Bike Knocked Over In Parking Lot... Driver Runs. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike Knocked Over In Parking Lot... Driver Runs.

Kibosh3

Hey guys,

Thursday 1 PM - Tim Horton's ~ 16th & Woodbine

I get called outside by someone telling me my bike had been hit- my heart was pounding!
i step outside see a bunch of people standing around my bike saying that they tried to stop the driver, but he fled.

The driver (an asian man in his 30's-40's) in a Beige Toyota Sienna backed into it, knocked it over. Two other people came out of the car, picked it up so as to not look suspicious i suppose, and they tried to drive away.

A lady that saw it, drove behind the man and was screaming at him "you have to go inside! you can't leave!" while three other guys got in front of the car and were telling the guy to do the same. It was basically a game of chicken and the driver won, as the guys got out of his was after he put his foot on the pedal.

They managed to get his plate # and waited with me for an hour and a half for the cops to get there for the report. The witnesses couldn't stay any longer but left their contact info...The police didn't show up for two hours. At which point i gave the officer all of the information and she told me that the plates belonged to a company and she would investigate further.

Still waiting for a police report. Was unsure if i was allowed to post the Plate #, so i didn't.

Damages:
- Rashed Mid-Fairing
- Rashed mirror
- Rashed Bar-end
- Rashed Stator Cover
- Broken shifter peg
- Broken clutch lever
- Rashed OEM exhaust can & Bent bracket at the passenger pegs (the pipe almost touches the chain now)

Around $1000 worth of damages. I hope this guy gets roasted.

Last edited:
I feel you. SOmeone hit my parked bike last night too! BUt luckily I was about 20M away and the bike didn't tip over and there is no visible damage at he hit it head on and moved it about 20 cm back but I think his bumper pushed it against the front wheel so there is no fairing damage.

Anyone know how much time I have to report it as I gotta get someone to look at the forks to make sure there isn't any non-visible damage. Guy nearly **** his pants btw, cause he thought I was going to beat the crap out of him.

i hope they would find him soon , charge him with hit and run . probably will loose his licence if he got one . what a dumb , thinks that noone will notice his plate....

I feel you. SOmeone hit my parked bike last night too! BUt luckily I was about 20M away and the bike didn't tip over and there is no visible damage at he hit it head on and moved it about 20 cm back but I think his bumper pushed it against the front wheel so there is no fairing damage.

Anyone know how much time I have to report it as I gotta get someone to look at the forks to make sure there isn't any non-visible damage. Guy nearly **** his pants btw, cause he thought I was going to beat the crap out of him.

I hope he gets kiboshed.

The driver (an asian man in his 30's-40's) in a Beige Toyota Sienna backed into it, knocked it over. Two other people came out of the car, picked it up so as to not look suspicious i suppose, and they tried to drive away.

holy ****, my bike was knocked over last August while I was inside eating at a restaurant. One witness gave me that exact same description, older asian man in a beige Sienna. He also fled and the witness wasn't able to get a plate.

I wonder if it's the same guy.

But at least he picked the bike back up lolz.

Any security video at Tim's?

sorry to hear. Maybe it was a stolen van and thats why they didn't stop.

that sucks, but good thing the people got the plate.
wonder what other charges he may get for trying to run down the witnesses.

$1000 sounds far too little to replace everything your reported as being rashed up or broken.

when by bike was tipped over, to costs were much higher than that

Glad to hear people stepped up and got the plate for you.

I think your low on your damage estimate, anything scratched or dented get's added to the total by insurance. The pipe along is probably over $600+, same for the fairing piece.

You have their license plate so no worries. He fled the scene of an accident. Your fine and have witnesses. Your good

Theres a reason my car insurance is $500 higher in markham. Avoid it and Brampton like the plague if you can.

You have their license plate so no worries. He fled the scene of an accident. Your fine and have witnesses. Your good

Yup, exactly. Now you have the police report too. Give all that info to your insurance company.

That's maybe 1000 bucks in Ebay parts, but not 1000 bucks in the eyes of your insurance company. you should inquire into your insurance company and see what they say. i doubt it would cost you anything since you got the plate number so they can go after the other guys insurance.

Hey guys,

Thursday 1 PM - Tim Horton's ~ 16th & Woodbine

I get called outside by someone telling me my bike had been hit- my heart was pounding!
i step outside see a bunch of people standing around my bike saying that they tried to stop the driver, but he fled.

A lady that saw it, drove behind the man and was screaming at him "you have to go inside! you can't leave!" while three other guys got in front of the car and were telling the guy to do the same. It was basically a game of chicken and the driver won, as the guys got out of his was after he put his foot on the pedal.

They managed to get his plate # and waited with me for an hour and a half for the cops to get there for the report. The witnesses couldn't stay any longer but left their contact info...The police didn't show up for two hours. At which point i gave the officer all of the information and she told me that the plates belonged to a company and she would investigate further.

Still waiting for a police report. Was unsure if i was allowed to post the Plate #, so i didn't.

Damages:
- Rashed Mid-Fairing
- Rashed mirror
- Rashed Bar-end
- Rashed Stator Cover
- Broken shifter peg
- Broken clutch lever
- Rashed OEM exhaust can & Bent bracket at the passenger pegs (the pipe almost touches the chain now)

Around $1000 worth of damages. I hope this guy gets roasted.

As everyone said, show your insurance the police report along with witness statements and they *should* waive your deductible for the repairs. Hopefully YRP takes hit and run seriously enough to go after the guy and lay charges.

best wishes, the parking lot is not public property its private and the police will maybe follow up , or not. Your likely in a 50/50 situation. it sucks but i've been down this road twice now.

It's 50/50 if both vehicles are moving;however when one vehicle is stationary and off then I do not see how it would 50/50. Unless the motorcycle was incorrectly parked but then again I doubt it.

Best of luck to you. Hope they get him. The guy was stupid enough to drive away, thinking that nobody got the plates.

Back
Top Bottom