Blocked Phone Numbers Going To Voicemail | GTAMotorcycle.com

Blocked Phone Numbers Going To Voicemail

justride

Needs some tech help. How do stop blocked phones automated messages going straight to voicemail?
My daughters high school and the Peel School Board calls every day with automated messages for just about everything that is not important to me, school council meetings, website updates, reminders to check emails, workshops etc.
So I blocked the numbers with the automated messages but now it's going straight to voicemail. I am on cheap phone plan and cost $.40 to check voicemail.

I think there is a way to block the number at the provider (* something or logged into your account on a computer). Right now your phone is blocking the number which kicks it to voicemail. You can normally check voicemail from another phone (not sure if you are being charged for minutes or a service fee to access voicemail).

Depends on what kind of phone you have and/or what provider you use.

The best way to stop voicemail from blocked numbers is at the carrier level. Most carriers provide blocked callers support but only a few can stop blocked numbers from leaving voicemail.

The second-best way is to install an app on your phone. Lots of apps on both iPhone and Android platforms. The app screens your phone calls and if it's on your blocked number list, it will just drop the call, bypassing voicemail. The problem with this is that you will have to give the app access to your contact list and other parts of the smartphone, which presents a security/privacy issue if the app is malware or sells or uses your info in a malicious manner.

We originally signed up my son for the local public school, and then decided on the Catholic school instead. We de-listed him at public, and thought all was good...and then the calls started...
- your son, X, is not in attendance today...every effing day
- your son, X, needs to take care of XYZ (he's 4)
- your son, X, blah blah blah

Got fed up after a week and called them to tell them that he's not registered in that school, has never set foot in the school, and we have called multiple times to ensure he's not registered in 2 schools

Things were good for a week...and then it started again.

Another call, a few words, and then a call to the Catholic school to have them send a letter to the public to cancel my son's registration.

Long story short, call the school and give them **** and tell them to stop calling.

Needs some tech help. How do stop blocked phones automated messages going straight to voicemail?
My daughters high school and the Peel School Board calls every day with automated messages for just about everything that is not important to me, school council meetings, website updates, reminders to check emails, workshops etc.
So I blocked the numbers with the automated messages but now it's going straight to voicemail. I am on cheap phone plan and cost $.40 to check voicemail.
Are you sure you are blocking them and not just silencing calls. Silenced calls or numbers not in your contact list will go to voicemail. Blocked calls nothing should happen.

What does a blocker caller hear when they dial the number?

I met a guy today that went out with a chick and had some fun thinking that was it. She sees it differently and is continually calling him. He's getting scared. He wasn't amused when I mentioned Fatal Attraction.

I use YouMail on my Android phone. It takes over my regular voicemail and it sends me a transcription of the voicemail to my email, and on the app. It also screens a lot of the scams and robocalls.

Back
Top Bottom