Bike dies when no throttle applied | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike dies when no throttle applied

If he has to give it any throttle to start it there is a problem, idle speed setting is fairly critical.
His has electric start so starting is not as good an indicator as it is with a similar motor that has no battery and kick only, like my trials bikes.

add: 4RT even has a little tiny auto decompressor built right onto the camshaft, very cool tech, if the decompressor clearance is not close it won't work, so that is an additional trouble-shoot.

No decompressor on the cbr125 engine. (The decompressor is for a different version of that engine, not used on this particular bike.)

I worked on a CBR125 that wouldn't idle without throttle. Valves were in spec. All I had to do was adjust the idle stop to fix it.

I was about to check my valves today! What year cbr 125 is that mine is a 2007 fuel injected what was the process? I heard it's easy on a carbed but not so much on a fuel injected.

I was about to check my valves today! What year cbr 125 is that mine is a 2007 fuel injected what was the process? I heard it's easy on a carbed but not so much on a fuel injected.

Do check your valves first. Idle should be the last thing you adjust because it normally shouldn't change. Been a while so I don't remember off the top of my head, but will look into it if the valve adjustment doesn't pan out. The bike was a 2011 but it's basically the same motor for all years.

Another possibility is your spark plug wire/boot (read comments):

I just adjusted my valves it was a little bit of a hassle and a bit intimidating but I got it done no problem with a vid on YouTube with like 50 views lol. I haven't taken it out for a ride yet but when I started it the idle sounded really different and if I could explain it would say it sounds clicky. Is this normal and should I be worried I did it to spec and feel pretty confident with what I did so I'm not sure if this is bad or good.

I just adjusted my valves it was a little bit of a hassle and a bit intimidating but I got it done no problem with a vid on YouTube with like 50 views lol. I haven't taken it out for a ride yet but when I started it the idle sounded really different and if I could explain it would say it sounds clicky. Is this normal and should I be worried I did it to spec and feel pretty confident with what I did so I'm not sure if this is bad or good.

Better too loose than too tight BUT if your start/idle problem is solved then recheck clearances again after it cools down.

A wee bit of valve ticking is normal. Loud clattering is not. When adjusting those screw-and-locknut adjusters, don't forget to snug the locknuts! I've found the best way to do it is with the feeler gauge still in there - it helps stop the adjusting screw from moving when you snug the locknut. If there was just a bit of drag with the correct feeler gauge in there after snugging the locknut, and with the cam lobe away from the rocker arm, it's good.

Is that normal it didn't make that before. Both my valves were to tight before and I'm pretty positive they are spec now.

You had the cam out of the way when you adjusted the valves, right? There's an assumption that you either knew how to do this job or had access to a manual that would explain all the steps. And which video did you watch? Hopefully it was correct.

I watched a ton of videos to make sure I was doing it properly and I had my manual yes and I adjusted it to the specs in the manual. I drained coolant disconnected hoses to get the rad out of the way. Im pretty positive I did everything correctly.

Back
Top Bottom