Anyone buy bike stuff from AliExpress? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone buy bike stuff from AliExpress?

zheka130

Guys

A friend of mine told me that bike gear is much cheaper on ali express (naturally, chinese made)

Just curious, has anyone ever bought stuff from them for your bikes? How is the quality?

They do have reviews there, and people seem to be really happy with some items.

I have some skepticism, whether their gloves/jackets can be trusted. Then again, a lot of the stuff is made there, under one or another badge, making it so much more expensive here.

Any thoughts?

I've used AliXpress without issues for quite a few things like led lights and flashlights but anything safety related or personal protection that really would depend on your acceptable risk levels.

For me I'll stick with the trusted brands, I've seen enough pics on the internetz about no-name gloves or jackets that split wide open in a slide or brake pads and lines that have failed catastrophically.

Yeah I bought a tailbag there for $25, similar tailbags at revzilla or fortnine are over $100, I figured I'd take the risk. I would not buy any protective gear there like gloves, helmet etc, not worth risking your own safety to save a few bucks. Stuff you buy from the major manufacturers in Canada/US like Scorpion, Joe Rocket, etc is well tested so you can be sure it works, who knows how that stuff on aliexpress is built. Even if it looks identical to brand name gear it might just be a cheap copy that will just fall apart in a slide.

I found this no-drag back pack: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KTM...-bags-hard-shell-backbag-for/32790064943.html

Ali and Ebay are great for cheap electronics for a motorcycle; Direct from China and cutting out the middleman. I'll stick to name brands for gear.

I've had **** luck with AliExpress lately. I don't think I'll order from them ever again.

quality is a concern, like anything you order from the internet, as for the transactions,
I've had a good experience, items as described, fast shipping, nothing negative to say

I see the mention of ebay, really turned off that a few years ago, Amazon is much more straight forward

I got my after market fairing from AliExpress and the quality looks fine.
Efficient shipping and communication.

before you are going to place an order, check how many positive feedback/Detailed seller ratings the store got.

it should be fine if the store has more than 90% of rating.

http://japan.webike.net/ - Japanese motorcycle gears/parts online retailer.

I have been buying from them since beginner gears. Fast shipping, no problem by far. Just want to remind that, you can choose to show pricings in CAD on the top right, but the charge will be made in USD.

buy anything but helmets from this site. helmets are priced reasonable here, and they are genuine Shoei and Arai. The problem is, sizing and safety certifications are different. They are JIS standard, some with SNELL, which means not road legal (no DOT). These helmets with SNELL, can still be used on track. Again, sizing is different if you want to get one.

From what I understand, Japanese brands(my experience limited to Komine and Taichi) makes great textile, mesh gears. very practical, much lighter yet protective in slow speed accident. Right, cheaper gears they have are more commuting gears, since Japanese use motorcycle commute a lot. They have racing and touring gears available as well.

My favor part of this retailer is that they offer a good range of waist packs. I don't like wallet/phone in pants while riding. And it is enough to carry water for a day long riding.

I never had a chance to order parts from them yet, let me know the review if you do.

And Webike Japan has a youtube channel
https://goo.gl/7OtaiH

Great. Thanks for answering guys.
Was looking at buying motorcycle pants. They are actually not too cheap on aliexpress either.
Will likely look else where.

I too would deal with Amazon before Ali. I've all but given up on eBay as well - I like the fact that if you pick and choose carefully (and are willing to pay a small percentage more) you can get your stuff shipped from a Toronto based warehouse...so instead of waiting 30-50 days for something from China you can get it as fast as next day in the GTA.

I just had a parcel arrive today from Amazon which I ordered 2 days ago w/free shipping. $55 worth of stuff that would have cost me over double that at retail.

I too would deal with Amazon before Ali. I've all but given up on eBay as well - I like the fact that if you pick and choose carefully (and are willing to pay a small percentage more) you can get your stuff shipped from a Toronto based warehouse...so instead of waiting 30-50 days for something from China you can get it as fast as next day in the GTA.

I just had a parcel arrive today from Amazon which I ordered 2 days ago w/free shipping. $55 worth of stuff that would have cost me over double that at retail.
How do I know if I am getting it from a Toronto based warehouse?
My last 3 orders placed from Amazon never arrived. (All purchased within days of each other) All 3 vendors offered refunds or redelivery. I chose redelivery. 1 vendor still insisted on also giving me a refund. Waiting on items to arrive before I comment on the customer service.
OP stick with Fortnine and other motorcycle specific retailers. Or better yet, try and support some local shops.
There's also the Motorcycle Show coming up.

Sent from the Purple Zone

For Amazon, click on the "prime" button and re-sort your search results. Even if you don't have a prime account it will default to items "supplied by Amazon", IE...it's in their warehouse in Toronto, not being drop shipped by the original seller.

Typically, again, even without a Prime account if you order beyond a certain dollar figure (it was $50 for me) they ship for free as well if you're willing to wait for second day shipping. I ordered Tuesday afternoon, it shipped last night, and I received it all today.

I'm probably going to spend the $75 on the Prime account this year - too many good deals to be had that will pay for it in no time on stuff I buy regularly anyways.

Last edited:
Thanks @PrivatePilot gonna try that

My last 3 orders placed from Amazon never arrived. (All purchased within days of each other) All 3 vendors offered refunds or redelivery. I chose redelivery. 1 vendor still insisted on also giving me a refund. Waiting on items to arrive before I comment on the customer service.
OP stick with Fortnine and other motorcycle specific retailers. Or better yet, try and support some local shops.

That's certainly not representative of the 100's of orders that I've put through on .ca/.com--beit a Prime order or regular non-prime. Maybe you're delivering to a strange address? I ship to my office and they always deliver by their promise date unless it straddles a weekend.

In any case, the resolutions from the sellers are unlikely to leave you disappointed..

Not motorcycle parts but bought some electronics from amazon.ca over 3 months ago and STILL waiting for them to arrive. Went back and forth with the seller and they begged to wait longer. I did another month (no rush) and then I just got fed up and got a very quick refund when I filed a claim with Amazon. No issue no mess. I wonder if they'll ever come in.

That's certainly not representative of the 100's of orders that I've put through on .ca/.com--beit a Prime order or regular non-prime. Maybe you're delivering to a strange address? I ship to my office and they always deliver by their promise date unless it straddles a weekend.

In any case, the resolutions from the sellers are unlikely to leave you disappointed..
I agree. I've never had issues with non delivery, (except for a local cd delivery that never came). But because all 3 were placed within days, and all 3 from China, I figured there may have been some issue with the border or something, thinking they were all om the same container. My other thought was a postal carrier with sticky fingers as the ones in my area are all contract.
I did have 1 other issue once with a delivery that was late and was offered a refund instantly. I declined and opted to wait 1 more week. The product arrived within that week. I have gone on to purchase multiple times from that vendor because of that one offer. (YoungFly, for anyone interested ).
I hope that I didn't come off as complaining, rather I am extremely satisfied with Amazon.ca

Quality definitely an issue, bought a combination USB/12V socket for my bike and the rubber body stunk up the house so badly after unpacking that I needed to put it in the garage. Now after many months, the smell is finally gone, does that mean the rubber will start deteriorating? Probably. Bought a falsely advertised "genuine" leather steering wheel cover which was just plastic and did not fit the vehicle spec; got a partial refund.

Also some items never arrived after a 2 month wait, and was refunded the money.

Better to buy a Chinese product through a reputable Canadian company, as they have higher quality demands on their Chinese partners. But would I buy the new Volvo S60 which is made in China? Not for that kind of price!

Not motorcycle parts but bought some electronics from amazon.ca over 3 months ago and STILL waiting for them to arrive. Went back and forth with the seller and they begged to wait longer. I did another month (no rush) and then I just got fed up and got a very quick refund when I filed a claim with Amazon. No issue no mess. I wonder if they'll ever come in.

Just wanted to throw this out there for those using 3rd party sellers on Amazon.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/amazon-3rd-party-seller-scam-2076307/

I have definitely bought more stuff than I wanted to on Amazon (mostly impulse buys) in the past year, and usually opt for their $35+ free shipping in 5-7 business days option. Order would usually make it to my door within 1-3 days and has never exceeded 5 days.

^^^^ ok. I personally would never drop $1k to some random Amazon seller.

Also, does having an Amazon Prime membership offer more protection?

Back
Top Bottom