Aug 13 & 14 bopping around | GTAMotorcycle.com

Aug 13 & 14 bopping around

sburns

Went up to Kawartha Lakes, got myself into one of those converted train routes then headed over to Fenelon Falls

0ecf5cdd2819143cd1b361edf9090b49.jpg

e5e488213691b8d5246c50a91066f58f.jpg

Next day was over to Fort Erie to ride Niagara parkway all the way to St Catharines. Stopping at the comfort tree and DQ in Port Colborne

2a8dffcf444b2a33bc9d92f32ae7b907.jpg

c40f0877187575edd8430d35b99de361.jpg

756b51bbf265fe264bde4aad056e6aa5.jpg

56a9cd697c6b798ba758797a6d4b39c6.jpg

3f668a96738d18c8a6d244f0f48f5ea2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went up to Kawartha Lakes, got myself into one of those converted train routes then headed over to Fenelon Falls

0ecf5cdd2819143cd1b361edf9090b49.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So that's an old rail bed? How do you find those? I want to ride them, too! Is it considered public?

via Tapatalk

So that's an old rail bed? How do you find those? I want to ride them, too! Is it considered public?
All the good stuff I find is totally by accident. I found that rail trail in Ken Reid Conservation Area (South part of Sturgeon Lake, North of Lindsay). Just bopping around the area and decided to check it out. I entered the park, then saw the signs for the trail and decided what the heck why not ride on it. Then pop I was in this open area pretty much to myself.
I know that doesn't answer your question but I am pretty sure there is a website for these trails. As for being public I think so, they have signs about "use at own risk" and only some types of use's etc.

Last edited:
Where did you take the photo with the bike on the beach? Awesome shot.
Oh that was in Port Colborne, you can park right on the beach. I actually got stuck there, had to do some digging and rocking of the bike to get it out. Was a huge pain, lesson learned...

Oh that was in Port Colborne, you can park right on the beach. I actually got stuck there, had to do some digging and rocking of the bike to get it out. Was a huge pain, lesson learned...
haha.. the photo was worth it IMO.

Most if not all these abandoned rail beds have extensive signage that motorcycles are prohibited. I know cause there is one near my cottage and have ridden the rail bed with people/hikers/bicyclists yelling at me. Oddly ATV and snowmobiles are allowed. Give thanks to those who ride 2 stroke dirt bikes who tear up the gravel leaving extensive ruts, and scaring half of nature as they scream down the road.

Riding these rail beds will get you ticketed if there is signage, which I'm 99% sure exists everywhere and I've actually been pulled over by an OPP lurking in the woods in his totally out of place Crown Vic.

Most if not all these abandoned rail beds have extensive signage that motorcycles are prohibited. I know cause there is one near my cottage and have ridden the rail bed with people/hikers/bicyclists yelling at me. Oddly ATV and snowmobiles are allowed. Give thanks to those who ride 2 stroke dirt bikes who tear up the gravel leaving extensive ruts, and scaring half of nature as they scream down the road.

Riding these rail beds will get you ticketed if there is signage, which I'm 99% sure exists everywhere and I've actually been pulled over by an OPP lurking in the woods in his totally out of place Crown Vic.

There are quite a few which allow motorcycles on them....see below

Find a Trail | Ontario Trails Council

Burns you need to follow my lead and grab a LGR Adventure bike next go round.
You won’t regret it. It’s the best of both worlds. You know you want to o_O
We also need to get together and ride some time

Burns you need to follow my lead and grab a LGR Adventure bike next go round.
You won’t regret it. It’s the best of both worlds. You know you want to o_O
We also need to get together and ride some time
Haha Oh I know, I've had the idea to get a adventure bike since I got mine.
I'm always finding myself on some gravel or dirt roads.
But I need some more insurance experience before either, I add a second bike, or make the switch.
I was thinking of a African Twin but I believe it might be too much for what I want, a 500cbx might be more of what I need, or something.
Well eventually.
Ya meeting up sounds good, but I am on a slow cruiser. Also I am in Scarborough.

But I need some more insurance experience before either, I add a second bike, or make the switch.
I was thinking of a African Twin but I believe it might be too much for what I want, a 500cbx might be more of what I need, or something.
Well eventually.
Ya meeting up sounds good, but I am on a slow cruiser. Also I am in Scarborough.
How about one of these? Kill 2 birds with one bullet.

1567356207907.png

Well eventually.

I went from an 06 Harley Davidson Road Glide to the 2015 Ktm 1190 Adventure.
My insurance went down $200 yr.

Back
Top Bottom