Another gas price thread ! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Another gas price thread !

Dr.Manhattan

Site Supporter
Anyone have any predictions for this summers gas prices ?. Word on the street is that they are going to get pretty high once again, possibly in the 1.40 area or more. Few friends of mine in the States are already ****** that some places are at 5 dollars a gallon. It's about time we start using our own Oil in Canada and get some half decent prices.

Anyone have any predictions for this summers gas prices ?. Word on the street is that they are going to get pretty high once again, possibly in the 1.40 area or more. Few friends of mine in the States are already ****** that some places are at 5 dollars a gallon. It's about time we start using our own Oil in Canada and get some half decent prices.

Everyone that I know in the states still pay under $4.00/gallon?
Also I heard it was supposed to get up to the $1.70/liter near the fall but not sure how true that is.

Damm these prices, it makes me debate between Shell 91 or going for premiun 89 now.. =\

I'm sure we'll see at least $1.40 by May 24 weekend. I'm so anxious for riding season to begin. So tired of filling up my truck. I don't mind paying a little more if I'm on the bike.

I'm sure we'll see at least $1.40 by May 24 weekend. I'm so anxious for riding season to begin. So tired of filling up my truck. I don't mind paying a little more if I'm on the bike.

Well, at least we are somewhat blessed in Peterborough, as our gas prices are always very low compared to anywhere else.

I'm glad all my stuff runs fine on 87 oct

Its already at 1.39 today. I think at peak summer it should hit 1.50 easy. Gonna have to park the car and ride more often, even doing groceries, lol. Need a larger backpack now.

I also 2nd that. We need our own refineries, just doesn't make sense what we are doing.
I'm glad all my stuff runs fine on 87 oct

But u drive a SUV and wanted a 3/4 ton truck. Still more compare to my car drinking 91oct

One thing we have been watching is the possibility of the US intentionally jacking prices this year unnecessarily to build public aggression toward Iran. Basically another false flag so they can go waste trillions of dollars losing yet. Another war. This time with a country who has the potential to own them outright.

Tinfoil theories aside...... If it does jump past $2 this year that would be the reason why. It's not like we had an overly cold winter to blame.

2012 may be the year the USA gets attacked for real this time.

One thing we have been watching is the possibility of the US intentionally jacking prices this year unnecessarily to build public aggression toward Iran. Basically another false flag so they can go waste trillions of dollars losing yet. Another war. This time with a country who has the potential to own them outright.

Tinfoil theories aside...... If it does jump past $2 this year that would be the reason why. It's not like we had an overly cold winter to blame.

2012 may be the year the USA gets attacked for real this time.

I really don't believe the US wants to attack Iran..I'm sure they're working very hard to convince Israel the same thing...they might get pushed into it though by Saudi..their oil actually matters..

Basically, I only use my Grand Cherokee to get to work in the winter. I thought about selling the pig, but there's been a dozen of them on Kijiji since December. So, I'll keep feeding it till I can get the bike out.

My workmate has a 120 L tank in his Hemi Ram Pickup, and does a 100 Km round trip every day in it. His wife does the same in a Jeep Liberty. That's about $600 a month for fuel. Insanity. They stopped going out to eat when it hit $1.00 a Liter.

My workmate has a 120 L tank in his Hemi Ram Pickup, and does a 100 Km round trip every day in it. His wife does the same in a Jeep Liberty. That's about $600 a month for fuel. Insanity. They stopped going out to eat when it hit $1.00 a Liter.

I've been contemplating lately the current Toronto housing price situation and I've been wondering if the price of gas could be the catalyst to send the market into meltdown-mode. For some people, their gas bill is going to hurt because of the commute they've forced themselves into..

I feel bad for those people that need to run premium in their litre bikes.

I feel bad for those people that need to run premium in their litre bikes.

<<Sheepishly raises hand>>
Got a 750 not a liter. I'm glad I didn't get 1000. Miss my old bike where the mileage is better and uses regular

They need to bring over more diesels to North America. Double the KM, on the same amount of fuel.

Keep throwing your money away...

How so? If your car is tuned for 94 then you really have no choice other than to retune it for 91.... unless you want it to blow up because you listen to people like, well, you.

If it's a case of someone thinking their car needs 94 (and there are so few cars sold in North America that do) when it doesn't then yea, but "throwing your money away" is hardly what they are doing.

Once you get into high end cars and heavily modified track/road cars with SAEMs you have certain requirments.

Back
Top Bottom