Bike dies when no throttle applied | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike dies when no throttle applied

One thing that novices may have trouble with, is the feel of how much drag is on a feeler gauge when it is set properly. On this bike, it is slightly awkward to get the feeler gauge in there on the intake side.

The other thing that novices may miss, is to correctly position the crankshaft/camshaft so that the valve being checked is absolutely and completely off the lobe in question and off its lead-in and lead-out ramps. Lobe completely on the opposite side of where the cam follower is. For this engine, it is sufficient if the engine is positioned at TDC on the compression stroke.

Not snugging the locknuts will get you, too. Or not snugging them in a manner that doesn't disturb the adjustment screw setting.

Is there an idle adjustment on these bikes? Just wondering as I ride a carbed ZRX 1200r.

How many K on this bike?

Pops

Is there an idle adjustment on these bikes? Just wondering as I ride a carbed ZRX 1200r.

How many K on this bike?

Pops
Yes, Idle adjustment screw is the only adjustment, everything else is electronic.

Well, kinda. This engine uses an IAC valve to regulate the idling speed. There is an idle-stop on the throttle linkage at the throttle body, but you are not supposed to touch it. It's loctited in place. It can be adjusted if you have a mind to do so, but generally, a temptation to adjust the idle stop screw means there is something else wrong with the bike.

How many K on this bike?

Pops

He said loosening the valves fixed the idle issue probably just went too far over the specs

CBR guy if you’re in the gta I can show you how to set the valves on that motor if you get it down to the valve cover

Hey so I did another adjustment and it still sounds funny to me. Im almost positive this time its spot on but still sounds funny... can anyone confirm? I am in the gta by the way yes.

Compression or performance test will tell you,
I think you are getting better at adjusting Honda valves.

Sounds way better from here (y) original problem was stalling wasn't it? if that is fixed now I would say the problem was valve clearance.
... with a 125 you will know by performance if you have it close enough or not.

Oh ya the problem was it stalled evertime the throttle was completely released and had very hard time starting after that. Always had to have throttle applied. Has not happened since the adjustment and bike rides better than ever. Valves were definitely the problem. Thanks guys I really appreciate all of you who have got back to me and replyed on my tread. You guys helped me alot and gave me confidence in working on my bike. Thank you!

These engines are somewhat clattery at the best of times. It seems to sound much better in the recent video - about as close to normal as can be expected by hearing it through your microphone and the internet and my speaker.

The cool part is you fixed it yourself.

It is pretty cool now I know for the next one too. Saved alot of money with all the stuff I did too.
save even more once you been doing it for half a century, no wait, the technology won't be around that much longer, 25 years.

Back
Top Bottom