Another lockdown=less riding? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Another lockdown=less riding?

More riding the roads are clear I can go to Toronto in an hour. Feels much more safer with less cars so I w

Yes and no. It was my experience during the first lockdown that the cars that were left on the roads were using the lack of traffic to play Mario Andretti.

As for this "lockdown" I doubt we'll see any difference in traffic whatsoever. Honestly, so little has changed that it's really not going to remove any traffic that hasn't been there already for the last 6 months.

I didnt read the revised version of the shutdown if any but the last one we had was a stay at home order and only go out for essentials. This time around the whole province is shutdown, similar to grey zone lockdown of the framework and there is no restriction on travels or boundaries.
Why should people in Owen Sound with barely any Covid cases pay the hefty price of Toronto/Peel irresponsibility? Never seen such stupidity from a government.
Pretty sure we were in the category where we could visit a secondary property for less than a 24hr period, or more than X days. Been a while since I read it, but when we got into the hard lockdown I checked the wording on the Provincial guideline/law/whatever and it was clear about secondary properties being allowed to be visited.

EDIT: It was the ‘stay at home order’

View attachment 47812
This is just as maddening and frustrating now as it was a year ago.
So now Covid doesn't infect you if you are less than 24 hrs at a cottage in contact with an infected person?

Why should people in Owen Sound with barely any Covid cases pay the hefty price of Toronto/Peel irresponsibility? Never seen such stupidity from a government.

Because stupid people travel and don't care to follow even the most basic guidelines to prevent transmission to those other areas.

Stupid Toronto person gets tired of lockdown and travels to Owen Sound, goes shopping at the dollar store, hits up the LCBO, browses the grocery store for an hour, goes to a restaurant for dinner, gets a motel, goes and does social things with some locals or other friends who came with them...repeat for a few days, and then comes home and finds they were infected. And the rest is history.

Smart person from Toronto wants to go check on their cottage, shops locally and packs everything they need, goes straight to their cottage non stop and carefully isolates there (and only there) for 3-4 days of relaxation and enjoyment, comes straight home and gets back on with life. No problem.

But what's the percentage of stupid people (or people who kinda do understand things, but just don't really care enough to be bothered and/or think this is all a big nothing burger) versus smart people anymore?

Long story short, the stupid are ruining it for the smart. And here we are.

Tim Hortons as I mentioned earlier in this thread. Most have bathrooms open.

I think we're in the chartreuse zone now, not sure. Yesterday we were in the Burnt Sienna zone. Up until about a week ago we were in "Charcoal", which was kinda like grey but different somehow. Come May when we exit the lockdown I think we move into Electric Lime.

And this is why this lockdown is gonna drag on.... :cautious:
I agree that it seems a bit reckless, but apparently this type of behavior isn't why it's dragging on.

I read an article that the virus is being spread in work places, mostly warehouse and food production/packaging then brought back to the workers communities and spread further still.

Some experts say that to really get a handle on the situation, they should target these populations with vaccinations during the current lock/shut down and forget about the age based rollout for a while.

Makes sense I think.

And just to be clear, I think gathering with 40 people to go for a ride (parade?) is ABSOLUTELY STUPID during a pandemic and SO UNAPPEALING IT REPELLS ME in normal conditions.

Because stupid people travel and don't care to follow even the most basic guidelines to prevent transmission to those other areas.

Stupid Toronto person gets tired of lockdown and travels to Owen Sound, goes shopping at the dollar store, hits up the LCBO, browses the grocery store for an hour, goes to a restaurant for dinner, gets a motel, goes and does social things with some locals or other friends who came with them...repeat for a few days, and then comes home and finds they were infected. And the rest is history.

Smart person from Toronto wants to go check on their cottage, shops locally and packs everything they need, goes straight to their cottage non stop and carefully isolates there (and only there) for 3-4 days of relaxation and enjoyment, comes straight home and gets back on with life. No problem.

But what's the percentage of stupid people (or people who kinda do understand things, but just don't really care enough to be bothered and/or think this is all a big nothing burger) versus smart people anymore?

You are using the same logic moronic politicians are using, take the guns off law-abiding citizens so the criminals (who have illegal weapons and don't care for laws) stop using their illegal guns to kill people. What makes you think that a rebellious, non-caring Toronto person, who never followed lockdown protocols obviously, will take heed of a 4th lockdown? He will still go to his parent's cottage, or friend's cottage, you are only hurting the small business owners, the people with businesses. heck, even Porter Airlines and Billy Bishop Airport have filed for bankruptcy.

You are not going to prevent transmission with lockdowns, if you are serious about preventing it, do a lockdown where nobody leaves their homes, or do the Texas way, vaccinate everybody and open up everything. All my 20-something-year-old cousins/nephews have been vaccinated in Texas, all of them. None of my family members here in Ontario have been. Not even my elder ones who are 67 and 72 respectively.

So stop voting them to power. It's time to reflect.

You are using the same logic moronic politicians are using, take the guns off law-abiding citizens so the criminals (who have illegal weapons and don't care for laws) stop using their illegal guns to kill people. What makes you think that a rebellious, non-caring Toronto person, who never followed lockdown protocols obviously, will take heed of a 4th lockdown? He will still go to his parent's cottage, or friend's cottage

Huh?

- You're attempting to confabulate gun issues with a virus. Let me know when a gun acts like a virus and you can completely unknowingly give it to someone without possibly even realizing you were carrying it and then it goes off and shoots and kills someone else through potentially no fault of their own. That's a far stretch of an analogy....

- You also don't seem to grasp the goal of a universal lockdown across all areas. Sure, irresponsible idiots will still travel between areas but the point you're missing is now they'll have more difficulty being willing or unwilling spreaders along the way, or incentive to do so. When the same restrictions are in place at somewhere an hour away as they are in your own backyard the incentive to travel is removed. The "going to the cottage" example is a bad example to begin with - we're talking people from Toronto coming to Pickering or Oshawa (outside the lockdown) to go to the malls and hairdressers and restaurants etc in other areas that were open while their own were closed. THAT'S the reason it's closed across the board now.

Bike is in to get new rubber . I have some new routes to try . Anyone have some routes mapped out for HD GTS gps and are willing to share ? Hopefully beat my 18.5K from last year . A friend is getting her M2 . She is looking to join me on hopefully her Honda Rebel 500 .

. Sure, irresponsible idiots will still travel between areas but the point you're missing is now they'll have more difficulty being willing or unwilling spreaders along the way, or incentive to do so.
You just proved my point that lockdowns are useless, they only destroy small businesses.

Just read that you’re not allowed outside your region.

You just proved my point that lockdowns are useless

1617411746526.png

Well, except when they work I guess, like when one was instituted on boxing day (or whatever it was) and we went from 3500/day to 1000. And when we completely squashed what would have been a similar curve last April.

And then the variants came along and Ford thought it useful to remove restrictions, and hey....

Hmm I rather a first party source of info. When I went on Ont Gov website there was very little info on what is allowed other

Here is what they have on the Ont website

Starting April 3, the COVID-19covid 19 Response Framework (colour-coded zones) is paused.

There is very little details actually.

It's WAAAAAAY more dangerous than a year ago.
I would take all these news of "deadlier variants" with a pinch of salt. Are these the same guys that said that masks wouldn't help at all but that touching doorhandles and gas pumps were deadly? Ontario's Top Doc, that skinny lady actually said that wearing masks didn't protect you at all, she's on record saying this 1 year ago in the beginning. And what happened to touching door handles being deadly? Now we can do it no problem?

You want me to trust these same people to educate me on Covid?

I would take all these news of "deadlier variants" with a pinch of salt. Are these the same guys that said that masks wouldn't help at all but that touching doorhandles and gas pumps were deadly? Ontario's Top Doc, that skinny lady actually said that wearing masks didn't protect you at all, she's on record saying this 1 year ago in the beginning. And what happened to touching door handles being deadly? Now we can do it no problem?

Yes

Don't spread misinformation.

Back
Top Bottom