Any Dalton Timmins customers tried to get them on the phone lately? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any Dalton Timmins customers tried to get them on the phone lately?

Yes its annoying, but due to sheer volume. It is super busy for bikes this time of year for NFP Moto and brokerages in general but also helps to call the right number. There is also a call back feature where you enter in phone # and they will call you back if busy rather than having to stay on hold.

New Quotes: 1-888-841-2621
Existing Clients/changes: 1-888-841-2626
Payments/Accounts: 1-888-841-2624

I'm pretty sure that they prioritize New Quotes well ahead of any other call as this is potential new sales.

I'm only looking at the 1000, but guessing the 1100 difference would be felt.
I had a 636 and then a newer zx6r and the measly 36ccs were definitely noticeable.

I’ve heard from people who have ridden both. Apparently the 1100 V4 has a lot less vibrations, smoother power delivery and power power. They say both are nice but the 1100 is just better.
Same with the 1000 V twin vs 1100 V4.
Honestly though, I don’t think you can go wrong either way.
As a side note, I saw on Kijiji this morning a 2018 Tuono RR with a little over 6,000kms with an asking price of $12k. Seems like a decent deal.

I'm only looking at the 1000, but guessing the 1100 difference would be felt.
I had a 636 and then a newer zx6r and the measly 36ccs were definitely noticeable.
Get the 1100, hands down. I bought my 1100 in 2017 and kept my 2012 (1000cc) until 2019 (I owned both bikes for 2 years). The 1100 is much, much faster in the real world and the brakes are noticeably better. You also get cruse control, that I love, and much better APRC electronics.

I'm pretty sure that they prioritize New Quotes well ahead of any other call as this is potential new sales.
^This, x100

I've also been shopping around and their rates arent all that great, if the rates stay the same, i'll be switching come renewal time.

Get the 1100, hands down. I bought my 1100 in 2017 and kept my 2012 (1000cc) until 2019 (I owned both bikes for 2 years). The 1100 is much, much faster in the real world and the brakes are noticeably better. You also get cruse control, that I love, and much better APRC electronics.

goddamnit, i didn't realize the 1100 had cruise control.

I have been swayed, time to fountain dive and dig in couch cushions.

Same experience late last summer trying to convert my policy over to a new bike. Called Friday around 2:30pm, yes it was Friday but not an unreasonable time buffer. Kept on hold WELL over an hour, summarily disconnected, tried calling back... "We're sorry our offices are closed until Monday morning"

This was after already getting their systems populated with the information, and I was only calling (at their instruction) to confirm the purchase and get it switched. Will be looking at new providers come spring renewal. Shameful customer service.

Yes its annoying, but due to sheer volume. It is super busy for bikes this time of year for NFP Moto and brokerages in general but also helps to call the right number. There is also a call back feature where you enter in phone # and they will call you back if busy rather than having to stay on hold.

New Quotes: 1-888-841-2621
Existing Clients/changes: 1-888-841-2626
Payments/Accounts: 1-888-841-2624
My experience was late July so I don't think this is isolated to busy season. In my case I was forced to call back the seller and inform them that I wasn't picking up on Friday after all and would have to wait until the following week. A whole weekend without my new ride. I wasn't going to risk something happening while the old one was still listed on the policy.

I've been generally "satisfied" with the rates (as only one can in Ontario), but that event REALLY irritated me at the time. I guess I'm still a little despondent.

Very weird, just called today to make sure my policy is cancelled. I had sent an email but no response.

Maybe because I was doing something else and I pressed the wrong button on one of the menus but someone picked up right away.

I may be fiscally tied to NFP for another year at least, all other quotes I've received so far are 60%+ higher for same coverage.

I've been looking at their online quotes myself and canvassing back and forth for rates. Can anyone disclose which companies they broker for?

Back
Top Bottom