Bike Friendly Ontario Insurance People [2008 edition!] | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike Friendly Ontario Insurance People [2008 edition!]

After the fact they did a search and found a seatbelt ticket that i recieved earler in the year. They used that to cancel my insurance.
Didnt even offer me a different rate....i was told that they have certain options and enforce them when people make a claim. Bogus.

Did you get your insurance with them AFTER the ticket, or before?

wow.. that's nonsense. call my girl, she was great.

Sabrina Paul
Insurance Account Representative
State Farm®
Providing Insurance and Financial Services
11 Harwood Ave. S., Suite 201
Ajax, Ontario, L1S 2B9
(Phone (905) 426-5959
7Fax (905) 426-9631

Does Sabrina have a email? Will she quote that way?

Sabrina is on maternity leave, she has someone handling all her accounts.

Does Sabrina have a email? Will she quote that way?

apparently riders plus does not insure "super sport"....

i called for a quote on a F4i and they claim it's a super sport... im like okie dokie....

apparently riders plus does not insure "super sport"....

i called for a quote on a F4i and they claim it's a super sport... im like okie dokie....

Different companies suit different situations, but if you are:

+ 25 years of age
Have taken a Rider Training Course
Dont have a bunch of tickets on your driving record
Dont have a restricted bike (eg. Hayabusa, R1, etc) *

Try calling up RIDERS PLUS Insurance

best rates 99% of the time
:D:D:D:D:D

*** btw.... the "Supersport" vs "Sport Touring" thing always gets my goat. Right or wrong there are sportbikes and there are "blacklisted sportbikes". Some are just on the left side of the line, some on the right side of the line. Folks in my positon actually try (sometimes successfully) to get certain bikes we feel dont belong on the blacklist, OFF the blacklist towards the slower part of the riding season. Truth is, its not about whether its a full-on track bike or not, sometimes it makes sense sometimes it doesnt, but we do what we can with what we have to work with. And its not all sportbikes.

For example:
A Honda CBR F4i is on the Blacklist (as is the CBR600RR)
but a Honda VFR800 is not

A 2010 Yamaha V-Max is on the Blacklist (not for long I hope)
but 2008 Yamaha V-Max is not
:confused:

oh yeah, and BTW.... a Kawasaki Ninja 250R is a SPORTBIKE, albeit a smaller one, as is my Ducati Monster.... neither of these are "sport touring", no one is going cross country on either, but more importantly, neither of these are BLACKLISTED bikes.

I can hook you up with the "LIST" by e-mail.

Just drop me a line.

For example:
A Honda CBR F4i is on the Blacklist (as is the CBR600RR)
but a Honda VFR800 is not

Be sure to phrase your argument carefully, or they might start to blacklist the VFRs as well . . .

**** :cool:

Nah, that VFR800 is staying OFF the list, no worries. :laughing8:

Actually, a little birdie told me that Riders Plus may be able to remove quite a few more bikes off its blacklist pretty soon that we have been trying to get off that list for a while now. Anyone who has asked me about this in person or on the phone might remember me describing it sort of like nominating someone into the Hall of Fame. Folks like me nominate, but we dont make the final call. I will keep you posted. :happy3:

Or give me a call at the office for more details
416-251-1447 ext. 233

Hi all,
I am a bike friendly insurance broker, I work for Cornerstone Insurance brokers, who are listed in the original post.
Any questions about insurance please feel free to contact me.
SM

bump , obviously time has come to renew your policy and or look for a new insurance company anyone looking?

im going to see whats out there ill keep posted by monday!

Different companies suit different situations, but if you are:

+ 25 years of age
Have taken a Rider Training Course
Dont have a bunch of tickets on your driving record
Dont have a restricted bike (eg. Hayabusa, R1, etc) *

Try calling up RIDERS PLUS Insurance

best rates 99% of the time

I have to agree with this wholeheartedly after spending 3+ hours on the phone today.

And not just by a small amount either ...they had a margin of between 3 and 4 hundred dollars less then 6 other companies I spoke with.

I have to agree, I totally didn't even think about Riders Plus until I was looking around for RV insurance and found that Echelon is linked to Riders Plus, got a quote and wow 1/2 the price of anybody else around for my Ninja250! To think I was about to Sign up with SF for double the price just today!

Most posts you read just give you TD/SF and JEVCO as refferences, but for us "older" new riders Riders Plus seems to be the best option. I think the insurance decision flowchart needs updating...

bikermahn,

Can you give us your details and quote? Age/License/Bike/Displacement

36 y/o Male
G for 18 Years, clean record
M1 in Jan
Bike: 94 Ninja 250 bare minumum insurance (just liability).

SF: 870 agent1, 936 agent2
TDMM: 1040
JEVCO: 980
RP: 480 (can only get this AFTER I pass my M1 Exit Training Course).

I had two different quotes for SF because one sold me two products (insurance + small life) and that was the cheaper quote. Go figure!

RidersPlus has the condition that I cannot get insurance until I do my M2, given the significant savings I'm going to have to wait and cry a little on the inside for those nice days when weather is great in March/April.

The age of the bike doesn't matter that much, I quoted out a 2011 Ninja 250 and it was very close. Adding in comprehensive was an extra $200-300/year.

Given that the value of my bike is about as much as the gas in the tank i'm just going to go with minimum insurance.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the details. I'll definitely give Riders Plus a call.

I'm ressurecting the thread :)

Does anyone know if these contacts are still available? Time for me to start shopping :p

Back
Top Bottom