Bikes you wish you still had | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bikes you wish you still had

2005 Kawi green 636, best 600 with the cheater ccs.
2007 Speed triple, amazing bike for the price. great power, sound, comfort and handling
only issue is that the new tuono does everything better (only issue is price)

49EBF5B8-E570-4E6C-976F-D2E7899B8003.jpeg664533FD-349A-4CF1-B9EA-AA0719BF249A.jpegYZ50 which was my introduction to bikes when I was 5. Mom bought it for me even though dad didn’t agree with it. When I outgrew it I traded it in on a IT125 which was a turd and soon replaced by a spanking new 91 CR80 that dad bought me for working on the farm. Still looking for one in decent shape for our future little riders.
1991 CR500 ex Machine Racing sponsor bike with every possible mod done to it not the least of which were full Factory Connection suspension, Bondi port/polish motor, bigger carb, various titanium and magnesium parts. Traded in my CR80 for it at MRC Aurora when I was 17 and the dealer had a sidebar convo with my mom suggesting maybe the CR500 might not be a good idea for a 17yr old (mom said thanks but he’ll be fine). It was excess in every way and I put it to use and adored it. Sold it to pay for college.
Would love to have those YZ50 and CR500 back and I still look around for them on the various sales pages trying to find one's in good shape not priced too silly.

Last edited:
I wish I had parents like that.
I rode my neighbours and friends bikes until I bought my first a 1972 honda 125 used for $90. It had a flat front tire for the entire time I had it. I tried to put a tube in it, but I was 9. Had to keep it at the neighbours as my parents said I could never have a motorcycle. They never saw me race. First time they came to a track day was 4 years ago on my birthday. They wanted to celebrate, I wanted to go riding.

View attachment 51988View attachment 51989YZ50 which was my introduction to bikes when I was 5. Mom bought it for me even though dad didn’t agree with it. When I outgrew it I traded it in on a IT125 which was a turd and soon replaced by a spanking new 91 CR80 that dad bought me for working on the farm. Still looking for one in decent shape for our future little riders.
1991 CR500 ex Machine Racing sponsor bike with every possible mod done to it not the least of which were full Factory Connection suspension, Bondi port/polish motor, bigger carb, various titanium and magnesium parts. Traded in my CR80 for it at MRC Aurora when I was 17 and the dealer had a sidebar convo with my mom suggesting maybe the CR500 might not be a good idea for a 17yr old (mom said thanks but he’ll be fine). It was excess in every way and I put it to use and adored it. Sold it to pay for college.
Those are awesome pics!

... and the dealer had a sidebar convo with my mom suggesting maybe the CR500 might not be a good idea for a 17yr old (mom said thanks but he’ll be fine). It was excess in every way and I put it to use and adored it. Sold it to pay for college.
Do you have kids?
In hindsight, was a CR500 REALLY a good idea for a 17 yr old? (WAIT... think like a parent, not a 17 yr old).

Those are awesome pics!
That top pick you'll notice snow on the ground and no gloves. Neighbourhood dads (all 3 as we were rural) used to get together and make maple syrup in early Spring on our property. I used to make trips from the house up to them in the woods carrying two beers for them in left hand and working clutch/throttle with right. Either Labatt 50 or Blue btw.

Do you have kids?
In hindsight, was a CR500 REALLY a good idea for a 17 yr old? (WAIT... think like a parent, not a 17 yr old).
Daughter is 1.5yrs and son due next month. Wife asked if we could dig a pond in our back yard which I think is a great idea. I suggested I can build a jump for when our kids want to jump their dirtbikes over it. Wife not impressed.

Daughter is 1.5yrs and son due next month. Wife asked if we could dig a pond in our back yard which I think is a great idea. I suggested I can build a jump for when our kids want to jump their dirtbikes over it. Wife not impressed.
I'd rather be short into a pond than onto flat ground (the bike may not agree with me).

Kinda had opposite ends of the spectrum with a couple of my old bikes. A 750GSXR and a CBX250. Miss each for their own reasons, but would like to get another Seca2 though. Once I sell off my current Thundercats, want to get a mid weight ADV. Maybe a CB500x or VStrom.

It is always easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission...

Congrats on the second incoming addition!

If the kids have it in them, they'll build their own jump. BTW, I met Evel Knievel, shook his hand and got him to autograph my cheap Kawasaki cap at the CNE, way back in the early '70s. Sadly, the cap is long gone.

My 08 GSXR750 that I butchered (after splurging on cosmetics over a few years) to put on track fairings, then ended up selling it.

It's not that specific model though: it's that specific bike out of the fleet from the model.

Back
Top Bottom