Argh,so now i'm a racist. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Argh,so now i'm a racist.

Wingboy

Site Supporter
Mennonite barn fire talked about on fb last nite.

Ric ****** Mennonite barn fires are too common. Probably a tangled power source (extension cord) run over by a tractor and poof.I have seen a lot of really sketchy stuff in their buildings.
Edit or delete this
  • Megan Rennie Stover
    Megan
    ******* Ric ****** what about this makes you believe it’s a Mennonite? It can be pretty harmful to make blanket accusations like this...
    Hide or report this
  • Ric Hawley
    Ric
    ****** Megan ******* Harm? Where is the harm?
    Edit or delete this
  • Megan Rennie Stover
    Megan
    ******* Ric ****** by assuming that they were neglectful because you saw something one time on a farm run by the Mennonite. Based off your statement: fire = willful neglect caused by Mennonite. To me that’s assumption, likely wrong and certainly could be taken as cultural racism. Start with assuming it was an accident and wait for the actual findings to come out before judging people so openly.
    Hide or report this
  • Ric Hawley
    Ric
    ****** Megan ******* Seriously? How many Mennonite farms have you been in direct contact with? I'll start a full investigation asap.Cultural racism? Holly crap!
    Edit or delete this

You know, barns can catch fire just by having the farmer put wet hay in it.
... there was a guy on highway 41 near Roblin that used to do that regularly.

50176637982_d2e8893720_b.jpg

How dare you make an informed opinion based on previous experience? WTF man...don't you know...these things just happen naturally and there's no preventing these things. Acts of God something something. Maybe the farmer didn't put up a sacrifice worthy of the Lord?

Leave the Mennonites alone!

Prejudiced. The word she was looking for was prejudiced.

She's just saying in a most difficult manner, that you sometimes jump to conclusions. Is she wrong?

I would have thought though, that you'd be too busy helping to rebuild a barn to post this.

Prejudiced. The word she was looking for was prejudiced.

She's just saying in a most difficult manner, that you sometimes jump to conclusions. Is she wrong?

I would have thought though, that you'd be too busy helping to rebuild a barn to post this.
How can he build a barn when he’s undergoing a thorough investigation? Focus people!

"Plant reactions and bacterial growth combine to raise temperatures in even the driest hay bales, although most never catch fire on their own. However, when hay is packed tightly, and enough moisture gets in, the conditions may be right for spontaneous hay combustion."
source: Why Does Moist, Baled and Stacked Hay Spontaneously Catch Fire?

"Plant reactions and bacterial growth combine to raise temperatures in even the driest hay bales, although most never catch fire on their own. However, when hay is packed tightly, and enough moisture gets in, the conditions may be right for spontaneous hay combustion."
source: Why Does Moist, Baled and Stacked Hay Spontaneously Catch Fire?

this is true, the barn across the road from where i lived back home caught fire this way. it was an old wooden barn they let it burn and only spray the house and other buildings around it

Mennonite farmers are not typically big users of tractors and hydro electricity in their barns, I suspect the vast majority of loaded hay barn fires are due to bad planning and natural causes.

How would one identify a Mennonite?

People that wear their religion on their sleeve should not be offended when somebody notices or comments, that's just dumb. If you want to blend in and conform with the crowd do so, otherwise you get exactly the recognition you went for in the first place, live with it.

I have been in a few barns with CNC machines running with goats and chickens in the hay between them.There is a big difference between "new order" and "old order" mennonites.We see a lot of Grand Marquis's with all the chrome painted flat black (foolish sinful pride) and yet i have a Mennonite friend named Oscar who owns a thriving business and drives a new Dodge Ram fully loaded.It is common to see a modern machine shop in a barn and the owners home right beside it with no utility hookup.Kerosene lamps and candles.

Mennonite farmers are not typically big users of tractors and hydro electricity in their barns

You've never been to any machinery auctions.

Coal oil lamps and candles are not any more dangerous then lithium and nickel cadmium batteries imho,
one can burn you, the other can explode and expose you to deadly toxins before it burns down your barn.

Your friend, he is an ordinary person that just happens to want the recognition of being affiliated with a particular religious group. They don't achieve this persona as a result of skin colour at birth or any natural human characterization, they are displaying a uniform. If some guys yells out hey guy in the vintage black uniform on seeing this! Why would that person take offence to that recognition :/ makes no sense.

Nope, I haven't been to any machinery auctions since Tom Harrison died.

Nope, I haven't been to any machinery auctions since Tom Harrison died.

Go to an auction anywhere in the west end and you're going to be bidding against Mennonites. Their auction tactics are............interesting.

Go to an auction anywhere in the west end and you're going to be bidding against Mennonites. Their auction tactics are............interesting.
So what? They are just ordinary people, why should I not be bidding against them in a public auction :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom