Another lockdown=less riding? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Another lockdown=less riding?

Shot-across-the-bow.jpg

Got pretty quiet there, Peggy. Nothing else to add, buddy?
I already added everything I wanted to add and made my point. I also have a life, only come here 30 mins a day. Also why is everybody worrying about riding and the lockdown in April? This is not July. The temps still go below freezing, half the bikes are still in hibernation like mine, and even if it was July no cop is going to pull you over just to ask what are you doing in Huntsville. Nothings changes.

Well I went out for a ride on the dirt roads today for a couple of hours. Big crowd of riders at the Superburger at 89/10. Lots of people zipping around on their sport bikes. Cops were parked nearby. Noticed there was an undercover cop outside half the Churches. Very strange times.

we went to see the in-laws in Guelph (an outdoor visit minimum 10ft apart with masks on) and on our way home, the Ice House on Guelph Line was packed with bikers, all without masks on...

Got my first shot tonight. If I can make it through the next 2 weeks now without getting the 'vid I will be able to relax a lot more this summer.

The question is....given how this lockdown is really a big joke and many are treating it as such, I think the next 2-3 weeks are going to be a gong show. Going to be keeping my distance from everyone for the next 14 days. After that with an ~80 efficacy against infection and 100% effectiveness against major sickness or hospitalization, I will breathe easier.

I got sent home to work on March 16 2020. My office reduced staff to essential personal only. Respecting the situation and the stay at home order, I stayed home while my husband, considered essential service, went to work every day. He was the one that would stop at the grocery store on his way home. I never thought that I'd be doing the same thing a year later.

We held the training sessions in June through September, but it was very different, making sure we keep everyone socially distanced. No family get togethers happened in 2020. With none of the standard get togethers, gatherings/rides I started to really look forward to 2021 and coming out of this pandemic. In August, my office started a return to work phase in and said that they were now going to allow 25 people, maximum, in the office. It was not mandatory, but those of us that felt the need for mental sanity to get out of the house could go into the office once or twice a week. I jumped on this chance. It was great to be out of my house, though I will admit I hated the commute. The restaurants were patio open so we were even able to go out for lunch. This did wonders for my mental state. Then December 24th hit and again we were all sent home and only essential personal were allowed in the office.

When teaching last summer, the Timmy's, in Vaughan, that is near the parking lot had their bathrooms closed. This made for a few challenging drives. Quite a few of the Timmy's and McDonalds that we stopped at last summer, on our way home, had their bathrooms closed because you had to go through the dining area to get to them and they had the dining areas fully blocked off.

I never expected to be in this same position a year later. In the beginning I was watching the news to keep up on the happenings. Eventually, this just made me sad and depressed to I stopped watching the news. I get COVID updates from our HR department as it relates to our office staff and policies/procedures. My mom tell me what "color" we are in, though I'll be honest, the whole color code thing confuses the heck outta me. To me, RED means STOP, so I don't understand how GREY means we do less than RED.

With no bike shows to start the year, which I always look forward to, no family gathers leading up to the bike shows and no prepping for our annual California vacation has definitely turned the winter blues into a new level of stir crazy. I find myself on a teeter totter of thinking these days. On one hand I respect and follow the stay at home order, not wanting to be part of the problem. On the other, I've been doing this for so long, and so has everyone else, there can't be any harm in getting together with those responsible people... back to... I've been doing it for this long, it would just be stupid to stop now and end up with COVID because I'm selfishly in need of socializing with people that don't live in my house!

Today was beautiful and I was able to get outside and do some yard work... I know, I know... I should have been riding...

I'm hoping to get out in the next few weekends for a nice ride. For all of you that are already out and about in the Barrie, Orillia, Kawartha Lakes, Big Chute areas please help by letting me (us) know of establishments (Timmy's or other) that have their bathrooms open. This is a major part of planning a ride for me. Not a fan of trying to hide behind trees.. lol

I got sent home to work on March 16 2020.

Today was beautiful and I was able to get outside and do some yard work... I know, I know... I should have been riding...
Me too. Sent home the same day to work from home and while I like being around all the people I work with in person, I do appreciate not being at risk each and every day. My wife is essential and does all the errands.

My commute is about 20 steps. I get to eat lunch in my backyard. I have saved a boatload of cash on commuting and eating out.

And I didn't get any riding in either this weekend - all yard work and no play!

Good times are around the corner - just have to be a little more patient.

I'm actually looking forward to a summer with at least some degree of normality. Things are beginning to open up and get back to normal here. New cases and deaths are dropping day after day as the effect of the vaccines becomes more widespread.

We rode for almost 11 hours yesterday at a leisurely pace and was able to stop for my favourite muffin and coffee and then had a burger and salad for a late lunch. Places still require masks and seating capacity is still limited to 50% but at least things are going in the right direction.

I can't believe I'm actually typing this but, as much as I think Trump is a bit of a tool, at least he made the right decision by securing as much vaccine as the government could get and setting up good supply chains to get it out. It does seem to be having a positive impact.

Happy Days !!!

I was out today picking up a few essentials. I noticed NO difference at all except a few lineups outside of a few stores now...and restaurant patios empty.

If anything it seemed to me that it was BUSIER at the 2 places I actually went into.

Sure glad I'm getting my first shot tomorrow. This mockdown is a hopeless lost cause.
I sure hope you checked the VAERS database on the CDC website. If you haven't yet, do so. Here's how you do so. I made a video and would post it but don't want to be banned. The results will make your blood run cold. These people were alive just days ago...

Start:

You have to enter the request by going to:

https://wonder.cdc.gov/…/D8;jsessionid=19E9E3CCD9A32E1BEDDE…

Click on one of the links that come up

1. Accept the disclaimer

2.click on VAERS data search

3. In section 1, click on group results by "VAERS ID" , and by "vaccine type" and by "event category"

4. Under optional measures (still in section 1) tick off "adverse event description"

5. Scroll down to section 3 and under Vaccine Products select "Covid19 vaccine" Make sure it is the only option selected. (You will have to deselect "All vaccine products" from the top of the list.)

6. Scroll down to section 5 and under event category select "death".
Make sure it is the only option selected. (Don’t forget to deselect “all events” from the top of the list).

Scroll to the very bottom and click send.

Done.

I did a screen capture video on the results, but posting it would likely get me banned as the truth is now frowned upon.

The guy formerly known as Mladin.

Last edited:
"And your point is what? You are more right than i am? Lol."

That and if you had the same bike as he has (now) you'd be riding the best thing since pockets on a shirt.

Last edited:
Maverick - I read the info and am not concerned that people died after getting a vaccine WE ALL WILL EVENTUALLY.
Getting a vaccine doesn't mean you can't pass from something else. Most entries couldn't connect the the two other than by time. And many deaths listed specify other causes.
You're creating a concern where I don't think it's warranted.

Maverick - I read the info and am not concerned that people died after getting a vaccine WE ALL WILL EVENTUALLY.
Getting a vaccine doesn't mean you can't pass from something else. Most entries couldn't connect the the two other than by time. And many deaths listed specify other causes.
You're creating a concern where I don't think it's warranted.
The commonality you should be zeroing in on is most of this exhaustive list died within two days of taking the second shot. This is regardless of age, 20's or 80's, it made no difference.

The guy formerly known as Mladin.

**** it cutekill, amazon and ififfle

Just drop trow and go. Its a bum, not much can be seen in a crouch and really it ain't that interesting!

Shewee is a great way to pee yourself, they don't work. Trust me

I've not had an issue yet, had more issues with disgusting bathrooms pre covid. In my car its awesome, pull over open both doors and you even have a old lady grab handle via the frame. Lol

No one stopped us trailering bikes or sled all over ontario and Quebec this last year. With the exception of North Bay it seemed business as usual, just had to be prepped for it. A lot of pre-planning so you did not have to use local shops other than gas

Looks like Dougie may issue a stay at home order Thursday . With strict essential items only stores open . With isles closed to non essential items .

Looks like Dougie may issue a stay at home order Thursday . With strict essential items only stores open . With isles closed to non essential items .
Now he limits this? My head hurts.

Back
Top Bottom