Apple warning | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Apple warning

This is the same on my iPhone
is it still under warranty?

i contacted support and they want me to try updating to iOS 15. i doubt it, but i'm willing to play ball.

next step is apple store repair

i contacted support and they want me to try updating to iOS 15. i doubt it, but i'm willing to play ball.

They always ask you to update tot he latest iOS, even if it's an obvious hardware problem. So I always tell them that I'm on the latest one.

Apple went from "wow" warranty experience to a frustrating one in the last 10 years - I still remember times when they were replacing iPhones on a spot with even a smallest problem. But they too big now to give a sh1t.

Phone fixed in an hr, no charge as it was under warranty.

All set!
even with the dampening accessory you still needed repairs?

Seems like a design issue. They didnt provide any way to lock the floating camera in place. To be fair, that takes some money and space and introduces another thing that can fail. I have very little faith that a small external damper will provide sufficient protection. It may extend your mbtf from one ride to 10 rides. I'd mount an old phone to the bike and keep the new phone somewhere safer with the hotspot on.

don't use the dampener, i have it mounted to the OEM GPS cradle.

Seems like a design issue. They didnt provide any way to lock the floating camera in place. To be fair, that takes some money and space and introduces another thing that can fail. I have very little faith that a small external damper will provide sufficient protection. It may extend your mbtf from one ride to 10 rides. I'd mount an old phone to the bike and keep the new phone somewhere safer with the hotspot on.
yes it will be staying in my pocket from now on, i rock ear buds for navigation anyways.

yes it will be staying in my pocket from now on, i rock ear buds for navigation anyways.
I very rarely use "navigation" on a bike but love moving map to see what unknown roads look like/where they go (and cops).

I very rarely use "navigation" on a bike but love moving map to see what unknown roads look like/where they go (and cops).
true. as you said, i could buy an older phone and use it for GPS if i really wanted to.

Back
Top Bottom