Anybody wanna go to Niagara??? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anybody wanna go to Niagara???

Metrolinx bought a lot (but not all) of their lines. Freight travels when metrolinx doesnt need the line (overnight). They own lakeshore from oshawa to burlington. Burlington to NF is owned by CN.

Anyone know who owns the Kitchener to Union Station line?
I rode it last week for the first time and was impressed.
The GO cars all had Metrolinx on them.

Apparently Pinball Clemens is behind the group organizing this hovercraft . That should work out fine .
Booking my ticket in the first week they are open since weeks three and four will be sketchy. 48 trips per day , 180 people per run . I’m clearly missing something here

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Is he thinking that this will allow all of the Argonaut fans who live in Niagara and Buffalo area to get to the games quicker? Lol

Anyone know who owns the Kitchener to Union Station line?
I rode it last week for the first time and was impressed.
The GO cars all had Metrolinx on them.
The trains are all owned and operated by Metrolinx. The tracks can have different owners. That line is partly MX and partly CN ownership. 2019 map below. I haven't paid attention to see if anything has changed since.

GO-Map-Rail-ownership-Jan-2019.jpg

Is he thinking that this will allow all of the Argonaut fans who live in Niagara and Buffalo area to get to the games quicker? Lol
The last time I went to an Argo game the tickets were $5 at IIRC Dominion Stores (Now metro) but they got you on the snacks and beer. The stands were almost empty.

Delayed.

Never saw that coming, I tell ya. /s
Hahaha. Complexities like the trip costing $200+ instead of the promised $60 and therefore no paying passengers. This thing was a stinker all around from the start.

I still cannot figure out how the business plan for this makes a sliver of sense. One or two trips a day might have a few interested people in the commuter crowd, but the planned 48 rides a day??! That thing is going to be empty 90% of the time. How many people regularly go between St Kitts and DT Toronto every day? Especially arriving in St Kitts without a car. At least Toronto has a variety of public transit options to get you aronund once you're there. But any time savings vs just driving there instead could easily be eaten up futzing with busses to actually get to point B, etc. And there's no savings vs driving - heck, with an econobox vehicle you could drive for cheaper.

Here’s my problem with it…

1681960879394.png

2-3hr commutes? Does it take that long to get to St Catherine’s!?

Also…48 per day? LoL and who’s going to take these mid day?

This sounds more like ‘let’s garner funds and make out like bandits from idiot investors’.

A similar service was in place decades ago , it failed . The Toronto to Rochester fast ferry failed .
Running ferries is really expensive which is why most successful ones are owned by government services , where you just burn through millions a year , Amherst Island ferry….
If I lived in Niagara and worked in downtown TO , maybe , the Qew will rob you of your soul , but $200 a trip, yeah nope. And you can take a go train from downtown to StKits for $40 ?
A commuter plane from Niagara airport to Billy bishop may cost less and be faster , and use facilities that already exist?? Theres the plan, I’m starting my own airline , who’s got a licence?

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

A similar service was in place decades ago , it failed . The Toronto to Rochester fast ferry failed .
Running ferries is really expensive which is why most successful ones are owned by government services , where you just burn through millions a year , Amherst Island ferry….
If I lived in Niagara and worked in downtown TO , maybe , the Qew will rob you of your soul , but $200 a trip, yeah nope. And you can take a go train from downtown to StKits for $40 ?
A commuter plane from Niagara airport to Billy bishop may cost less and be faster , and use facilities that already exist?? Theres the plan, I’m starting my own airline , who’s got a licence?

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Sixty dollars per trip = $120 / day = $600 / week X 4 = $2400 / month mortgage payment which has a ROI.

Other considerations:

Work from home in St Catherines. Clothing optional if you're a politician.

There was a charter flight from somewhere across the lake but it wasn't working out and the plane was ferried back to Toronto Island, almost. Ran out of gas a few miles short and ditched.

I'm with MP. Raise a bunch of money with unicorn rides, hot dogs and balloons for the kids. Spend it on studying global ferry services in exotic locations at a fat salary. How much of his own money has the CEO invested?

Who is doing the books?

Sixty dollars per trip = $120 / day = $600 / week X 4 = $2400 / month
It costs a $2400 premium to live in St. Catherines? Who is gonna pay that? Have you ever been to St. Catherines? I wouldn't live there if you PAID me a $2400/month premium

It costs a $2400 premium to live in St. Catherines? Who is gonna pay that? Have you ever been to St. Catherines? I wouldn't live there if you PAID me a $2400/month premium
No ferry fees = $2400 more / month to spend closer to the GTA and hopes of a ROI.

This sort of ties into the housing thread , my Fort Erie house was 500k less than Mississauga. And you burn a 50k car every five yrs , loose 3hrs a day commuting , we won’t even mention gas and repair . Or you could ferry for 2,400 a month . Most people making that commute have an extra 30k disposable cash .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Back
Top Bottom