Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 428 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

Has Sunny put his money where his mouth is and bought a Tesla yet? Last i checked he's been jerking off in this thread for almost 8 years.

I'm part of this group...

However, I assure you as of today and since before this thread started years ago and well before many of you even knew what a Tesla was... (see post #2)

IF I were in the market for a BEV, you'd see a Tesla on my driveway.

Polestar is the only other I'd consider, as a distant second.

Cap-eeeesh?

Last edited:
This should not be a thing ... it should not be possible for such a device to function:

This should not be a thing ... and this one is on Tesla:

This should not be a thing:

And this shouldn't happen:

GM Supercruise and Ford BlueCruise have this as right as we know how to do (still not perfect). Both have infrared cameras that are watching the driver's eyes. Both are geofenced to be used only on roads where their operation has been validated. Both allow the driver to take their hands off the steering wheel.
Interestingly, Tesla is doing a concurrent recall in Canada. Normally, they only do the recall in the jurisdiction that forces the issue. I wonder if they are scared about US government whacking autopilot entirely (until it is tested and approved away from the public)?

new Teslas all have interior cameras on the driver. I dont have and will never pay for full self-driving so no idea if it is in use there but mines been covered since day 1 and autopilot works fine.

beating a dead horse but autopilot is adaptive cruise control with great lane keeping. would not expect them to need it for it other than for stupid people that don't read the manual and don't see the flashing texts that constantly tells you to pay attention and be ready to take over at at any time.

new Teslas all have interior cameras on the driver. I dont have and will never pay for full self-driving so no idea if it is in use there but mines been covered since day 1 and autopilot works fine.

beating a dead horse but autopilot is adaptive cruise control with great lane keeping. would not expect them to need it for it other than for stupid people that don't read the manual and don't see the flashing texts that constantly tells you to pay attention and be ready to take over at at any time.
Even my GTI has a good lane keeping system. Once the car drifts out of lane, it'll bring it back in gently. Then if it 'bounces' off the other lane it'll start warning 'Take control take control' or something along those lines.

HYDROGEN IS THE FUTURE!!!11

The future of what, I'm not quite sure.

kawasaki_h2sx_20231212_02-1.jpg

Apparently tesla is relying on the gigacasting shattering to absorb crash energy in the cybertruck. Hard to tell if that is true or not as comprehensive crash analysis has not been released. If true, insurance could be horrendous. A cracked gigacasting would be beyond economical repair.

These "10 minute recharge" claims require calculation of the voltage and current (and thus, copper and insulation in the cable...) involved in doing it. The battery may be capable of taking it, and that is all well and good, but the electricity has to be delivered.

If you have a super slippery aerodynamic vehicle and/or you drive slowly so that the consumption is 10 kWh/100 km (my Bolt's lifetime average is 15.6 at the moment) then 500 mi = 800 km would need 80 kWh, and to do that in one-sixth of an hour would require 480 kW. Current common charging stations max out at 350. Current and voltage limits on CCS would allow 500kW if both bounds were simultaneously met. It's not out of the realm of possibility but double that to do it in a bigger but normal-shaped vehicle and triple that to do it with a big square SUV or pickup truck.

And, it doesn't matter. Put lower/normal powered charging stations at every Tim Horton's. Takes me longer than 10 min for a coffee break anyhow. Problem solved.

Back
Top Bottom