign came out, I just had to have one. Just wish we had the same quality riding roads here. :D

Looking forward to strapping more bags and a tent to the top of the cases as well, a must have with my wife on the back. Going to start looking for inside liners for the cases as I heard the finish starts to come off as the contents rub against the aluminum... causing a bit of a mess. The BMW dry bag liners are just too expensive.

I have liners made for the aluminum panniers by Cee Baileys, $139 USD for all 3 bags. Quality is great, I had them for my old '06 GS and still use them for other things, great bags for a great price.
http://www.ceebaileys.com/bags/bmw_bags_01.html

Back
Top Bottom