Anyone here a cyclist? | Page 32 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone here a cyclist?

the third photo is just a completely unrideable 5km double black diamond trail. for someone who loves tech that was just misery. Would be a good hike, but on a bike, it was hell.

View attachment 46879

That looks like fun.

That looks like fun.
On the way down it's amazing especially if the bike has good suspension it just eats up the rocks.

Uphill could be fun as well so long as it's short, punchy and more importantly "doable". Which I guess is relative.

Unrelated but this guy is amazing.

On the way down it's amazing especially if the bike has good suspension it just eats up the rocks.

Uphill could be fun as well so long as it's short, punchy and more importantly "doable". Which I guess is relative.

It the french version of @Trials . "Just bunny hop a meter while decending the cliff face to get to another cliff face". "Great, I'll try that." F me. I'd be dead.

It the french version of @Trials . "Just bunny hop a meter while decending the cliff face to get to another cliff face". "Great, I'll try that." F me. I'd be dead.
Yeah and i mean the camera never does it justice. It's only when it's you staring over your handlebars do you realize the consequences.

Trying to keep my cardio in shape and getting out for about an hour in the snow.

859840215e3e5bdf9bbb08a4edc04103.jpg

8386a448697e84d5ac31aca14f13a46c.jpg

c10aaeadde8faaff7b554b266f144f00.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Flintstones section on the old World Cup Downhill course at Bromont is nastier. Watching the pros go through it makes you realize where you sit in the food chain. They rooftop the rocks through it.

GTSUHuM5SbwlDzcs3tpWy_9HKboWlMrbpQnCX5xQe1FJCS-vDTMytVUruyMOmLzmvjyvMa0NoC27dlqOBuMHQTNZ11KLHp6iGqHIAwyN3pXQhh_VRVF-Icj1WiHILzm7erQb1jzY1KMvsPAOx7l8FOD1wnQpMcHU8OBrd5LNw0u1_fXxBYj-9gJ-pmLuutWUBWFDv5FwCmX1dGfMhcnv8LtuacdHvh_cRoCmWf--Skcrbrvgii9aMZDeUXz6OhefsdLiQrWbbmstnHK2Ije1kdTEQ9WQyS7pHwudesQXm9gk7dwmVLOOmiX9Ybr1g2YQz9ENBUelp3FZcSYMCEjMtmGDh0K6-wTMFnwA7z7aLsItYMYUMflohC2hx_XOnhNfn7cMs1zCrSzT9BWQJUzX0YFKNKpBUXwq9aAqX6XzSXRdJvZShw_wW4PjstmjbyRAdjwxRHwibYINMCcbCTvLtxlNw_v79Mzfwt4loMfZENfTnI2uawCg1c5IdiEGbJGAYD8njGVDJQn4XOw1mFBhikZcGrmbWpm5aKbueqPc3eS1RT0bke2N2xJDRiIuCtqIXcUSCmw2AG5Y9__iICyCuMCvdx2EIHxBAB2EcY3BZFVdJnPf5iB590_K-PN8Qrly_6R2_BUE8RSwTgy-JWMf8Ng7CneTswc65_oAsloAcIG8yOWi8rcRvyj0iJYr=w297-h417-no

There's some clips from the World Cup race in 99 along with the DS and 4X in this video. They removed some of the rocks in the section after 98.

Bromont was always a good MTB ride but every-time I went it was cold (including middle of summer), just bad luck I guess.

As for rock gardens, I have always hated them but at the same time I don't ever remember crashing in one.... and I crashed plenty.

I've never seen a happy fat-bike rider. Sure they stop and take a photo and post it smiling away saying how much fun they're having but have you actually seen someone on one smiling? Nope, they're cold faced and usually cursing the trail they're on.
Saw one Wednesday while I was sledding. I was smiling ear to ear in my helmet launching off random bumps on my sled and passed by a miserable looking fat-bike rider (as he was going the wrong direction on the one-way section of E108 trail).

I've never seen a happy fat-bike rider. Sure they stop and take a photo and post it smiling away saying how much fun they're having but have you actually seen someone on one smiling? Nope, they're cold faced and usually cursing the trail they're on.
Saw one Wednesday while I was sledding. I was smiling ear to ear in my helmet launching off random bumps on my sled and passed by a miserable looking fat-bike rider (as he was going the wrong direction on the one-way section of E108 trail).

The wind discouraged me from heading out today with gusts up to 80km/h.

But, I can honestly say I’m having a blast riding in the winter. Smiles underneath my balaclava. Maybe the novelty wears off quickly? Too soon to tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The wind discouraged me from heading out today with gusts up to 80km/h.

But, I can honestly say I’m having a blast riding in the winter. Smiles underneath my balaclava. Maybe the novelty wears off quickly? Too soon to tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a friend that has been using his fat bike for years. Many weekends he throws 80 lbs of construction waste in a trailer and pulls it 15 km to the dump. Sounds like my idea of hell but he loves it.

I threw some better speakers near the trainer to make it suck less (for me, my wife is now more annoyed by it). Now running Tannoy Reveal 6P's (powered w 150 wpc) and a Paradigm 10" sub (powered with a 400W amp) that has been kicking around. Sub is a little meh, but overall, a huge improvement.

I threw some better speakers near the trainer to make it suck less (for me, my wife is now more annoyed by it). Now running Tannoy Reveal 6P's (powered w 150 wpc) and a Paradigm 10" sub (powered with a 400W amp) that has been kicking around. Sub is a little meh, but overall, a huge improvement.
My buddy was getting rid of his computer speaker/sub kit. It was almost too big for my motorcycle... but i got it, makes the sessions a lot easier

My winter indoor set-up is in the living room where I have a pair of vintage JBL L46s I got from a fellow GTAMer that I restored (classic west coast speakers). The bike is off to the side but you can't have everything...

11 SPD cassette machined for 10 SPD hub. :) 10 SPD derailleurs working well for 11 SPD. Also the tektro 926 vbrake amaizing with the 11 SPD 105 brifters.
38a5836b22a4349eab54ba9b94c88268.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Wow. Why put in that much effort? Just because?

I really like my Jake the snake. $10 for the machining plus the brifters. The brakes were $30. The minimal effort was well worth it to get 11 SPD for 2000m vertical rides.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Wow. Why put in that much effort? Just because?
One way to go if you want to upgrade the rear without buying a new wheel, it works.

The other option is to replace the freehub for the larger cassette version and re-dish/space the wheel (if required). Done this one many times to upgrade older 7 speed to 9 or 10. It can be hard finding the freehubs lately for a reasonable price (I had to start using bikeinn).

One way to go if you want to upgrade the rear without buying a new wheel, it works.

The other option is to replace the freehub for the larger cassette version and re-dish/space the wheel (if required). Done this one many times to upgrade older 7 speed to 9 or 10. It can be hard finding the freehubs lately for a reasonable price (I had to start using bikeinn).
7 to 9 or 10 makes sense to me as that is a big change. 10 to 11 didn't seem worth the time and money but it was a lot cheaper than I expected so there's no real downside.

On a related note, wife was harassing me for a bike again yesterday. She is competent but doesn't have a ton of miles under her belt. To start, I think flat pedals and either a hybrid or softish road bike (roubaix?). Obviously the road bike will be much faster and lighter but I'm not sure if she'd still find it stiffer than she wanted. I contemplated giving her the Fiori but it has shifters on the downtube so I don't think she would appreciate that and it rides really high so you have to tip it over when you stop to get your foot down which again she would not appreciate.

Back
Top Bottom