Any Sneaker heads out here? - post what you got | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any Sneaker heads out here? - post what you got

LoL I do have a good collection of riding footwear too- Sidi’s, Alps, Icon’s - for track, street and dirt - right tool for the job… These fashionable sneakers above would be used on my fashionable MT-09SP to get myself to NM and other posers meets :)

And BTW I beg to differ in regards to how slick “true” riding brands could be - there are some dope Icon and RevIT high riding boots with all the protection and looking pretty good. Or as in @Lightcycle picture BMW has some cool shoes too! You just can’t have it all.. at once :)

Cheers
Fair enough, it's always a judgement call on when and where to wear gear. I'm not ATTGATT, though shoes and gloves are two that I never skip. Having seen a buddies street shoe come straight off in a relatively low speed crash when the laces wore through almost instantly, maybe I'm more cautious than most. I just see lots of folks in sneakers assuming that all leather footwear is the same (not dissimilar to jeans), without understanding the differences in stitching, lace placement, sole bond, and a stiff shank to protect against crushing.

And while I didn't claim bike sneakers were great, I've had better luck with European shops, as there's much more demand for casual riding specific shoes there. FC-MOTO has probably the deepest selection, with Helstons, Stylmartin and Gaerne making some not awful options:

https://www.fc-moto.de/en/Motorcycle/Motorcycle-Boots/Motorcycle-Casual-Shoes

Either way, none are going to become valuable through rarity any time soon...

I love my sneakers, nothing crazy or collectables, never go over $300ish and always wear every single pair...

Just got these puppies: classic 80's ASICS, Made in Japan, premium leather and generally way better than those overhyped Jordans IMO.

Will work perfectly with my MT-09SP :)

What you got recently???

View attachment 53527
View attachment 53528

nice pair. Huge NB fan here. sneakers and runners. They are killing it in the sneaker biz lately...

Adida Stan Smiths , discontinued for two decades and I was buying them off eBay for three times more than they ever cost .
Reintroduced and I’m a happy guy , back to $129 .
If I ever hear they will be dropped again I will buy 15 pairs and live out my final years in Stan Smiths

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Adida Stan Smiths , discontinued for two decades and I was buying them off eBay for three times more than they ever cost .
Reintroduced and I’m a happy guy , back to $129 .
If I ever hear they will be dropped again I will buy 15 pairs and live out my final years in Stan Smiths

At $39, you should buy 25-30 pair!

Screenshot_20220220-102809_Samsung Internet.jpg

yeah LOL , except the only size on that webpage is 4.5 , maybe 6yr old me could have worn them , but I did find my size for $68.00 so I'll be having a couple pair right away

I do have a pair of Geox sneakers. Not super trendy maybe but they are neat as they have a breathable sole but are still water resistant. It actually works..my usually sweaty feet are pretty comfortable in these.

Stan smith was introduced when I was in high school, that’s how old that design is . I wore white shoes before it was Florida chic . I do not own a white belt .

KL is hardly the reason. NB Has been killing it for a very long time. Some of my favorite pairs in my small collection are from NB.
Here's one:
View attachment 53577
before kawhi everyone thought NB stood for new brunswick.

KL is hardly the reason. NB Has been killing it for a very long time.

very true, it seems like Everyone wants to collab with them now and they are selling out in seconds. and there are a tonne of them. Aime Leone Dore, Joe Fresh Goods, Casablanca, Bodega, Salehe Bembury to name a few....

I wouldn't mind seeing more from your collection.

Back
Top Bottom