And now for something completely different | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

And now for something completely different

special alright....in a white way. lol

Didn't get disowned for getting a bike.....but overly reminded to be safe to this day.

Never done this before.I'm off to Hamilton to give my daughter my 1976 TY175. No point in it being in my garage anymore.She rides it,she can have it.We'll go to the mot to get the ownership changed.Can't wait to see her face.
UZUoWom.jpg
Tell us how it goes. My middle son just got transferred to Timmins. I spent a lot of time with him restoring an 81 XV920r, teaching him the basic mechanical stuff he needs to know to maintain a bike. I have a second one that I'm almost finished refreshing -- gonna drop it off at his house a few days before the movers arrive.

Tell us how it goes. My middle son just got transferred to Timmins. I spent a lot of time with him restoring an 81 XV920r, teaching him the basic mechanical stuff he needs to know to maintain a bike. I have a second one that I'm almost finished refreshing -- gonna drop it off at his house a few days before the movers arrive.
She is already talking about heating her garage so she can tinker with it.I'm very surprised considering she has a 3 month old taking up a lot of her time.
She will be at the SOCT trials school in march,i'm sure.

@Wingboy That's awesome congrats! Need a good Polish son? Shaved head and all! No jail time I swear! LoL

Funny you guys talk about the immigrant (of course I am, from old commie Poland....left right after the wall fell) and non-immigrant families. I've run into some of the guys from school over the years, and I think I can safely say that the majority of the immigrant buddies....are MUCH MUCH better off currently then the non-immigrant buds.

I mean obviously it's not all the same...but just off the top of my head...immigrants...lawyer, doctor, CPAs, partners at the big 4, engineers (semi for me), and business owners / landlords.

Non-immigrant....partner at a big 4, accounting manager, controller at dealership, drug dealer, garbage man, teacher, never going to move out mom's eternal student, some engineers. I know of a few more that are way worse, but obviously we've lost touch over the years, so I have no clue what they're up to.

So I guess not all that different...

@Wingboy That's awesome congrats! Need a good Polish son? Shaved head and all! No jail time I swear! LoL

Funny you guys talk about the immigrant (of course I am, from old commie Poland....left right after the wall fell) and non-immigrant families. I've run into some of the guys from school over the years, and I think I can safely say that the majority of the immigrant buddies....are MUCH MUCH better off currently then the non-immigrant buds.

I mean obviously it's not all the same...but just off the top of my head...immigrants...lawyer, doctor, CPAs, partners at the big 4, engineers (semi for me), and business owners / landlords.

Non-immigrant....partner at a big 4, accounting manager, controller at dealership, drug dealer, garbage man, teacher, never going to move out mom's eternal student, some engineers. I know of a few more that are way worse, but obviously we've lost touch over the years, so I have no clue what they're up to.

So I guess not all that different...

We should make it clear that not all immigrants are perfect angels and intelligent geniuses.
Also, we should not take away any credit from the deserving non immigrants.

(this thread has already gone off topic but we don't want it to turn into a pissing match over who is better than who) ;)

She is already talking about heating her garage so she can tinker with it.I'm very surprised considering she has a 3 month old taking up a lot of her time.
She will be at the SOCT trials school in march,i'm sure.
They don't move much at that age. Just throw it in a laundry basket while you tinker on the bike in the heated garage :)

until kids are mobile you still have 90% of your freedom. Once they can get from room to room on thier own all bets are off.

We have a couple that race boats with us thursday nights. Newborns are set in car seats hanging on bungee cords in the hatchway. The kids literally grow up sailing, Mom has been seen helming with a 6mth old sitting on her lap. These parents are the exception, but my point is you can camp, sail, go fishing, whatever you want if you'll take some inconvenience.

I feel so bad for families that " we have a baby we cant do anything" , yeah you can. Your scared and dont like inconvenience.

No my dad is not a typical motorcycle enthusiast. He used to ride one back home, but I think that was more from an economical/practical perspective as it was easier to own a motorcycle than a car.

Up until 30 years or so ago when i bought my first bike... I had no idea there had been a time in my dad's life when he had been a "biker"...
After the war, in Europe a bike was pretty much the only affordable mode of motorized personal transport for a young man.
IIRC my dad's first machine was either a DKW or NSU cobbled together from junk yard parts.
He told me a few stories about riding around Germany in the late 40's early fifties... No helmet, none of what we'd consider proper riding "gear"...
A total "squid".. Lol
He gave it up after coming around a corner one day and slamming into a horse that was pulling a cart... The horse survived, the DKW/NSU did not..

He told me a few stories about riding around Germany in the late 40's early fifties... No helmet, none of what we'd consider proper riding "gear"...
A total "squid".. Lol

I remember being back home and the guys that rode motorcycle often had some sort of element. More of a bucket.
It was often beat up, a size or two too big and not even buckled.

It would not do anything good in a crash other than fly off the head to be the furthest piece of evidence from the crash site.

Back
Top Bottom