Apple warning | GTAMotorcycle.com

Apple warning

Apple warns iPhone users who ride motorcycles that bike can damage device

Haven't found a msm link for this yet. Seems so far to me to have originated in India.

Here is the information straight from the Apple Support website:

Exposing your iPhone to high amplitude vibrations within certain frequency ranges, specifically those generated by high-power motorcycle engines, can degrade the performance of the camera system.

I remember reading this a couple years ago. Iphone 7's and onwards are affected, but seems that 6's and prior are not.

This has been known for a long time, Apple just decided to finally make official note of it.

Happens to other cellphones with similar technology as well, but of course the masses online (present company excluded) are always chomping at the bit for an anti-apple story to run with while neglecting the fact the same thing has been killing Samsung and other like cameras for years as well.

I’m on my 4th replacement Iphone 11.

Work phone, has been covered by warranty every time.

I use the phone with a Xgrip and the vibration from the bike is the cause. Had a iPhone 6 previously that had the same problem but nowhere near as bad.

They make a good product. I just absolutely refuse to be locked into their world.

They have you right where they want you, and they are experts at sucking every dollar out of your wallet they can.

Feel sorry for some of you guys...

Last edited:
They make a good product. I just absolutely refuse to be locked into their world.

They have you right where they want you, and they are experts at sucking every dollar out of your wallet they can.

I feel the same way for people trying to get warranty work/parts for their Teslas.

It’s a work phone, does everything I need it to do. I’m so conditioned to the iOS system that using my wives android just seems odd and cumbersome.

People are 50% of the issue here...
It's a f###### motorcycle...
Ride it.

Why do do many need to be "connected" no matter what activity they're involved in?

I'm going to invent a phone mount you can attach to your girlfriend/wife zo you can look at your phone while you're bangin' her...

Don't want to miss those notifications whenever the Twitter tweets.

Ride it.

Why do do many need to be "connected" no matter what activity they're involved in?

I'm going to invent a phone mount you can attach to your girlfriend/wife zo you can look at your phone while you're bangin' her...

shrug i use my phone as a gps all the time. extremely useful to me.

It’s a work phone, does everything I need it to do. I’m so conditioned to the iOS system that using my wives android just seems odd and cumbersome.

This is funny.

That's exactly how I feel when I use my wife's
Apple phone or kids iPad

I want to throw the thing out the window

Ride it.

Or just get that land line I'm telling you about. No notifications. Another nod for the LL.

Back
Top Bottom