another new rider on a 600 | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

another new rider on a 600

If its the model in OP's avatar, Its an f2 or f3 ffs.... That things gotta be 15 years old, not some modern ultralight twitchy mega powered 600.. Its probably just as heavy as & slightly more powerful than these "starter friendly" 500s.

OP ask yourself if you feel comfortable on the machine. If its too heavy, downsize. I really dont see this bike as an unacceptable starter unless youre a dwarf, ham fisted, or daft.

Nice bike btw & welcome to riding! :)

Stop wasting your breath, that same ego is impenetrable when it comes your sense making.

The ego that I see here doesn't below to the OP.

thanks for the input. I'm honestly not trying to justify a purchase, just looking for opinions on the bike as a starter really. its a '97 f3 and I do feel comfortable on it. I'm a pretty responsible guy, but thats not the point. I've looked up some experiences from people starting on this bike and I've heard its actually pretty good. didn't mean to start any arguments but I guess thats to be expected with this subject.

thanks for the input. I'm honestly not trying to justify a purchase, just looking for opinions on the bike as a starter really. its a '97 f3 and I do feel comfortable on it. I'm a pretty responsible guy, but thats not the point. I've looked up some experiences from people starting on this bike and I've heard its actually pretty good. didn't mean to start any arguments but I guess thats to be expected with this subject.

Throw up some pics Chris, thats a good lookin bike youve got there!

I guess I should have clarified. my oppinion was more in general, not pointed at you, you seem pretty level headed especially if you're even asking the question.
I'm sure you'll be fine and you'll have lots of fun.

now go get some heated gerbings gear so you don't have to pack it away in October like every one else! :D

Yes, these facts apply to an experienced rider. Not to a newbie though. They are called beginner bikes for a reason. Of course they are more responsive but they are more difficult to handle, we all know that. He will not benefit from that handling, in fact it will hinder him due to the weight difference. Also, yes it can stop better, but the brakes lock up easier, again a matter of experience.

My old GT250R wouldn't lock up as easily as my new R6. But when applied properly, yes the brakes are far more effective on the R6. But this comes back to my point, these facts don't apply to a beginner, because we have to assume he's not skilled enough.

Would you feel safer in that Ferrari the first time you started driving with your G1? Of course not, you were not so steady with those pedals, not to mention your mind on shifting and what not.

Cmon guys...

My buddy wouldn't be dead today had he been on a 250. Why? Because he wouldn't have been able to accelerate as fast as he did, therefore not reaching the speed he was traveling which would have given him a better change to stop or swerve... whichever. The skid marks lasted a like 15 meters ~

With logic like that you should work for the OPP

226502_1643306376950_1665570097_1250829_989763_n.jpgHamilton 2-20110819-00694.jpg
here's a couple pictures. the jackets pretty tight on me. it'll do for now but i'm looking for another in london

Try an intro to track course once you feel comfortable, you'll learn ALOT! BTW I started on a ZX9 on the street and I'm still alive. Don't be an idiot and you'll live.

ohhhh bike looks nice!.

anyways if you want it get it.
I myself started with a 600 I was originally gonna purchase a 250 years ago but went for the 600. You can either do what I did and practiced alot in an empty parking lot for 5 days after rush hour. ride your own pace and take advice from other experienced riders. pick your crew wisely.

ohhhh bike looks nice!.

anyways if you want it get it.
I myself started with a 600 I was originally gonna purchase a 250 years ago but went for the 600. You can either do what I did and practiced alot in an empty parking lot for 5 days after rush hour. ride your own pace and take advice from other experienced riders. pick your crew wisely.

already have it actually and thats what I've been doing. I take it out whenever i get the chance around my neighborhood and in parking lots

Try an intro to track course once you feel comfortable, you'll learn ALOT! BTW I started on a ZX9 on the street and I'm still alive. Don't be an idiot and you'll live.

what sort of track courses do they have around here? I'm in london for school and live in hamilton otherwise. I'd like to get out and practice what I've been reading/watching but I don't think the streets are the best place for it.

My first bike was also a 600. I didn't care to take the slow route with multiple ownerships. I just did what anyone with sense does, and learned at the pace which I was comfortable. (which happened to be slowly) Go slow and enjoy the time you learn, that crazy speed feeling will go away on its own (but enjoy the thrill)...

My first bike is a 600. At first I was SLOW....I was still getting used to it and had to get comfortable. I'm pretty comfortable now, but still cautious. Always mindful of everything going on around me. And am now highway riding (off peak hours....rush hour is crazy).

Just be careful, as someone said, you don't need to let it rip at 160 on Day 2.

I also start with a 600cc. glad i took the course so it's not so hard to balance a heavy bike, but like others said, it's a not so smooth learning curve. Best to get frame sliders too. good luck!

Nice bike, its in great condition.

I like the suggestion that if you have some extra cash, pick up a cheap 250 now and sell it in the spring, make a bit of profit too. Otherwise, take it easy and you will be fine.

View attachment 26114View attachment 26115
here's a couple pictures. the jackets pretty tight on me. it'll do for now but i'm looking for another in london

I like how that bike looks. So different. I started on a 2007 GSX-R 600. I didn't die. I did take it easy, and learned slow. Took my time, talked to a lot of more mature riders. Went on rides with really good guys who were always more than willing to throw me some good advice. Learn to use your brakes in an empty parking lot properly doing drills and emergency stops a lot because you WILL need them real soon. Also MASTER your clutch, its one of the most important things you could do, its NOTHING like driving a car stick, the ONLY relation is that feeling of the clutch catching with your foot will be in your hand (in my opinion even easier to feel). Don't be reckless with your life.

go ahead and buy ur 600
its not dangerous or difficult to ride, if you respect it
rather than buying low powered 250s and get bored of them in a week
also the way things are in the gta, 250s may actually be dangerous to ride, with cagers driving like maniacs
you need power to get you out of trouble at times

Yea because at times you have speed away from all the Enzos and Gallardos that switch lanes too close to our tails. You definitely need a 600CC to run away from these loose maniacs. The more powerful the bike, the safer it is. /sarcasm

A Ninja 250 is not a boring bike and is powerful enough for normal driving. /fact

Nice bike Chris :)

I started on a 600RR as my first bike and loved it.
ONLY reason why I sold it was due to insurance...otherwise I would have kept the bike Lol.

Back
Top Bottom