April 10 (Saturday) - Long Ride Start in Cambridge ON | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

April 10 (Saturday) - Long Ride Start in Cambridge ON

• Thread starter Deleted member 50930
  • Start date
All the more reason to stay off the highways.

I put a bigger windscreen but the way you sit on this bike makes tucking really difficult

If this doesn't work out I will just buy the gigantic windscreen

Picture of how hideous it looks

Z900TSd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a nice riding day!

To bypass Barrie and stay off the 400 and Hwy 11:

Hwy 27 > Hwy 400
Old Barrie Rd > Hwy 11

There are other optimizations, but they add more distance. Riding 400-series Hwys is a real buzzkill on a motorcycle, so this is a good alternative route above.
I hope he's leaving at dawn. That's starting to get really long. It is over 12.5 hours of riding and he still has another 100 km to get home. I don't know how many pit stops he needs. I would be bringing a camelbak and sandwiches and eating on the bike in boring stretches.

I hope he's leaving at dawn. That's starting to get really long. It is over 12.5 hours of riding and he still has another 100 km to get home. I don't know how many pit stops he needs. I would be bringing a camelbak and sandwiches and eating on the bike in boring stretches.

There are long days around the summer solstice. I've done riding days like that before (on a supersport even!), but yeah, if you're a newb, you might need to tap out half-way into that...

Personally, I'd cut out that Algonquin Loop. Turns are so gentle, you'd need to be doing 160+ km/h for it to be mildly entertaining. Also there's a lot of tourist traffic stopped at the side of the road, so you end up having to watch your speed anyway.

~13 hrs (Google Map Route)
~30 mins break every 210 km (fuel) * 5 times = 150 minutes = ~2.5 hrs

So I'm looking at ~15-16 hours of riding

~13 hrs (Google Map Route)
~30 mins break every 210 km (fuel) * 5 times = 150 minutes = ~2.5 hrs

So I'm looking at ~15-16 hours of riding
Probably closer to 13.5 riding if you stick to the speeds you posted at the beginning. 30 minutes for fuel is an eternity, for at least the first bunch of stops, try to keep them really short so you don't run out of time at the end. Assuming you can hit gas stations along the route, five minutes should be plenty.

Owait, you're doing this *this* weekend?

6:45 a.m.
Friday, April 9, 2021 (EDT)
Sunrise in Toronto, ON

7:53 p.m.
Thursday, April 8, 2021 (EDT)
Sunset in Toronto, ON

That's like 13 hours of daylight?
Start and finish the ride in the dark.

So... how did it go?

Pics?

Went well, traffic was very light and minimal tourists so it was very peaceful

I had to put Gooderham => Buckhorn on hold but was able to visit everything else and other random places... On the way back I took the 401 and was able to get home before 9:00 pm :D

#1 discomfort was the stock seat and #2 was the puny windscreen.

Also there was indeed lots and lots of sand.

My favorite portion was the Wahta Mohawk Territory (Bala)

More pics coming

#5.jpg#4.jpg#3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom