Anyone know how to fix motorcycle parts retail in Canada? | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone know how to fix motorcycle parts retail in Canada?

Like next to the canal, rode there lots: Turn right at the old truck rim, over the huge concrete block with rebar sticking out of it, exit where the burned out car body is :| & watch out for the broken bottles. Place is awesome, they always have checkers.

The “next to the canal” comment reminded me of the times my dad used to compete in trials events held at the Robin Hood flour quarry in Welland. We used to go and watch the ships go by in the canal.

Rob

The “next to the canal” comment reminded me of the times my dad used to compete in trials events held at the Robin Hood flour quarry in Welland. We used to go and watch the ships go by in the canal.

Rob
That's the place Trials is talking about. The SOCT has a trial at a location ion the opposite side of the canal now. The Robin Hood quarry is closed. I rode there many times in the 70's.

You're reading too much into this. No malice intended on Honda Canada's part, they're just flat out incompetent. If the part is available from factory they can supply, usually within 3-4 weeks. Anyone that tells you otherwise is lying.
Oh it's looking very malicious all right, to everyone that bought a Montesa and tries to ride it in Canada.
They are literally pulling the plug on the product line but only in Canada! If they did the same thing with the Wing or any other product there would be plenty said about it.

(y) Rob what's your dad's first name, we probably know him :cool:

Oh it's looking very malicious all right, to everyone that bought a Montesa and tries to ride it in Canada.
They are literally pulling the plug on the product line but only in Canada! If they did the same thing with the Wing or any other product there would be plenty said about it.

(y) Rob what's your dad's first name, we probably know him :cool:

His name is also Rob, but goes by Bob as well. Last name is Lambke.
He used to ride with a group of guys like Dave Herring, Jeff Ditner, Fred Gayford all from around KW area. I used to go and watch and remember names of other riders like Bob Wardle, Crazy Jamie from Branford...a British guy named Neil...some other guy named Dave, who I think sells trials bike still...I bought him a trials association tshirt at the bike show a few years back.

Rob

His name is also Rob, but goes by Bob as well. Last name is Lambke.
He used to ride with a group of guys like Dave Herring, Jeff Ditner, Fred Gayford all from around KW area. I used to go and watch and remember names of other riders like Bob Wardle, Crazy Jamie from Branford...a British guy named Neil...some other guy named Dave, who I think sells trials bike still...I bought him a trials association tshirt at the bike show a few years back.

Rob
Lots of familiar names. Bob Wardle still very active.
Crazy Jamie McGregor is a good friend.Just had both hips replaced.And hosts the Cdn Vintage Bicycle Show.Good as new!
Neil Carter is the Sherco man.
Dave Butler and his wife Joyce also go back to the 70's.They are D&J Cycle up north in Utterson.

Jamie at the SCR trial Waterdown 1980 National.I still remember him and another rider pushing his broken 348 Montesa up the big hill.
qsLyiHt.jpg

Another pic of Jamie.This one a bit more recent.
DuAtzAA.jpg

Crazy Jamie McGregor is a good friend.Just had both hips replaced.And hosts the Cdn Vintage Bicycle Show.Good as new!
I wonder if he still has my dads old CCM Red Bird I gave him something like 20 years ago. :unsure:

Lots of familiar names. Bob Wardle still very active.
Neil Carter is the Sherco man.
Dave Butler and his wife Joyce also go back to the 70's.They are D&J Cycle up north in Utterson.

Jamie at the SCR trial Waterdown 1980 National.

Went to the Waterdown comps with my dad many, many times.
I imagine that land has all been swallowed up by subdivisions by now.

My dad used to ride out at Goddard’s place out towards Paris too.

Rob

Went to the Waterdown comps with my dad many, many times.
I imagine that land has all been swallowed up by subdivisions by now.

My dad used to ride out at Goddard’s place out towards Paris too.

Rob
It wasn't the subdivisions that forced the closure of the Waterdown property. Locals wanted it kept open. Their kids played there on bikes. Pressure from the Bruce Trail was significant. When my wife and i hiked thru there 20 years ago on our end to end, the rock section on the east side with "Millers Rock" was still looking good.
I'm pretty sure Gord Goddard sold his property.

I was born in 89
wow this place is old

Me too. Lol

I feel like there's a titanic joke somewhere here

I was born in 89
wow this place is old
I was born in '92, you're old. And I've been on this site for over a decade ?

After working in dealerships for 8ish years, so glad to be out of it lol. It can be fun but the pay is **** and bosses are **** (in respect to my last shop).

Most of the giant catalogues don't have pricing in them, you have to log into their website to cheque numbers, and your cost is different from others based on how much you buy. If you're a busy shop it typically only takes a day or two to get things in, if it's longer it's likely the off season or the shop just doesn't sell enough to do daily orders.

I was born in '92, you're old. And I've been on this site for over a decade ?
Back in my day, we didnt have tinder! we had to meet women the old fashioned way :ROFLMAO:

Most of the giant catalogues don't have pricing in them, you have to log into their website to cheque numbers, and your cost is different from others based on how much you buy. If you're a busy shop it typically only takes a day or two to get things in, if it's longer it's likely the off season or the shop just doesn't sell enough to do daily orders.
Huh, had no idea they gave shop specific pricing. Seems like a pretty crap deal in this age of finding the lowest price online in a matter of minutes. Yet another holdover from a pre-online-shopping era. This maybe explains some of the higher pricing I was quoted, as I avoid the big box dealerships as a general rule.

As for lead times, nothing has been anywhere near two days. Just picked up a clutch line and some sparkplugs I ordered. Clutch line was six weeks, plugs were two weeks.

On the plus side, I did have good luck with tires from Ace Moto Tech in Milton. I wanted a set of Dunlop Q4's for the RC, and Pete's was by far the cheapest I could find online. Ace Moto was more for the tires, but when you added the install discount and subtracted the shipping cost, it was only a bit more expensive. As I said at the outset of the thread, I don't mind spending a bit more to support local, so this was a no brainer. Adrian at Ace was great, delivery was quick, install took 45 minutes (I brought rims), everybody is happy. I'll definitely be going back...

Back
Top Bottom