Anyone else sad they're working today? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone else sad they're working today?

polo

Cuz I am :(

Great morning for a ride, sunny, then it'll probably rain for an hour, and then more riding... But alas, I will be vacating the premisses when it's raining again.

Ok. I'm done feeling sorry for myself...

Wait, no I'm not.... :p

With the new schedule taking effect this week, I get Mondays off. That means I get to finish putting the BBQ together and have a couple of buddies show up. The chicken drumsticks have been marinating in a mix of garlic powder, black pepper, msg-veggie mix, Worcestershire sauce, soya sauce, mustard, sesame oil and beer for 14 hours already, so along with smoked sausages, beer and shine, it'll be a real pigout :cool:

i luv working on days like this, people dont bother you, and the phone doesnt ring, and you can get a lot done

I love not working on days like today, nobody bothers me and I don`t answer the phone when it rings, I get nothing done.

How do you get 3x pay?

My old job used to pay double time and a half for holidays, which works out to roughly 3x when it comes to takehome pay. We also used to get doubletime for sundays, time and a half for the first 3 hours overtime a week and double time any additional hours.

My new job is salaried though, which kinda sucks... never thought id say i missed hourly haha. But the job itself is a million times better, as is the pay, so its not bad. It was still kinda strange the first week i worked 70+ hours and came home with... exactly the same paycheck lol.

My old job used to pay double time and a half for holidays, which works out to roughly 3x when it comes to takehome pay. We also used to get doubletime for sundays, time and a half for the first 3 hours overtime a week and double time any additional hours.

Sounds like a transit driver.
Maybe I should look in to that. I'm tired of the corporate non-sense I endure everyday :p

Sounds like a transit driver.
Maybe I should look in to that. I'm tired of the corporate non-sense I endure everyday :p

Nope, it was an office job. Our overtime policy was pretty awesome though. 2 years in a row i banked 50k in overtime alone. Of course, the next 2 years after that overtime dried up completely and i ended up only pulling like 28k for the year. That sucked.

I read this 5 times, and I truly have no clue what you are saying.

Well, I normally should be working 5 days a week (mon-friday), and anything past that is called "OT". Saturday is (x) amount of, i suppose 1.5x pay??, and Sunday being 2x pay. If that monday after the Sunday of ripping overtime is a holliday, you're paid 3x! Thats how I heard it and seen one of my checks LONG TIME AGO, because apparently I worked both weekends and a monday was suppose to be off but I got called in and got paid triple. That makes sense now doesnt it. :) This is obviously labour jobs (when you're young, you're stuck with what you get).

Well, I normally should be working 5 days a week (mon-friday), and anything past that is called "OT". Saturday is (x) amount of, i suppose 1.5x pay??, and Sunday being 2x pay. If that monday after the Sunday of ripping overtime is a holliday, you're paid 3x! Thats how I heard it and seen one of my checks LONG TIME AGO, because apparently I worked both weekends and a monday was suppose to be off but I got called in and got paid triple. That makes sense now doesnt it. :) This is obviously labour jobs (when you're young, you're stuck with what you get).

Sounds like you are mis-informed.
you may make 3x for the monday, but that is NOT the norm.

Most people get 2.5x (1x for the holiday, + 1.5x for working the holiday).

Back
Top Bottom