bestman/groomsmen gift | GTAMotorcycle.com

bestman/groomsmen gift

EaZ8

so im getting married in a couple months and need to figure out some sort of gift for the guys.
flask has been done, we all have one... so i just dont wanta do that.

we all ride together, all work on bikes...awesome group...so what could i get them that awesome and useful?
2 of the guys are on chopped sportsters, the other 2 are on sportbikes...technically 1 isnt in the wedding but thats because we didnt have another brides made.

open to options...

Friend of mine gave out those Leatherman Multi-tools, which I thought was a decent idea. I keep one in my bag when I head out riding in case I need to do some simple repair. Not necessarily bike related, though.

Price? Do you have any connections? My brother's future father in law had a snap-on truck so the wedding party got ratchets.

Have you done a cost benefit analysis on the marriage? Make sure you have and run the numbers well!

I think a good and solid multi tool is a great idea. I've seen a few and would personally want one myself. It'll always get used, and should forever be cherished.

The last wedding I went to my friend got us Game of Thrones steins which were really nice. They were made out of some kind of molded ceramic with metal or pewter lids. I say "were" because two of them went missing at some point during the night :(. Prior to that, I'd gotten the usual stuff... mug, socks, tie, wallet, travel pouch, etc...

If it were me and all my groomsmen were riders I would probably try to find something bike related. Maybe a tank/tail/saddle bag, Bluetooth intercom, gear shift indicator, back protector or even a jug of motor oil and a filter lol. It depends on how much you want to spend.

I really like the idea of a customized ratchet set in this case..
Have their names or nicknames and which part of the wedding they were (i.e. best man) engraved on driver.

Maybe get an SAE set for the cruiser riders (if they're not a Japanese/Euro make) and Metric for the others.
My bikes use Torx bits for the most part - so keep that in mind too.

The idea of a present is nice.

However when we got married I didn't buy a gift for my bridesmaids. I bought their dresses instead, to keep the cost down for them. Then all they had to worry about was whatever jewelry and shoes they wanted to wear, which were reusable.

I have a gaggle of dresses I'll never wear again from being in their weddings. Niece uses em for dress up. Weddings are expensive.

How about covering their tux rentals or such?

Leatherman tool is an outstanding idea, not as useless as a flask, stein, ect. I've been given a divers knife (odd) and a couple ball point pens, a stein and an engraved baseball bat (odd).
Engraved ratchets could get expensive fast, and a cheap ratchet is a horrible thing to use.

I'd give them pepper mills.............

Friend of mine gave out those Leatherman Multi-tools, which I thought was a decent idea. I keep one in my bag when I head out riding in case I need to do some simple repair. Not necessarily bike related, though.
I received a nice Swiss Army knife once...thought that was cool.
Curious on thoughts...could you do a nice "certificate" for a boys group outing? I'd be OK if I received that...

Last edited:
Gift certificate for their MC service location of choice for a free oil change or something? Or just a plain old gift certificate so they can buy what they'd like?

Dunny, just tossing Jello at the wall here, but if you're all motorcycle-heads....this is something me as a guy would appreciate over some other trinket that's just going to end up in a drawer somewhere.

However when we got married I didn't buy a gift for my bridesmaids. I bought their dresses instead, to keep the cost down for them. Then all they had to worry about was whatever jewelry and shoes they wanted to wear, which were reusable.

I have a gaggle of dresses I'll never wear again from being in their weddings. Niece uses em for dress up. Weddings are expensive.

Nice thought. We often assume everyone has a ton of cash for the costs of their participation in an event.

Still, a small permanent item is a nice touch. A talisman of some sort?

I was best man at my buddies wedding when we raced offroad together. The other groomsmen got flasks but knowing I don't drink (and certainly not while I'm mobile) I got a custom ktm race jersey with my number and "ICEMAN" on the back.
Naturally I was very happy and still have it. I like wearing it to club/forum events so members know who I am.
Four years later the marriage is over but my ktm jersey is still going strong lol.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Two of my most fave pieces of jewelry are m/c related. A bracelet made from an old chain and a ring that looks like the tread of a tire.

Cufflinks perhaps? Google motorcycle cuff links. I LOVE the ones that look like a chain link.

I hear now the groom is buying the tux's for the guys in the wedding party

Seems the cost to rent is not much more than to purchase nowadays, we are going to a friends son's wedding and this is what he is doing, as well as some of the other guys who are getting married, they will be doing the same for their grooms men...

so I hear...

"If you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all" Mom

perhaps a gift card for a complimentary initial meeting with a mediator or legal representation........

buying tuxes for a wedding party is as goofy as bridesmaid dresses. If you wear a tux, you own a tux. If your gifted a tux, it wont match the next wedding, styles change and you look like uncle fred that has his from the lodge, but wears it to the weddings. Blue valour.....

Two of my most fave pieces of jewelry are m/c related. A bracelet made from an old chain and a ring that looks like the tread of a tire.

Cufflinks perhaps? Google motorcycle cuff links. I LOVE the ones that look like a chain link.
Pics?
Those sound cool.

Sent from the Purple Zone

I was best man at my buddies wedding when we raced offroad together. The other groomsmen got flasks but knowing I don't drink (and certainly not while I'm mobile) I got a custom ktm race jersey with my number and "ICEMAN" on the back.
Naturally I was very happy and still have it. I like wearing it to club/forum events so members know who I am.
Four years later the marriage is over but my ktm jersey is still going strong lol.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

That is a great idea

Back
Top Bottom