Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 194 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

Stopped in at London Audi this morning. They have two ETrons in stock. In person they are absolutely amazing.

Very impressed.

I feel like a Model S is to the latest and greatest fastest and bestest iPhone as the ETron is to a Terminator from the future. It’s hard to even compare them they’re so different

An attractive and relatively well informed sales lady told me that there’s a PHEV Q5 coming soon with 70km range. That seems like it would fit my driving habits very well.

An attractive and relatively well informed sales lady told me that there’s a PHEV Q5 coming soon with 70km range. That seems like it would fit my driving habits very well.

How close are you to work? The 918 is 25km. That might work for you if there are plugs at your office.

Last edited:
So it has very little range and won't charge any faster than other electric cars that have been on the market for years. No thanks, I'll stick with my Bolt and it's 400km real world range. Very dissapointing effort from Honda. Yet another electric that will amplify range anxiety in the general public when range anxiety doesn't really have to be a thing anymore with a proper sized battery. More contenders with 60+kWh batteries is what the world needs, not this thing!

My Bolt just celebrated it's 1 year anniversery. It continues to exceed my expectations. The most fun car to drive in the city that I've ever owned. I just wish it looked a little sexier. With so much range I haven't had the need to charge anywhere but home yet. I charge maybe twice a week in the Spring-Fall, nightly in the winter so I pre-warm the cabin before leaving. I don't hypermile or turn off the a/c/heating, I drive it the same way I used to drive my wrx. Automakers, the tech is out there and it works - more viable options please!

I wouldn't be surprised if their pre-production sales numbers don't surpass the entire e-tron thingy production run sales figures.

And, the goalposts got moved. Again.

As if anyone in the market for an e-tron is going to put a retro 80s shoe box with lousy range and a laughable drag co-efficient on their short list.

As if anyone in the market for an e-tron is going to put a retro 80s shoe box with lousy range and a laughable drag co-efficient on their short list.
Haha, in other news, Honda sells more Civics in one day than McLaren sells cars in a year, therefore McLaren sells crap.

I simply responded to your E post.

Conveniently, in my quote, you leave out the part where people get "the point of this car". Not that it's a direct competitor to the E tron thingy.

The incredible pre production sales figures that Honda posts clearly demonstrates the buzz and interest of this model.

Can't wait to see the E tron sales figures regardless.

Carry on.

Haha, in other news, Honda sells more Civics in one day than McLaren sells cars in a year, therefore McLaren sells crap.

I know I know, the goal posts moved again, but let me point something out, because I love this stuff.

At the end of the day, whether you are selling donuts, or Civics, its all about the bottom line.

Honda reported a 2018 annual revenue of US$138 billion. McLaren Group reported about US$1.5 billion.

I think Honda knows what they are doing....

Over 5000km on this tank of fuel and still have about 1/3 tank left. Should be able to hit 6000km no problem.

So many cool things that could be my next vehicle down the road (hopefully another 4-5 years with the Volt)

The Kona is very cool but not much bigger than my Volt. Probably no longer or wider but a little taller. London Kia doesn’t have any Niros in their showroom (EV or otherwise) for me to sit in and feel.

It’s unlikely I’ll ever be in the market for an ETron but they’re amazing.

The VW ID3 will be worth looking at as well.

I wish the Bolt was better looking.

What a time to be alive!

Undoubtedly electron driven vehicles will be (probably more accurately currently are) faster than ICE driven vehicles in almost every situation (potentially slower in really tight circuits where their weight holds them back in the corners and obviously longer races don't work well with the current energy density of batteries).

That particular video, contrary to the media hype surrounding it shows not much. The corvette pulled over and the driver waved the Tesla by (~3:10). Passing someone that is waving you by is not a feat that deserves any attention. No background information on the drivers involved (I'm 100% sure Szoke on a 250 will beat me on a 600 on any road race track) so again, the video proves nothing about either vehicle.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom