anyone know of a reputable used appliances store in the GTA? | GTAMotorcycle.com

anyone know of a reputable used appliances store in the GTA?

EC2010

In particular, dishwasher. Doesn't need to be stainless steel. Thanks.

We recently checked out a few used appliance stores for fridges for our rental properties; Barcelona Used Appliances comes to mind (a couple locations).

Even when cleaned up, appliances are never as nice as new so we decided to buy new. Not worth it to take on someones old stuff to save a couple hundred bucks.

Last edited:
In particular, dishwasher. Doesn't need to be stainless steel. Thanks.
Have you checked any ReStore locations?

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

^^this.
We just had our almost never used dishwasher picked up by them.
In Mississauga too, so perhaps it went to the Dixie store.
It was super clean and in perfect working order.
Good luck!

Thanks all!

That's a great suggestion with ReStore. I'll go check out the local one.

Thanks all!

That's a great suggestion with ReStore. I'll go check out the local one.

Let us know how it turns out. The last time I went into a restore (many years ago) I was shocked at how high the prices were. It made no sense to buy anything there. Hopefully that was an exception.

Oakville Restore is the absolute best! Cheap pricing, great quality. But you got to go frequently as stuff moves fast.

I frequent most from Niagara to Oakville and everything in between.

Hamilton and St Catharines are crap and priced way too high. I bring a trailer to Oakville.

As for dishwashers or any appliance, unless it’s free, go get something new.

It’s not the used appliance store fault but, you never know when something is going to go and serving them doesn’t make sense from a labour standpoint.

Unless you go high end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Let us know how it turns out. The last time I went into a restore (many years ago) I was shocked at how high the prices were. It made no sense to buy anything there. Hopefully that was an exception.

Updates:

I visited the store near Woodbine & 407. Good selection on dishwashers (about 10 of them). Pricing not so good even for decent looking ones. For the <$100 ones, they are your typical white colour ones and I'll need to put in some serious cleaning. For anything stainless steels, it's $250 and up. Like it was mentioned above, another couple hundreds can net me a brand new one.

I am going to check out a couple other locations and see how it is. So far I am not turned off by it. It's similar to shopping on Kijiji for used items, except I get to see all of it at one location before I pay.

We recently checked out a few used appliance stores for fridges for our rental properties; Barcelona Used Appliances comes to mind (a couple locations).

Even when cleaned up, appliances are never as nice as new so we decided to buy new. Not worth it to take on someones old stuff to save a couple hundred bucks.

We purchased an used electric stove from http://barcelonaappliances.ca/index.html a couple of years ago. Old stove died and we were not ready to buy our be-all-end-all stove yet. Overall we were happy but keep in mind when you buy from a used appliance place that they need to make their mark-up so the savings are not usually epic like maybe you will find on KIJIJI. If you look at their online reviews people are either happy or unhappy... Lots of risk buying anything mechanical used IMO like a fridge or dishwasher.

Have you considered scratch and dent? We buy all of our new appliances from theses guys https://www.faulknersappliance.com/ and they have always been top notch to us. They sell a lot of higher end stuff, they have a scratch and dent (and cheaper) section in the basement, you need to make the trip or at least give them a call.

Last edited:
Used appliances can save some dough but a used dishwasher would sketch me out because when they fail they often flood out the kitchen. JS.

I have heard that some people clean their 'toys' in the dishwasher. Just something to ponder when buying used.

:)

@EC2010 not used, but I just heard on the radio that the Bay's one day sale today is a Bosch dishwasher, $500 off selling for $599, ome of the quietest on the market (as per commercial).

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Thanks Joe Bass and Kedo. that is a great deal for a good looking dishwasher.

I ended up visiting another ReStore.... $30 for a black kenmore dishwasher with everything intact. They have a stainless steel Fridgidaire for $50, but the seal looks a bit beat up and parts of it melted. With ReStore, they don't know if they work or not, but I have 30 days to return it for store credit. Figures I can't lose to give it a try. Worst case scenario, I return it for store credit to pick up some filters and sealants, or a light. Even a toss away, it's a $30 donation to a good cause.

Thanks Joe Bass and Kedo. that is a great deal for a good looking dishwasher.

I ended up visiting another ReStore.... $30 for a black kenmore dishwasher with everything intact. They have a stainless steel Fridgidaire for $50, but the seal looks a bit beat up and parts of it melted. With ReStore, they don't know if they work or not, but I have 30 days to return it for store credit. Figures I can't lose to give it a try. Worst case scenario, I return it for store credit to pick up some filters and sealants, or a light. Even a toss away, it's a $30 donation to a good cause.

Awesome outcome.

Awesome outcome.

Yes indeed. I learned there can be such a huge difference in pricing with different location. The one at Woodbine was pricing at an insane level. Even ones that were dirty and yellow (formerly white) they were selling for $80-$125. Stainless steel ones were at $250-350. The one I went to is a small neighbourhood one, with only 6 dishwashers (I bought one at $30). There was a Fridgidaire stainless steel for $50, and the rests were $20 each. A lot more reasonable.

Back
Top Bottom