Belfountain/Mississauga RD | GTAMotorcycle.com

Belfountain/Mississauga RD

Sorrow

Just came back from a run in the Belfountain area, just north of the Forks Of The Credit (Road) on Mississauga road in one of the shaper turns there are broken pieces of razor blades scattered across the south bound lane.

I rounded the corner and heard metal on the road, thought something fell of my bike. So I hopped off and checked, there they were.

Residents trying to kill bikers? Maybe, so be careful.

I dislike this road.

It's cracked and bumpy and usually has some debris. (sand, gravel...and now razorblades!?!)

Lack of yellow line seems to encourage motorists to cut corners or go very wide.

Seems to be a neccesary evil for me as it's the part of one of my routes. (to go from Forks to Shaws Creek to Orangeville)

I hope they pave it one day.

I just rode through there yesterday and did not notice anything; time to have a close look at my tires for any damage.

I agree that this road is usually in very poor condition as the pavement is bumpy/pot-holed and there is always sand on the corners following a rain. There are not too many residents down there in the valley next to Caledon Ski Club, so it might not be a local resident on a campaign to eliminate motorcycles.

I can't comment on the razor blades, but the sand (in most likely 99% of the cases) is just a result of run off from the near by Niagara Escarpment.

Back
Top Bottom