B.C. man who shot robber wants more gun rights | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

B.C. man who shot robber wants more gun rights

And how are death by stabbings fairing in jolly ole England now-adays? Dead is dead. If I were to be murdered, I think I'd rather be shot than stabbed, run over, or bombed.
If you love those wonderful British laws, why don't you move back there instead of advocating for us to follow in Britian's foolish footsteps?

You want gun control rebuttals? I'll steal this one from reddit to save me having to find the links. The last two lines in particular are for you J.C.

Thanks for just quoting gun lobby talking points, always amusing.

Stabbing....yes, the fully or semi automatic knife. Amazing invention. Able to kill multiple people at a distance without changing position. Congrats. Another gun talking point that has no validity at all.

As for moving back to the UK why would I? For the most part Canadian laws are very sensible. Why don’t you move to the US since you seem to want the lack of regulations they have there.

If gun control doesn’t work.....then why don’t facts and statistics actually back that point up?

What gun control works, and in what way does it work?
Are you suggesting that gun control reduces gun deaths, or do your stats indicate in any means what-so-ever that overall deaths are reduced by removing one tool sometimes used to murder? Because like I said, dead is dead. How has England's murder rate responded to firearm prohibitions? How about Australia's?

I see over in your homeland that now they try to ban knives because knives are the new problem. Mr. Kahn himself can't understand for the life of him why anyone would need to carry a knife. What will they need to ban next? Pointed sticks? Bananas?

You also didn't bother to acknoledge from the link that I posted, that out of America's 20 deadliest mass murders, 14 of them were with something other than a gun. It's almost like many countries around the world have a murder problem, not necessarily a gun problem.

You likely take no issue that the cops in New Zealand took 36 minutes to arrive on scene of this latest mass murder eh? Too bad none of those guys killed were carrying, because that coward might have run away if he was challenged.

Finally, I was born here. I didn't move here from somewhere else then dream about changing the place to copy what I had at home; so why should I leave? It is no wonder that tolerance for immigrants is declining with you new breed of arrogant immigrants that want to change things to be like at home instead of assimilating. My parents immigrated here, they were grateful to be allowed to live here and didn't try to change the place to mimic where they left.

"In a redacted copy of the national firearms database released to Global News under access-to-information laws, only one firearm meets those criteria.
It was registered by a private individual in a rural Saskatchewan postal code in June of 2014. It was entered in the database as stolen on July 15, 2016. In the data, 24 other handguns and restricted rifles are entered as stolen on the same day in the same partial postal code. None of the guns were recovered."

Gun shop or gun dealer...

That's a spurious assumption, based on supposition. There is no proof that the gun in question came from that robbery. If it was it would have easily been traceable because it was once registered. That information would be available under the access to information act. If police already traced the gun back to the United States they have the serial number. Police gave no mention of any Saskatoon gun dealer.

have dozens of people ever been murdered by one crazy azzhole with a knife?

maybe engage thinking before posting
just last year 10 people were murdered by one crazy azzhole with a rental van.....

have dozens of people ever been murdered by one crazy azzhole with a knife?

In fact, there have been several cases of people with Samurai swords killing 5-8 people at a time. People with knives have wiped out their own families. Of course we must also remember the Oklahoma bombing that killed 168 people and injured over 600 others. That guy in France who used a straight-truck to kill 95 people. You can outlaw guns, but evil people will find a way.

was wondering how long it would take to trot out the
"then let's also ban vans" asinine argument

I'm out

you're out because your logic failed, not because the argument is asinine.

bye Felicia

Thanks for just quoting gun lobby talking points, always amusing.

Stabbing....yes, the fully or semi automatic knife. Amazing invention. Able to kill multiple people at a distance without changing position. Congrats. Another gun talking point that has no validity at all.

As for moving back to the UK why would I? For the most part Canadian laws are very sensible. Why don’t you move to the US since you seem to want the lack of regulations they have there.

If gun control doesn’t work.....then why don’t facts and statistics actually back that point up?

mass stabbing in Japan killed 19 people in 2016

where there is a will there is a way

Yup. It’s wriggle time and “what about”? Same old same old. Like climate change conspiracy theorists. I’m out too.

Reactions: J_F
since 1999 there were 70 Canadians killed in massacres vs 330 Americans killed in mass shootings (source : wikipedia)
so your chances of getting killed in a canadian massacre are roughly 1 in 530,000 vs chance of getting killed in a US mass shooting are 1 in 990,000

That's a spurious assumption, based on supposition. There is no proof that the gun in question came from that robbery. If it was it would have easily been traceable because it was once registered. That information would be available under the access to information act. If police already traced the gun back to the United States they have the serial number. Police gave no mention of any Saskatoon gun dealer.

Let me try to make this clear: they use the word "allegedly" and "Possibly" and they're getting that from an unnamed source. Not a police source. That source is saying that a similar gun was stolen from a Saskatoon gun shop, but does not specifically state it was the same gun. And then they say this:

Both Toronto and Saskatoon police declined to comment on the story

If it was the same gun, police would have confirmed it by now. They have not.

Let me try to make this clear: they use the word "allegedly" and "Possibly" and they're getting that from an unnamed source. Not a police source. That source is saying that a similar gun was stolen from a Saskatoon gun shop, but does not specifically state it was the same gun. And then they say this:

If it was the same gun, police would have confirmed it by now. They have not.

You've made yourself clear...
Just about every aspect of this story that we've heard has been thru 'sources'..
Police also didn't say that it was not stolen from as Saskatoon owner. I haven't seen anything denying it came through Saskatoon.
Do you have something where the police confirm it was smuggled across the border?
The statement that it's origins were traced back to the US doesn't count... That is a given since the gun was manufactured the US... regardless of how it made it's way onto the Danforth.

You've made yourself clear...
Just about every aspect of this story that we've heard has been thru 'sources'..
Police also didn't say that it was not stolen from as Saskatoon owner. I haven't seen anything denying it came through Saskatoon.
Do you have something where the police confirm it was smuggled across the border?
The statement that it's origins were traced back to the US doesn't count... That is a given since the gun was manufactured the US... regardless of how it made it's way onto the Danforth.

This is what the shooter's brother was caught with:

No rural Saskatchewan gun retailer keeps 33 Glocks on hand. They just don't sell that fast in Canada. Truthfully, I'm a victim of my own scrutiny also, because there really isn't anything stating with any reliability where the guns came from, and many of the links about the story from last year are gone. So, for all we know it was a corrupt cop who brought them in. Maybe the "source" they keep quoting. Regardless, legal gun owners are rarely the source of crime guns, no matter what the Toronto Police claim:

Any of the mass shooters with legally acquired weapons was a legal gun owner just prior to their crime. So, just for arguments sake, the recent Christchurch shooter was a legal gun owner, so was the Vegas shooter.
Being a registered gun owner doesn't mean they could ccw, like you are claiming.

Back
Top Bottom