Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

Only advantage of Can-Am Spyders and trikes here, is they are still considered MC for those that want the open air MC experience that stands up on their own.

I just don't get the advantage of having a 3-track vehicle on the crappy roads we have here. That includes Can-Am Spyders and trikes.
Nothing to do with roads, lot's of older riders move into trikes, as it is easier on the knees and other reasons, but don't want to give up riding. Or people just like them. Just enjoy the ride.

I get that, and it's good to have the option if you need it, but the Niken doesn't stand up on it's own.
All the disadvantages of a trike, and you still have to look at the thing when you walk away from it!

I get that, and it's good to have the option if you need it, but the Niken doesn't stand up on it's own.
All the disadvantages of a trike, and you still have to look at the thing when you walk away from it!

It doesn't have all the disadvantages of a trike, trikes handle like crap and feel nothing like a 2 wheel bike. The Niken handles a lot like a normal motorcycle.

It doesn't have all the disadvantages of a trike, trikes handle like crap and feel nothing like a 2 wheel bike. The Niken handles a lot like a normal motorcycle.

I was referring to the fact that it's a 3 track vehicle.
Easy to avoid potholes, etc. on a single-track motorcycle. Not so much on a 3-track. Have you seen the streets of Toronto? Horrible.
Nothing to do with handling out on the open road.

I was referring to the fact that it's a 3 track vehicle.
Easy to avoid potholes, etc. on a single-track motorcycle. Not so much on a 3-track. Have you seen the streets of Toronto? Horrible.
Nothing to do with handling out on the open road.

Oh, gotcha, I didn't read enough of the comments right before

We all become a bit stuck on our own preference for a machine to ride. Sometimes tastes or requirements change. Must be a heavy thing to have a life altering event make changes necessary for you.
Would any of us want to give up all the sensations we've come to enjoy & crave ?. Anyone who conquers adversity by adapting, is to be commended.

So, what with the pandemic, I've been stuck inside like everyone else. Some insane Australian put togeter a turbo kit for the Niken, and I decided to slap it on and see what happened.

Today was the inaugural run, after confirming that everything works. And good lord, does the turbo ever make a difference. It just pulls and pulls and pulls... now it's ugly AND stupid fast.

Is there a world land speed record for a Niken yet? ;) guessing you could be the first.

So, what with the pandemic, I've been stuck inside like everyone else. Some insane Australian put togeter a turbo kit for the Niken, and I decided to slap it on and see what happened.

Today was the inaugural run, after confirming that everything works. And good lord, does the turbo ever make a difference. It just pulls and pulls and pulls... now it's ugly AND stupid fast.

That is freakin awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I watched a video of a turbo Niken on a track in France a year or so ago. Looked like a real good time. Enjoy beating up on sport bikes all summer.

That's pretty cool, I know the company you mean. I was taking a look at their mt07 stuff out of curiosity. Little rich for me at over $4,000 IIRC

....now it's ugly AND stupid fast.

As I do recall, you mentioned the baby momma mentioning that about you down at the Dragon last summer... hehehe.
Love ya like a brother, bud!

Just looked it up, blue forks or gold forks?
Oh, and I never wave to three wheelers, I'll make an exception for you and the Niken :)

Just looked it up, blue forks or gold forks?
Oh, and I never wave to three wheelers, I'll make an exception for you and the Niken :)
Blue and black body with gold forks...

Back
Top Bottom