April 10 (Saturday) - Long Ride Start in Cambridge ON | GTAMotorcycle.com

April 10 (Saturday) - Long Ride Start in Cambridge ON

• Thread starter Deleted member 50930
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 50930

Hey All,

Anyone in KW with some experience want to be my #2 and try this route?

Some modifications..
a) Start would be somewhere in KW or Cambridge or Stratford?
b) Stop at Niagara Race Crafters

I ride a naked motorcycle but I don't want to die... I will probably go +- 15 km/h posted speed limit max and on the 401 I don't feel comfortable going past 130 km/h...

Hey All,

Anyone in KW with some experience want to be my #2 and try this route?

Some modifications..
a) Start would be somewhere in KW or Cambridge or Stratford?
b) Stop at Niagara Race Crafters

I ride a naked motorcycle but I don't want to die... I will probably go +- 15 km/h posted speed limit max and on the 401 I don't feel comfortable going past 130 km/h...
You're bypassing some of the best riding between Nanticoke and Dunnville - along the shoreline.

Maybe for your first longer ride of the season on your naked bike a slightly shorter distance would be a good start.

I took your route and routed it through the Muskoka region instead. This way you can scout out the 518 and Bunny Trail and post up the road conditions for the rest of us:)

This route will have gas stops in Orillia and Parry Sound for sure. There is also one in the heart of the Muskoka region (near Port Carling) on the 118, just east Peninsula Rd #7.

Maybe for your first longer ride of the season on your naked bike a slightly shorter distance would be a good start.

I took your route and routed it through the Muskoka region instead. This way you can scout out the 518 and Bunny Trail and post up the road conditions for the rest of us:)

This route will have gas stops in Orillia and Parry Sound for sure. There is also one in the heart of the Muskoka region (near Port Carling) on the 118, just east Peninsula Rd #7.
If he has the time, I would probably head north instead of east from home and cut out the 401/400 portion. Distance will be similar, time will probably be longer, tiredness may be similar as it is lower speed and more direction changes so less leaning into the wind.

A ride like that is no joke - especially on a naked.

Did a trip to Ottawa and back the same day.
Took a few days to recover after lol.

Yup

Took my SV650 to Ottawa and I felt like I was dead lol

thank you for these!!
If you have never been on the those roads in Muskoka area, be careful at this time of year for sand that may be on the road. They usually use sand north of Barrie and it takes a few heavy rains to wash it all off the road. Someone else might have already been up that way and can chime in if there are any bad spots, but for the most part I'd think it should be quite enjoyable.

- I cut out the 401/400 portion
- Used shanekingsley's map to find a better route up north

That's a nice riding day!

To bypass Barrie and stay off the 400 and Hwy 11:

Hwy 27 is better than Hwy 400
Old Barrie Rd is better than Hwy 11

There are other optimizations, but they add more distance. Riding 400-series Hwys is a real buzzkill on a motorcycle, so this is a good alternative route above.

Back
Top Bottom