Beta | GTAMotorcycle.com

Beta

Wingboy

Site Supporter
Sold my 2011 Ossa 280 trials bike. It was an awesome machine, but because the factory closed in 2015 i really couldn't ride it the way i wanted to for fear of breaking something like a tranny part. I don't like 4t bikes, so my choices were left to TRS (spanish,scary?) or Sherco (again,parts?).I really wanted to try the Chinese TW200, but again I'm not sure if the company is stable.
This left me with Beta. The company is solid with lots of dealers. The quality of the machine i just bought is second to none. Just like Ducati, the Italians know how to build things properly. The 200 Evo that i bought is in very high demand and the reasons are really obvious. Plenty of power, 2 power modes and still easy to kick start even for a 67 yr old.Did i mention the Evo200 weighs 145lbs?I thought that the left side kickstart (what?) would be really hard to get used to,but it's a no brainer.(fits me perfectly)
Maintenance should be super simple with a bare minimum of tools. 2 sockets and 3 Allen keys will take care of a lot. A carb takes care of fueling. Fuel injection is really nice till it needs repair. Then it's not nice and very expensive.I did a total teardown of the bike and grease,loctite and dielectric everything.There is nothing wrong with white lithium grease,but i like playing in water so Belray waterproof grease went everywhere. The air filter is a 5 min chore. Beta did a fantastic job keeping the exhaust quiet like a trials bike should be. Minimum effect on the environment and it's occupants. Very quiet!
I have had a quick look at Beta's Enduro and dual purpose bikes, and they are the same. Very sturdy with a very strong following.
Langs Offroad in Dorchester was a pleasure to deal with. D&J Motorcycles in Bracebridge is also highly recommended.
zgWdQf9.jpg

wj6mmB6.jpg

7GIKvVn.jpg

ggMfv5j.jpg

Last edited:
and Woody's in Perth (y) all great dealers.

Very nice bike. For some reason I thought you were an older guy....don't these trials bikes require young knees...as in teenage knees?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Very nice bike. For some reason I thought you were an older guy....don't these trials bikes require young knees...as in teenage knees?
Trials competition is where you will find all the oldest riders who still ride and to attempt expert level sections, yes you better still have some knees left. I rode 3 hours yesterday, need to get it up to at least 4 hours to survive an regular event so more conditioning is in order. Riding is actually turning out to be the best form of rehab for my knee I smashed up in January.

My neck is actually one of the worst places for pain, because you are in a crouch bent position most of the time and need to took up ahead, even with a light weigh helmet your neck gets a serious workout.

Lol. I am an older guy. 67 isn't that old unless you're 20 something. Our events bring in about 35 riders, ages from 8 to 80. Men and women.

Come on out some time and try following an old guy ;)

Poking around a little more inside this little beauty, looking to loctite a few more fasteners. Pulled the right side engine cover off to see if i have a flywheel puller that will work and surprise! The stator is mounted on the cover and the flywheel is backwards! Brilliant stuff. More weight to the center of the bike and repairs greatly simplified.

Lol. I am an older guy. 67 isn't that old unless you're 20 something. Our events bring in about 35 riders, ages from 8 to 80. Men and women.
Geezus Man, you must be in shape! Watching some trials videos and blown away by the skill of these guys. This must be where you go on motorcycles when you've ridden everything and gotten bored.

The guy formerly known as Mladin.

Cool video. Wish i could do that stuff. I can do fun stuff. But I'm 67.

Ontario Top riders are very close to that, it is amazing to see what they can do on these bikes.

Only issue I found with Beta when I shopped them in 18 was they just weren't as competitive as the rivals. Plus if the Beta dealer by me went under or stopped carrying them I would be waiting on parts (and parts not as readily available on online retailers).
Ultimately I went KTM as I had a choice of 3 dealers close by and found it made better power, had a nicer counterbalanced engine, and had better suspension over the comparable Beta.
Beta tests say they've upped their game a bit this year but dyno and tests show they're still aiming more for the non-competitive crowd with soft valved suspension and lower power engines.
My neighbour had a 17 Beta390RR that wan't overly reliable and even with a dealer 15min away he waited a long time for a part. He's now on a white KTM (Husky) 350FX and says it does everything better and makes a lot more usable power. He does about 200hrs a year on his bikes so they get used.

Only issue I found with Beta when I shopped them in 18 was they just weren't as competitive as the rivals. Plus if the Beta dealer by me went under or stopped carrying them I would be waiting on parts (and parts not as readily available on online retailers).
Ultimately I went KTM as I had a choice of 3 dealers close by and found it made better power, had a nicer counterbalanced engine, and had better suspension over the comparable Beta.
Beta tests say they've upped their game a bit this year but dyno and tests show they're still aiming more for the non-competitive crowd with soft valved suspension and lower power engines.
My neighbour had a 17 Beta390RR that wan't overly reliable and even with a dealer 15min away he waited a long time for a part. He's now on a white KTM (Husky) 350FX and says it does everything better and makes a lot more usable power. He does about 200hrs a year on his bikes so they get used.
If KTM made a trialer, i definitely would have been interested. Beta was the only logical choice for me. I'm afraid of anything made in Spain.

Gasgas is gone i think.

KTM bought them last fall changed att the Enduro bikes to red KTMs kinda like husky.not sure on the trials bikes.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

KTM bought them last fall changed att the Enduro bikes to red KTMs kinda like husky.not sure on the trials bikes. Website still shows trials bikes so you can buy a KTM trials bike.

Geezus Man, you must be in shape! Watching some trials videos and blown away by the skill of these guys. This must be where you go on motorcycles when you've ridden everything and gotten bored.

The guy formerly known as Mladin.
See what kind of bike that is ;) (y)

Need a wiring diagram for the 2018 300cc Evo 2-stroke if anyone has one please.
Think we have a pooched rectifier and would like to explore alternatives. It's only on there to power the fan and it's not doing that very well at the moment.

Beta USA website should have one.

Back
Top Bottom