Anyone into Photography? | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone into Photography?

It’s actually cheaper to take your files to WalMart and have them printed there as opposed to supplying your own high end paper and inks.
I worked in the printing industry for 28 years… I have experience with this stuff.
A friend bought a large format printer on a whim. Something like 4' or 5' wide and as long as you want. I never printed anything on it as cost of supplies to feed it exceeded my ability to pay. Unless you are selling work at commercial rates, the economics were awful.

A friend bought a large format printer on a whim. Something like 4' or 5' wide and as long as you want. I never printed anything on it as cost of supplies to feed it exceeded my ability to pay. Unless you are selling work at commercial rates, the economics were awful.

Yeah, I don’t think I’d go much larger than 13x19 as at $2-4 a sheet for quality paper that’s easily tolerable and the ink levels don’t seem to have shifted over 10+ prints of various sizes on different papers. 17x22 is the next step up which makes a really nice sized print but then the costs really start to ramp up (especially with the printer cost). I’ll take some photos of the prints I’ve made to see if you can see the quality. I’m super impressed. Ink jet printers have come so far since my last one.

C
Yeah, I don’t think I’d go much larger than 13x19 as at $2-4 a sheet for quality paper that’s easily tolerable and the ink levels don’t seem to have shifted over 10+ prints of various sizes on different papers. 17x22 is the next step up which makes a really nice sized print but then the costs really start to ramp up (especially with the printer cost). I’ll take some photos of the prints I’ve made to see if you can see the quality. I’m super impressed. Ink jet printers have come so far since my last one.
Careful with that. I know that my old Epson wide format printer was kind of like a car's gas tank in that it wouldn't move for several prints, then dropped like a rock.

Michael’s seems to be the place to go for frames as was mentioned by Rob. I think I caught them on the right day with a buy one get one 50% and a 30% off coupon plus a 15% teachers discount.

3 frames for about $65. One 13 x 19 no matt and two 11x14s with 8x10 matts. Decent quality, glass fronts. The bargain is the 13x19 as it worked out to be about $13 that was plastic frame though, the others are wood framed.

They look pretty good I think. Dahlias from the garden on ultra premium matte paper and one of my dogs on ultra premium glossy in B&W. Since decided that I don't like that black border inside the frame though.
0571b20b5357e6295d1b5b3bdb1c9379.jpg
14d62b484f3001d592f675f21c619dcd.jpg
5fcdd418b05eed4822d02ca388f074ad.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

Michael’s seems to be the place to go for frames as was mentioned by Rob. I think I caught them on the right day with a buy one get one 50% and a 30% off coupon plus a 15% teachers discount.

3 frames for about $65. One 13 x 19 no matt and two 11x14s with 8x10 matts. Decent quality, glass fronts. The bargain is the 13x19 as it worked out to be about $13 that was plastic frame though, the others are wood framed.
Also check your receipt. They generally act as a coupon because they want to keep you coming back, regularly. It will be time limited though.

After a week of searching for the best prices for high end paper, it seems Canada Computers have the best prices on paper locally and Red River from the US too.

Back
Top Bottom