Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

Is there any video of that? I really, really want to see it

I have plans for when the 'Vid goes away, including better tuning and perhaps building the motor. Installing a Det sensor and a childish blow off valve so I can hear her sing. Pssshhhhhhht.....
Great - let's see what happens on the next ride
:)

sheesh, do you really have 2 nikkens?

Forgot about this thread. Thought I'd revive it with an old update.'

Took the bike to the track with the new suspension and the hopes that the motor wouldn't blow up again. The bike was tuned this time, and as suspected, the mapping was just ... off. With the tune that was provided, it was pushing over 200 hp at the rear. Decided that wasn't so safe and so the tune was richened WAY up, down to about 175 hp at the rear. And I ran it with a 50/50 mix of VP race gas and 94.

The bike didn't blow up over 2 days at TMP over labour day. I did take it easy at the beginning, because I had also been away from the track for quite some time, but by the end of the second day I was riding at the (my) limit and the bike didn't explode.

It burned through 1/4 tank per session, which is insane, but didn't explode. The bike is ... hilarious. As it turns out, nobody likes being passed by a trike. Was I the fastest bike in the group? Hellz nah, but riding a three wheeled exercise in comedy like this means that there are low expectations. I've always liked an underdog.

I have plans for when the 'Vid goes away, including better tuning and perhaps building the motor. Installing a Det sensor and a childish blow off valve so I can hear her sing. Pssshhhhhhht.....

Hooray!
A couple of people I know were discussing you on Fb the other day.
Woman asked opinions on the Niken and two guys started telling stories about a guy running a Turbo Niken at a track day they attended.
I just chuckled.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Insurance did its' job. Lawsuit still working its' way through the system. As it turns out, you can't take it with you, so I am trying to do a better job of being happy, and while stuff doesn't lead to happiness, having (probably) the largest private NIken collection in the world (at 2, plus a busted engine!) makes me giggle.

Didn't bring it up to be a downer; life moves forward, but also don't want the reputation of seeming like I'm throwing money around while people are having a hard time...

Again, don't want to be a downer. Let's keep this thread light and stupid.

The Niken is one of those things...can you guess which?

Last edited:
Is there any video of that? I really, really want to see it

Sadly, no video evidence to date. I'll see if I can wrangle someone to take some good video next time I have the bike out.

Insurance did its' job. Lawsuit still working its' way through the system. As it turns out, you can't take it with you, so I am trying to do a better job of being happy, and while stuff doesn't lead to happiness, having (probably) the largest private NIken collection in the world (at 2, plus a busted engine!) makes me giggle.

Didn't bring it up to be a downer; life moves forward, but also don't want the reputation of seeming like I'm throwing money around while people are having a hard time...

Again, don't want to be a downer. Let's keep this thread light and stupid.

The Niken is one of those things...can you guess which?

anything with that triple engine is bound to be stupid :ROFLMAO:
lord I miss the fz

anything with that triple engine is bound to be stupid :ROFLMAO:
lord I miss the fz
a buddy has the '19 MT09. Once in awhile he lets me get on it, with the quickshifter it's just stupid :LOL:

I saw a Triumph 1050 Speed Triple the other day, i want to try one! Single sided swingarm, dual undertail arrow cans.../drool

sounds glorious!

a buddy has the '19 MT09. Once in awhile he lets me get on it, with the quickshifter it's just stupid :LOL:

I saw a Triumph 1050 Speed Triple the other day, i want to try one! Single sided swingarm, dual undertail arrow cans.../drool

sounds glorious!
A big Triumph Triple is the best sounding bike I have personally been able to ride. The howling part doesn't seem to translate to video well

A big Triumph Triple is the best sounding bike I have personally been able to ride. The howling part doesn't seem to translate to video well

havent ridden all of these, but imo the best sounding engines today are:

Aprilia V4s followed by the yamaha crossplane inline 4, followed by triumph triples

Forgot about this thread. Thought I'd revive it with an old update.'

Took the bike to the track with the new suspension and the hopes that the motor wouldn't blow up again. The bike was tuned this time, and as suspected, the mapping was just ... off. With the tune that was provided, it was pushing over 200 hp at the rear. Decided that wasn't so safe and so the tune was richened WAY up, down to about 175 hp at the rear. And I ran it with a 50/50 mix of VP race gas and 94.

The bike didn't blow up over 2 days at TMP over labour day. I did take it easy at the beginning, because I had also been away from the track for quite some time, but by the end of the second day I was riding at the (my) limit and the bike didn't explode.

It burned through 1/4 tank per session, which is insane, but didn't explode. The bike is ... hilarious. As it turns out, nobody likes being passed by a trike. Was I the fastest bike in the group? Hellz nah, but riding a three wheeled exercise in comedy like this means that there are low expectations. I've always liked an underdog.

Hooray!
A loud BOV on a bike is what dreams are made of. I can't imagine the enjoyment I would get from that.

havent ridden all of these, but imo the best sounding engines today are:

Aprilia V4s followed by the yamaha crossplane inline 4, followed by triumph triples
I think this has surpassed V4's for me.

Did a few group rides end of season with the #bmwganggang and we had a track monster r1 owner tag along. There was also an Aprilia RSV4 and i would always make sure i was behind him to hear that sweet sweet v4 go off. Yet every time we accelerated i only ever heard the BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA from the crossplane.

Like this dude. Btw, knee down on the street = bonus points right? Props for staying on his side of the road (look of disapproval at Max Wrist and his flock)

Last edited:
I think this has surpassed V4's for me.

Did a few group rides end of season with the #bmwganggang and we had a track monster r1 owner tag along. There was also an Aprilia RSV4 and i would always make sure i was behind him to hear that sweet sweet v4 go off. Yet every time we accelerated i only ever heard the BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA from the crossplane.

Like this dude. Btw, knee down on the street = bonus points right? Props for staying on his side of the road (look of disapproval at Max Wrist and his flock)

this surprises me

I would also throw in the old school air cooled dry clutch ducati's on that list

Back
Top Bottom