Anyone weave back and forth before coming to a stop? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone weave back and forth before coming to a stop?

I do drive a car and 'cagers' seem to take a lot of (unnecessary) bashing. I don't think they're out to get us. Since I started riding a motorcycle, I believe that has made me a better driver. As a rider, I personally believe it is up to me to take whatever (and every) precaution necessary to keep myself safe on the road.

Very true. But part of that safety precaution for me, is to believe that every cager seriously wants to kill me and make it look like an accident :p keeps me out of trouble.

Very true. But part of that safety precaution for me, is to believe that every cager seriously wants to kill me and make it look like an accident :p keeps me out of trouble.

Well, if believing that keeps you safe and alive, excellent! Unfortunately, there are riders who ride as though they are trying, or want, to be killed.

i do that sometimes as well. started doing it after reading some article about it. i also move my head around when coming to an intersection where others cars are waiting to turn.

... Why would anyone make fun of you on this forum? Oh yea, because they make fun of nearly anyone. Unfortunately this is how this forum functions.

I described my helmet, and I stressed that choosing a helmet is a very
personal choice, and I got a response that was very much in this tone:

That's the stupidest reason I ever read for making the wrong choice!

As if the responder were the final judge of what gear would suit my individual needs!!!

I think that's a horrible idea. A lot of the crap gets built up in the middle of the road and it gets especially worse just before a stoplight. Red lights are also a place where people like to change lanes abruptly to get to the front of the empty lane.

Your best bet would be to flash the brakes a couple of times and look behind you (it always works 'cause it catches their attention).

Bad idea. There are much better ways to increase one's visibility without having to do a potentially dangerous maneuver while braking at the same time. Take brake light modulators, high visibility helmets/vests, reflectors, etc. If they don't see me regardless whether I'm moving or stopped they are effin blind.

image.php

Edit: All that time and concentrated effort invested in SMIDSY and other engaging maneuvers is much better used in assessing the situation, adjusting one's speed, covering the brakes, preparing for an emergency stop or swerve, flashing your headlights, checking the position of the car's tires, checking where the driver is looking, etc.

This applies to weaving when there's no intention to stop. It's definitely out of the question in situations like that from the OP.

Last edited:

Too funny!

Back
Top Bottom