Anyone here a cyclist? | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone here a cyclist?

Cheating at trainer races has become its own art form. Hell, enough wahoo trainers go nuts on their own that it isn't unusual to see people putting down 5000+ watts. The software hasn't been programmed to kick people when that happens. Apparently they clean it up in post but what the hell. I see trainer races as a motivational tool, not as something with any correlation to reality.

On the peloton front, there are some hilarious memes made out of their ads roughly along the lines of "buys 2 million dollar home, plants bicycle right in the middle of the living room"

Yes, Fullmoto. I can't remember the year I bought it, but I think around '76. Had a Peugot U08 which was stolen and I replaced it with the Bottecchia. My buddy replaced his with a Garlati. Nice bike, all chrome. Can't remember how many times that got stolen. L

I laugh when I read silly memes about how expensive road bikes are.

Go race a Superbike.... then road bikes are basically free. I bought my Giant Propel used. It’s so fast it feels like I’m cheating.

But most of my riding is on a trainer in the garage. Le sigh....
Good on your for having the discipline. I was convinced i was still going to do some structured training on the trainer this summer and that all went out the window. Now instead i do my commute's CAT 6 racing.

Mike Woods from Toronto is doing quite well in his first TOF

Yes i was watching last night he was in the lead group, fell asleep with 50kms left. Looks like todays stage was cancelled, so i will have chance to see how Woods finished yesterday via PVR.

CRC no longer ships shimano to canada or US!? Faaaaak.

Jan 1. They were kneecapped for undercutting foreign wholesale.

My buddy was ordering Shmoo groups from CRC and selling them to his customers at slightly over his wholesale cost direct from Shmoo for an ok profit. The US retailers were losing it on HO in Japan and started using the same 'business plan' as my buddy. Shmoo saw their N/A wholesale sales went down at the same rate as their sales to CRC went up. 2 + 2 = 4, and they pulled the plug on CRC

Jan 1. They were kneecapped for undercutting foreign wholesale.

My buddy was ordering Shmoo groups from CRC and selling them to his customers at slightly over his wholesale cost direct from Shmoo for an ok profit. The US retailers were losing it on HO in Japan and started using the same 'business plan' as my buddy. Shmoo saw their N/A wholesale sales went down at the same rate as their sales to CRC went up. 2 + 2 = 4, and they pulled the plug on CRC
Whatever happened to Suntour? Their stuff was better than everyone else's and cost less.

Whatever happened to Suntour? Their stuff was better than everyone else's and cost less.
Huh? I've seen lots of sun tour in my day and I wouldnt classify what I saw as better. It was always the bargain basement stuff for builds where shimano didnt offer anything cheap enough. My guess is they disappeared around the time of index shifting. Shimano had rapidfire and gripshift became the new cheaper alternative. Sun tour didnt have a competing system/patent.

Huh? I've seen lots of sun tour in my day and I wouldnt classify what I saw as better. It was always the bargain basement stuff for builds where shimano didnt offer anything cheap enough. My guess is they disappeared around the time of index shifting. Shimano had rapidfire and gripshift became the new cheaper alternative. Sun tour didnt have a competing system/patent.

You never rode Superbe Pro

Better workmanship, serviceability, and performance than the DA at the time. I thought it was much nicer looking, but that is subjective.

SunTour_Bicycle_Equipment_Catalog_1992_-_Page_20_main_image.jpg

Reviving this thread.

What makes you feel guiltier?

Leaving the bicycle in the garage while you go on a long moto ride or leaving the motorcycle in the garage while you go on a long bicycle ride?

Neither. When I ride off I park all my guilt in the garage.

Also selling my Propel if anyone is interested. Asking $1800. Can include Stages LS power meter. 2x11 full Ultegra mechanical. (Trainer tire not included)

I’ll be in Burlington next Weds.

12fcbce3a243715d1fb0ecdda1d022ff.jpg

Back
Top Bottom