Anyone know what this could be? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone know what this could be?

Ok so the mystery continues....

Go outside to do some yard work, last little bit of leaves. And it's all smokey. Just seems to be everywhere. Check out the vents on the neighbour nothing noticeable, dam! Do the yard work, smoke doesn't let up.
Take a walk down the street it seems the source lets up a bit but still present. Notice a neighbours house on the opposite side of the street with smokey vapours coming out the top side of the house. Walk to the other end of the street presence is still there less noticeable.

Watched this house for a bit longer vapours still there. I was thinking it might be some other type of exhaust and it might stop, but no it was constant. The smoke smell did lessen a bit but not a lot, there isn't much wind today, I guess what little wind might be moving the smell around, and I guess I'm just lucky to have it impact my area more then the rest somehow.
Go inside and I just reek of smoke now..... :cautious:

Anyhow Picture below, there is no chimney as you can see, and as indicated the smoke was coming from this area of the house. Does that make any sense to anyone?

steam.png

Does your user name have anything to do with this thread? Like s..t burns or something? You can't be investigating every single house in the neighbourhood for potential smoke without true passion for fire . Just kidding, but I think ( based on this thread with pictures, sketches, pointing arrows, calls to FD, now another unrelated house) that this is going a bit too far. Cold weather is here, people use wood burning fireplaces and smoke travels. There is coffee roasting factory on Dundas and Stanfield in Mississauga, but some days we smell strong burning coffee odour good 3 km from that place.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

you should set up your car with the cameras Google uses to update their Google street view and drive around the neighborhood every half hour to see if anyone has moved their cars in the driveway. Also Basspro shop has some great wildlife cameras you could set up in a tree and point it at your next door neighbor house without them noticing.

Does your user name have anything to do with this thread? Like s..t burns or something? You can't be investigating every single house in the neighbourhood for potential smoke without true passion for fire . Just kidding, but I think ( based on this thread with pictures, sketches, pointing arrows, calls to FD, now another unrelated house) that this is going a bit too far. Cold weather is here, people use wood burning fireplaces and smoke travels. There is coffee roasting factory on Dundas and Stanfield in Mississauga, but some days we smell strong burning coffee odour good 3 km from that place.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
Yes I understand I am not trying to be a nosy nit pick neighbour. But it's smoke not just smell, inhaling this $$hit isn't healthy. And should I be this impacted by it? I know everyone has their own level of tolerances, but should I be sitting here after about an hour outside and reek like smoke and feel like coughing. I've changed my clothes and still stink. If it was just a smell it wouldn't be a issue.

not a grow op I dont think. grow op houses use carbon filters to effectively remove their smell. it does not smell like smoke at all. A grow op tell is a stream of steam coming out one or more vents and/or even a chimney.

this sounds more like meth lab exhaust to me yikes

I know nothing about meth labs other than what Ive seen on "breaking bad" lol

sub'd

neighbor used to burn off cuts of finished material to heat his garage. The scent of burning plastic amongst wood was none too pleasant. Some people are not too bright and more often just inconsiderate.

I delivered a hot tub 2 weeks ago to a customer and his air conditioner was running...smelled a bit skunky around his house. probably had a basement full of it growing.

But it's smoke not just smell, inhaling this $$hit isn't healthy. .................. but should I be sitting here after about an hour outside and reek like smoke and feel like coughing. I've changed my clothes and still stink.

I may be going out on a limb here but I will assume you aren't a smoker... :D

Neighbour 2 doors down here used to burn their garbage in their empty swimming pool...until the neighbour and then later, me, called the FD on them.

neighbor used to burn off cuts of finished material to heat his garage. The scent of burning plastic amongst wood was none too pleasant. Some people are not too bright and more often just inconsiderate.

Some friends out in the country lived next door to an electrician that used a burn barrel to get rid of the insulation on scrap wire. That stuff is brutal.

not a grow op I dont think. grow op houses use carbon filters to effectively remove their smell. it does not smell like smoke at all. A grow op tell is a stream of steam coming out one or more vents and/or even a chimney.

this sounds more like meth lab exhaust to me yikes

I know nothing about meth labs other than what Ive seen on "breaking bad" lol

sub'd

Not a meth lab…it would smell very different.

Is this maybe a neighbours chimney that hasn’t been cleaned and is full of creosote? That will stink.

And burn a building to the ground.
I had a chimney do bad things at the inlaws cottage. Airtight stove with no way to shut off air completely and a stupid stove design with no reasonable way to plug chimney. Not a good situation. Pushed them to get it cleaned properly afterwards. Stack comes out low on the roof so it is an ugly situation where you are 10' above the roof (~30' agl) to clean the chimney. I'd do it if I had to but price to get it done was very reasonable. I used to clean my parents chimney every year, with access, it's not that bad.

Back
Top Bottom