Bikes you wish you still had | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bikes you wish you still had

Wingboy

Site Supporter
1984 BMW R80RT.
Sold it because my wife loved the comfort of the Goldwing, and i was tired of the crappy dealer network and stupid parts prices. Best ergonomics and fairing of any bike i have ever ridden.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1635071380453.jpg
    FB_IMG_1635071380453.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 31
Miss my little CBR250R. Did close to 27,000km on it and it really made me appreciate riding.
Day trips
Weekend trip
Cottage
Cruising
Iron Butt 1000
Commuting

all done on that bike and it never skipped a beat. Sold it to my cousin and he’s had it for 5 years now. It was just so flickable. Short on power obviously but that bike was so much more capable than I was.

If he ever sells it for close to 1k I’m going to buy it back.

My blue 1976 Honda CB400F. I bought it as insurance salvage back when you could do such a thing, put a CB400T front end on it, Comstar wheels and a Yoshima exhaust. Otherwise it was totally stock. A real sleeper, a joy to ride and a head turner.
A 1984 RZ350 (the Blue Meanie) built as a WERA endurance racer with too many mods to list.

2001 VFR800 With staytune exhaust loved the sound of the gear driven camels and exhaust. Found a pic of my bike

YsTgM4U.gif

Last edited:
My RD LC. So much fun to ride. A bit of a noodle compared to my RZs, but it was predictable. You knew exactly when it was going to start sliding and was easy to control.
AM-JKLXteSnTWZip6dLPoXTSeDpUcKPoZOC7dabcGKF6hndca8UUwHUa_HftQKnuyh48xiyOSU9scCxGa2X52o5zSSVEf9-dB9-BR12t8lo5_EaRSKdSg7fciyhYAA9jbcwzPFx6bcHJsSs1hzw7JqMxx10I=w1024-h768-no

Owned 4 RZs, last one the "nail in the coffin" 89 in Gauloises livery. They were fun, but nervous and twitchy. Always liked the LC better.

AM-JKLWPrf3zTjdpFDdPlRkUIXk_9IickTBu_Rvpb5SJujitj7je1Dad3nwB8si-rsW_FTjJvMavH2OlfxaEodqF19fNbvvVOJJpQmEby_t-bD_H5iX1-YY2Qwu64g9GnCpNYYM5MMI3L-xMyFJztqgSfqyM=w831-h552-no

Last edited:
My '06 KTM 625 SMC. Totally impractical and leaked oil like the Exxon Valdez but man what a purely fun bike to rip around on.

It's changed hands 2-3 times since I sold it four years ago. Latest sale ad had it completely rebuilt and looking good. Would have been tempted if the seller wasn't asking >50% more than what I sold it for.

Mostly, if I liked the bike, I kept it.
I have too many bikes.
But there was a 1989 Suzuki RMX, factory racer, that ended up with a bigger clutch, bored to 330cc, Lectron Carb, Excel wheels....
And a 1986 XL600 Honda, that ended up with the entire White Bros catalogue installed. That thing was DANGEROUS fun. The thing could climb trees. The end came when I caught myself doing 100mph wheelies, on the trail, with my future wife riding pillion(she thought this was all great fun).

Sadly sold them both to pay for her funeral... I should get another dirt bike....

Like others there's been a long line of bikes and I miss all of them from time to time, but really they've all been superseded by whatever came later.

The one that I can say I truly miss is my 2000 XR650L. I went full goofy and bought a ton of stuff to make it mine. De-smogged, carb modded, IMS large tank, Baja Designs graphics and seat cover, re-valved and re-sprung suspension, Summers Racing fork brace, hand guards and some other more minor stuff.

It was good enough on the road, surprisingly capable (though exhausting) in single track and an absolute blast on wider trails and forest roads. I used to ride from Pickering to the Ganaraska, enjoy the trails for 3 or 4 hours then ride home.

Since I'm now 20 years older (!!!!!!!!) I'm sure it wouldn't be the same experience today but there sure were some good days on that bike.

Attachments

• XRL.jpg
    XRL.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 15
I miss pretty much all my old bikes except the fz6, what a gutless engine for the street

cbr500r was great, comfy, usable power, good on the highway, great bike to learn on.
sv650 was awesome, grunty characterful engine, sporty and agile handling, uncomfortable ergos though, 20 mins of those clipons and I wanted to get off.
fz09 was great as well, stupid fun for the price, lots of torque, great ergos, amazing triple sound

My 2005 Honda XR650L (second in this thread btw!). What a bike with true off-road abilities!
I learned so much on it, but still I had never reached it full potential.
I think next season I will fix this and will get a real dual sport bike again, for sure it will be the red and white brand :)

My 2001 Kawasaki ZX-9R. Metallic Candy Lime Green. What a fun bike to ride...the perfect amount of power. Should have never sold it.

Sent from my iPad using GTAMotorcycle.com

Funny that I've never had more fun on a bike than on my YX600, but I don't think I could ever go back to it. It's not built for someone over six feet tall. I haven't had a bike yet that I regret selling. Some of them I'm really glad I DID sell (Triumph T595 on the verge of blowing up, a Ninja 1000SX that I got pretty much what I paid for it)
My CBR 954 I loved that bike.
I still think the 954RR is the best looking Fireblade

I miss my 1500 Goldwing. Not so much in slow traffic or unpaved roads but an all day ride in comfort even if cold or wet.

Off topic, I saw a Moto Guzzi in Dundas today that wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Back
Top Bottom