BMW owners movement! | Page 29 | GTAMotorcycle.com

BMW owners movement!

Hey Mike,

I've been through multiple sets of M3's and I liked them. I only switched to PR3's because my buddy seemed to get better mileage out of them. Last year at the end of a trip my M3's were toast while his PR3's had just started to square off.

I'm about halfway through my PR3's from what I can tell and I have equal confidence on them as the Metzelers and I have not noticed any handling differences. However it seems from your post that you might ride more aggressively than I do and are looking for more performance out of a tire.

Likely this is not very helpful.

Any input is appreciated.

I've slowed down in my advancing age but I do like to tear it up now and again and of course want to ensure I have the appropriate grip available in the tire when doing so which is why I'm ok with 6-7k of mileage from a tire if it gives me the grip when needed.

Ride safe!

Woohoo! Skapan came over to the house and scanned my S1000RR with a GS-911. It's clear! Good to go.

Thanks Chris. See you on the road.

BMW F800 S/ST RECALL

Just got a letter from BMW Motorrad, 2007-2009 F800S and ST models are being recalled for faulty rear wheel bearing.

"rear bearing will be inspected, and, if necessary replaced by an improved version including the rear axle."

BMW F800 S/ST RECALL

Just got a letter from BMW Motorrad, 2007-2009 F800S and ST models are being recalled for faulty rear wheel bearing.

"rear bearing will be inspected, and, if necessary replaced by an improved version including the rear axle."

So they finally decided to cough up?

Wonder if they will compensate owners who had to do this on their own dime?

I owed BMW bikes for awhile!f650gs.jpg This is my first one! IMG_0157.jpg This is my second one! 2013K1300S.jpg And I bought this one last year!

"Not enough." I'd like to one day have a GS for adventure/touring and the next evolution of HP sport (hopefully it will have symmetrical headlights)

Just got my bike back from Budd's. It was in for service and the rear axle recall. Very pleased with John and the shop...not cheap but very professional. He was more than fair...pointed out a few better quality hoses and gaskets that are now available and called me to ask if I would like to have them installed while the service was being performed. No labour since it was already apart, just pay for the new parts. Can't ask for better than that.
I recommended Budds to another ST owner who was having charging issues and that is an expensive repair if you use the BMW parts. Asked John about it and he had no problem with the guy bringing in aftermarket parts and Budds would install...never thought a dealer would do that. BMW only sells the stator with the flywheel and I think it is around $1300 for the part. Aftermarket stator...$200 US
Another good sign was he was finishing up with a customer when I dropped the bike off...the guy had an old Kawi 900 from the 80's that had just been serviced. Good bike shop...not just another dealer service centre!

Last edited:
Yup, can't say enough great things about John and his team over at Budd's. One time I had couple noticeable scuffs on my left side fairing and he had it repaired by a buddy of his for a mere $100. Looked better than new when I got the bike back. Not to mention trailering my bike for free in the off-season for service work.

Just had my 800ST 60,000K service by Wolf BMW London. Had Wolf exchange my front wheel rim (Seriously dinged) with a rim that I bought on E-Bay (saved $800). Also Wolf recommended last year that I replace my steering damper (next year, 2013) but on inspection this year told me that it was OK and I Did not have to change it. Ian and his team are honest and fair.

So I just took the new S1000R out for a test ride... all I can say is WOW I really want one!!! Looks like I'll be upgrading at the end of the season :p

I82L8 sorry, don't know him. I have a GS911 and if you feel like stopping by my house I can scan for codes or reset service minder and all that, would like a $20 donation to track tires for my time, that's it. Near Vaughan Mills mall.

I82L8 sorry, don't know him. I have a GS911 and if you feel like stopping by my house I can scan for codes or reset service minder and all that, would like a $20 donation to track tires for my time, that's it. Near Vaughan Mills mall.

Thanks skapan, my bike is a US bike and I wouldn't mind switching it to kilometers.
Can you do that?

You can only switch the digital part of the system. So an S1000 can be completely converted, but a K13 cannot because the speedo is analog, so the DTE and average consumption can be changed, but I think that would be a bit weird.

Looks like you have an F650 or F800, unfortunately most of them can only be changed by purchasing a new cluster. PM me your exact model and I'll let you know what(if) can be changed.

There is a HP digital dash available for the K1300s/r

Back
Top Bottom