Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 427 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

Someone's gotta have one with the plate Pole Star on it.
I'm surprised more polestars don't have bumper stickers.

il_570xN.1244701697_90sb.jpg

I know that's circulating social media now, and there's another one showing a Ford Lightning not being able to get out of snow, but there's a common feature of both ... wrong tires for the job. Both vehicles were spinning wheels on both front and rear, and neither one was high-centered ... nothing else the vehicle can do ... other than have snow tires on it.

There is a lot of grey here but, it does expose some concerns to have with EV ownership, dealerships and how they are navigating battery replacement and warranty.

I’ve seen enough “customer states” videos with severe damage that is obvious of neglect. Scrapes on the protective shield would be a concern for a shop. However, I also think the dealer should have removed the cover to see if there was any impact damage to the battery itself.

Not all EV owners can be their own advocates to push back on dealers.

There is a lot of grey here but, it does expose some concerns to have with EV ownership, dealerships and how they are navigating battery replacement and warranty.

I’ve seen enough “customer states” videos with severe damage that is obvious of neglect. Scrapes on the protective shield would be a concern for a shop. However, I also think the dealer should have removed the cover to see if there was any impact damage to the battery itself.

Not all EV owners can be their own advocates to push back on dealers.
Yowza. As these stories become more and more common I expect EV sales to continue slowing down as people start becoming worried about the battery swaps.

In this case...tough call. Dealership didn't actually check the battery for damage, and last I checked Hyundai isn't the best with warranties in certain instances.

But Kyle here is very lucky to have these folks push on his behalf, and the majority of owners will not have that backing. Although I'm a little surprised why his insurance would DOUBLE...

I wouldn't touch a Korean EV, pretty sure they rushed development, and now its catching up to them.

Tesla still does it best folks, get over it.....

Has Sunny put his money where his mouth is and bought a Tesla yet? Last i checked he's been jerking off in this thread for almost 8 years.

I wouldn't touch a Korean EV, pretty sure they rushed development, and now its catching up to them.

Tesla still does it best folks, get over it.....
What exactly better?

Battery and drivetrain - sure
Quality - no
Customer service - no
Not providing a promised feature close to a decade later - yes
Charge infrastructure - yes

Where exactly are they better where I missed?

They’re a tech company. Should sell / license their battery tech and drivetrain to others and be raking in even more coin.

@SunnY S you were saying something something about Tesla being the greatest right?

self-driving and autopilot especially with now relying only on cameras is a joke and never going to happen.

but the biggest joke/tool in this situation is the driver that let his car come to a complete stop in the passing lane of the highway and cries Tesla did it.
It's already been shown that the car told him to take control well before doing this and he ignored all the signs and prompts.
A car coming to a gradual stop with hazards on is the SAFEST thing for a self-driving car to do if there's an issue or no response from driver. You'd rather the vehicle continue at highway speeds while unable to accurately see or with someone passed out at the wheel?
people love to jump on the hate bandwagon clickbait without really thinking or doing research.

self-driving and autopilot especially with now relying only on cameras is a joke and never going to happen.

but the biggest joke/tool in this situation is the driver that let his car come to a complete stop in the passing lane of the highway and cries Tesla did it.
It's already been shown that the car told him to take control well before doing this and he ignored all the signs and prompts.
A car coming to a gradual stop with hazards on is the SAFEST thing for a self-driving car to do if there's an issue or no response from driver. You'd rather the vehicle continue at highway speeds while unable to accurately see or with someone passed out at the wheel?
people love to jump on the hate bandwagon clickbait without really thinking or doing research.
As much as I hate all the BS about "autopilot" and "full self-driving" and I think tesla should be sued into oblivion and lose for pretending they are selling anything beyond lane assist, this one is on the driver. The car was giving up on driving as the driver was paying zero attention. It did the best it could. This is mainly on the dickbag tesla driver and then the drivers behind. The car has minimal fault in this one imo. It probably should have pulled to the right not the left though. That is entirely on tesla.

I didn't know the car told the driver to take control and he didn't. I take it back then as I didn't dig further into it.

Thanks for letting me know the deeper info.

Hmmmm. The Chinese guy on the QEW in Niagara must have had a pre-updated version of FULL SELF driving, because he was filmed with his seat reclined and his eyes closed (sleeping?).

This should not be a thing ... it should not be possible for such a device to function:

This should not be a thing ... and this one is on Tesla:

This should not be a thing:

And this shouldn't happen:

GM Supercruise and Ford BlueCruise have this as right as we know how to do (still not perfect). Both have infrared cameras that are watching the driver's eyes. Both are geofenced to be used only on roads where their operation has been validated. Both allow the driver to take their hands off the steering wheel.

Back
Top Bottom