Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 476 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

That bike would need a heck of a cleaning after that trip home. Suck it up and spend the couple bucks to rent an enclosed.

Makes you wonder how much testing was done after design was finalized

It's increasingly evident that this thing wasn't thought through in many respects. It's turning into a poster child for "Form before function" and "rushed to production".

Rushed to production and it took them 5 years to figure it out?

Seems to me they spent 4 years & 9 months trying to figure out how to bend all the body pieces, and slapped the rest of the truck together in the remaining 3 months.

A call with Tesla confirmed that the truck had needed a complete reboot which took over five hours of sitting to complete. From the moment he’d initiated the reboot method of holding down two steering wheel buttons, the truck was apparently working on a reboot until some time in the middle of the night.

Oh, 5 hours (!!) to reboot is sure convenient when you're on a road trip somewhere. Or, you know, just using it is a regular day to day vehicle.

"Sorry dear, can't make it to dinner tonight, the truck got wet and needs to reboot, going to go get a hotel for the night instead".

A call with Tesla confirmed that the truck had needed a complete reboot which took over five hours of sitting to complete. From the moment he’d initiated the reboot method of holding down two steering wheel buttons, the truck was apparently working on a reboot until some time in the middle of the night.

Oh, 5 hours (!!) to reboot is sure convenient when you're on a road trip somewhere. Or, you know, just using it is a regular day to day vehicle.

"Sorry dear, can't make it to dinner tonight, the truck got wet and needs to reboot, going to go get a hotel for the night instead".

It's running Windows Me.

Here's more. It looks like the overhead console containing the PRND switches also supports the sun visors, and isn't properly secured.

Who the eff designed this?

Here's more. It looks like the overhead console containing the PRND switches also supports the sun visors, and isn't properly secured.

Who the eff designed this?
I can't quite tell from the picture but those clips look suspiciously like the clips that hold the grille on my $1000 fridge. They work ok (but not well) in my application but they are perpendicular to gravity, not subject to much vibration or touch and not a life-safety location.

great news for Ontario and great news for big H, watch for a big announcement on Thursday,

Honda is putting in as much as $16b (billion with a B) for EV initiative and expansion in Alliston.

Speaking of FSD. Tesla must be desperate to showcase it as my buddy with a Y said he got 1 month free trial of it.

Said it’s good…but made him nervous when testing out.

I kindly refused his offer of taking it out for a drive.
I tried out the FSD (and autopark) a few times during the 1 month free trial.

I wont be subscribing this for 100$ per month in it's existing version for sure.

I assume they will get the same deal as the others and we pick up about 85%.

apparently this deal is structured differently (tax breaks) as opposed to cash dumps VW and Stellantis got. :

"Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is offering more tax breaks to automotive firms to put their electric vehicle factories in Canada, as companies including Honda Motor Co. and Toyota Motor Corp. consider lucrative new investments.

Canada’s federal budget, released on Tuesday, unveiled a new 10% tax credit on the capital cost of buildings used for EV manufacturing — but only if companies make a significant bet on locating other portions of their supply chains within the country."

Last edited:
Weird how we never see those kind of deals up here.
Yup. MustanMach-E, Bolts, and many other electrics are being blown out in the US…but not here.

Although both Ford and Chevy have confirmed to me in writing that I can buy either there and bring it here with maintaining warranty.

At the end of a lease, a vehicle is inspected for wear and or damage. How likely is the battery going to be due for replacement?

Back
Top Bottom