Anyone in Kingston? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone in Kingston?

I'm 1 hour ride to the north, we're still part of the greater Toronto area aren't we :unsure:

The chip truck tour sounds pretty good, but you need to meet Mr.Chips in Napanee if you want the real meal.
Only for inclusion of the areas with incredibly terrible drivers. Once you get an hour or so east, it gets better, before it get worse again.

Just put a photo location 60 miles away and they can catch you while you are sitting at a charger :)
Can those charge off of the Tesla and e car chargers that are popping up everywhere?

Can those charge off of the Tesla and e car chargers that are popping up everywhere?
Zeros can't charge off Tesla chargers but the LiveWire can. Zeros can charge off other car chargers though, if they have the power charger. It's Level 2 versus 3 charging.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Thanks so much!

@shanekingsley

Opinicon is amazing. And it's close enough that I can take the Zero there, plus there are charging stations at the Locks :)
I have somewhat limited experience, but I get the impression that if you go farther north (like north of Westport,) you don't have those super twisty lower speed roads (like Opinicon, Desert Lake, Burnt Hills), and instead, you get faster sweepers (like Bollingbroke, 509, etc. All of these are also excellent). Do you think that's accurate or am I missing something and totally off base?

Thanks so much!

@shanekingsley

Opinicon is amazing. And it's close enough that I can take the Zero there, plus there are charging stations at the Locks :)
I have somewhat limited experience, but I get the impression that if you go farther north (like north of Westport,) you don't have those super twisty lower speed roads (like Opinicon, Desert Lake, Burnt Hills), and instead, you get faster sweepers (like Bollingbroke, 509, etc. All of these are also excellent). Do you think that's accurate or am I missing something and totally off base?
No that's pretty accurate. South Lavant Road #16 which is on the north side of Hwy 7 can be pretty tight with somewhat poor pavement and lots of banked and/or blind corners, so it's a road I like to hit up anytime I'm in the area. It's nice to ride that Frontenac region, because there is a good mix of road types and not too much traffic either.

No that's pretty accurate. South Lavant Road #16 which is on the north side of Hwy 7 can be pretty tight with somewhat poor pavement and lots of banked and/or blind corners, so it's a road I like to hit up anytime I'm in the area. It's nice to ride that Frontenac region, because there is a good mix of road types and not too much traffic either.

I was on South Lavant the other day and it’s so much fun around Poland and a few kms along from there but then all of a sudden the road goes to ****. I’m hoping that it gets fixed up at some point as I’d ride out there all the time. The 509 is perennial fun though and the surface is good throughout.

I was in downtown Kingston Sunday afternoon, delivered a boat in. They have done a great job of the downtown core with patios galore and keeping the vibe of the historic buildings, should be a template for towns trying to generate a tourist core. Pedestrian traffic was a bit thick for my comfort level, but 30hrs on the boat, needed a walk around.

What's the job market like for a truck driver and a teacher (I also have banking and logistics experience - although it's from 20-25 years ago)...

What's the job market like for a truck driver and a teacher (I also have banking and logistics experience - although it's from 20-25 years ago)...
The problem with teachers is the kick in the nuts your seniority takes if you change boards. Even if there is a job, it's not the same job you moved from. Stupid system all around.

Kingston:
Bilingual teacher? NP
My truck driver friend has no problem finding work when he is healthy enough to work.

@GreyGhost oh I know all about regulation 274...worst thing ever...might consider a career change, especially with the current situation in elementary schools...I teach grade 2, and having 20 kids in class without masks or social distancing is giving me stress...

You would be all set, bilingual is a ticket into all kinds of job opportunities in the city of Kingston.
Government and healthcare is a huge employer, private industry not so much.

Hi everyone!
I know this forum is about the GTA, but I did grow up there, so I'm kinda crossing my fingers and hoping it's okay for me to post this.

I've been in Kingston for ~3 years now, and boy oh boy, this must be the best city in Ontario for riding (except maybe Ottawa?). Incredible roads out here! I love it, but the only issue is that all my friends/family are back in the GTA/Waterloo.

Anyone on this forum live in the Kingston area and want to ride together? I've only been riding for 2 years, but I think I'm not completely bad at it. And I finally feel ready for some group rides/social events.

If it matters, I'm 26 y/o. Would love to make friends my age, but happy to meet anyone!
Thanks!
I live in kingston now

I'm around. Been mostly racing but I had both Aprilias out for a ride last week. Went up around Perth, came back Old Kingston road etc. etc.

I unfortunately know just about every road around here. Unfortunately because I've ridden them all about 100 times lol

Back
Top Bottom